Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who was right?
Neither were right, they were both wrong 35 26.32%
Trump was right, Obama was wrong 39 29.32%
Obama was right, Trump was wrong 57 42.86%
They were both right in what they said, neither was wrong 2 1.50%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 02:13 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
When your thread hits 100 post lets look back on this subject and analyze it then.
So most of the people in the discussion think you are wrong, and the poll results are nearly 2:1 in favor of Obama over Trump. But sure, you know more than everyone else, you've shown us with your intellect.

Analyzing the discussion or the poll results does not help you.

View Poll Results: Who was right?
Neither were right, they were both wrong 20 23.81%
Trump was right, Obama was wrong 23 27.38%
Obama was right, Trump was wrong 39 46.43%
They were both right in what they said, neither was wrong 2 2.38%
Voters: 84. You have already voted on this poll
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 05:01 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,153 times
I mean that's how society works..... you either build upon or tear down what someone down the time line provided for you.

Old 03-21-2018, 05:57 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,073 times
Neither one. Presidents don't fix anything.

Only individuals do.

Old 03-21-2018, 06:15 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Proof is in the pudding.

Trump can't even turn a screwdriver let alone think further ahead than the next strip club.

Anything we build using our common money and intelligence (the internet for example, as well as interstate highways, space stations and MUCH more) falls under Obama's words.

One wonders why an age-old saying that anyone (of reason and logic) agrees with is suddenly political? Maybe....because a black guy said it, eh?

Note "We all stand on the shoulders of Giants" is the long term equiv. of what Obama said....or on a more local level, "it takes a village" or "it takes a country", etc.

There is no human being in the USA with a decent life who doesn't depend on vast amounts of others intelligence and hard world. This includes both former generations and people living now.

How could there be any question about this? This is yet another issue where the Right went "off the rails". Speaking of rails, the Federal Gubment was largely responsible for the transcontinental RR. But that's just the beginning. They organized the telegraph system, navigation, roads, GPS, control of flooding in most of the country, electric generation and much much more.

Ever hear of the TVA? Hoover Dam? You didn't build that.

So far, according to Historians, Trump is #45 out of 45 - meaning he hasn't built much.....alone. He did build a bunch of lies, which have created great income for comedians and for many media outlets. So give credit where it is due. Our nation may be falling behind but at least some money is being made by cartoonists.

Old 03-21-2018, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
...the Federal Gubment was largely responsible for the transcontinental RR. But that's just the beginning. They organized the telegraph system, navigation, roads, GPS, control of flooding in most of the country, electric generation and much much more.
And not a single thing you listed couldn't have been done far more quickly, cheaply, and more efficiently by the private sector. For example:

The Transcontinental Railroad was a blatant example of crony capitalism. Not only did it outright steal land from Native American tribes, it went bankrupt twice and sunk the Grant administration.

The Great Northern Railroad was built entirely with private money on privately purchased land, by a self-made businessman--James J. Hill. Not only that, the line was profitable from the very beginning.

Old 03-21-2018, 06:49 PM

34,045 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Obama was a Big Statist, whose statement revealed that perfectly. USSR's 5 year plans would have been a like mindset to Obama.

Trump recognizes the US Private Sector is the only US productive center.

Old 03-21-2018, 06:58 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Proof is in the pudding.
Correct and under Obama we doubled the debt, screwed the health care system for his "legacy", had record levels of people on food stamps, large loss of influence around the world, needlessly escalated the war in Afghanistan killing Americans for nothing, most divisive president ever splitting the country further apart, something liberal media has continued with. Honest historians, not pseudo intellectual liberals, won't rate Obama any better than a mediocre president.

Old 03-21-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Obama was a Big Statist, whose statement revealed that perfectly. USSR's 5 year plans would have been a like mindset to Obama.

Trump recognizes the US Private Sector is the only US productive center.
Trump is a Statist too, bud.

-His tariffs are State-managed, centrally-planned economics.
-He wants a $1.5 trillion infrastructure bill, which is pure crony corporatism.
-His opioid plan is anti free-market, anti-freedom, and benefits the State.

Old 03-21-2018, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Correct and under Obama we doubled the debt, screwed the health care system for his "legacy", had record levels of people on food stamps, large loss of influence around the world, needlessly escalated the war in Afghanistan killing Americans for nothing, most divisive president ever splitting the country further apart, something liberal media has continued with. Honest historians, not pseudo intellectual liberals, won't rate Obama any better than a mediocre president.
He was terrible, no doubt. But just as Obama was a continuation of Bush, for the most part Trump is a continuation of Obama.

Old 03-21-2018, 07:30 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
He is already rated right where I guessed at the start of his term....about 2/3. Or at about number 15/16/17.

According to the nuts, he'd fall off the bottom of the charts. But reality does matter.

You have exposed your lack of knowledge by the screed above. It's quite simple really....how many times does the chart have to be shown. I'll do it once more......BUT, I will also provide an example....

If you and I are brothers and I have a house with a very large mortgage......but I borrowed against it even more until I borrowed more than the value. I also took out a big car loan, some school loans and have medical debt. I also defaulted or was late in many payments.

Then I gave you the house - along with everything "as-is".

Would you expect to prosper in the first year? two years? Or would it take you many years to get everything straight, even to a basic degree? I say the later.

The POTUS is, in a sense, a lagging indicator. Everyone knows Obama was given the wars, the biggest recession in history and tax cuts out of debt and deficit which were set in stone.

Here's the chart. Believe what you want, but we can already see where the ACA improved things (didn't go up as quickly, more people insured). Now Trumpcare is doing the opposite.

One can only look at things through the lens of what a person does with the hand they are dealt. Obama did well but would have been better if the GOP decided to be human beings and do their jobs.

Here is the chart. It is quite accurate, IMHO...and I was there the whole time watching it, in business, an investor and also closely tied to many people involved.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...1&d=1521682234
Attached Thumbnails
Who was right?  Trump (I alone can fix it) or Obama (You didn't build that)?-obamashand.gif  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies