Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 09:01 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times

Advertisements

Trump and Kelly are furious about the most recent WH leak regarding Trump ignoring the "DO NOT CONGRATULATE" for the Putin phone call.

Trump got rid of a lot of staff over the past year to stop the leaks. There are still leakers in the WH.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...t-to-congratul

"..a small group of staffers would have access to those briefing materials and would have known what his advisers would suggest before the phone call to Putin

...the president was asking allies and outside advisers who they thought was responsible for the leak.

...Kelly reportedly plans to address the leak on Wednesday as aides work to figure out how the information became public."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 09:13 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,179,855 times
1. I think Trump is the leaker or at least knowingly encourages the leaker if he can't do it directly. He does love the chaos.

2. Just once, can he focus on the actual issue and not on the leaks? Why the **** did he congratulate Putin?

Old 03-21-2018, 09:19 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post

2. Just once, can he focus on the actual issue and not on the leaks? Why the **** did he congratulate Putin?
Same reason Obama called Putin in 2012 and congratulated him on the win. You may not like Putin but you've got to deal with Putin.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:24 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
1. I think Trump is the leaker or at least knowingly encourages the leaker if he can't do it directly. He does love the chaos.

That's the million dollar question.

We have clear evidence that Putin not only interfered in our election but ran a sham of an election of his own.

Trump's advisors were sharp enough to warn him not to congratulate Putin, but he did it anyway. You got to dance with the guy who brought you, as Molly Ivins would say.

Now things are in a uproar because word got out.

Anyone want to bet that he called one of his numerous "advisors" and bragged how Kelly tried to shut him up but he showed Kelly.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 03-21-2018 at 09:37 AM..

Old 03-21-2018, 09:27 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:

Putin and the NRA have joint custody of Trump. He had to congratulate him.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:31 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,179,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
That's the million dollar question.

We have clear evidence that Putin not only interfered in our election but ran a sham of an election of his own.

His advisors were sharp enough to warn him not to congratulate Putin, but he did it anyway. You got to dance with the guy who brought you, as Molly Ivins would say.

Now things are in a uproar because word got out.

Anyone want to bet that he called one of his numerous "advisors" and bragged how Kelly tried to shut him up but he showed Kelly.

That sounds HIGHLY likely.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:34 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Same reason Obama called Putin in 2012 and congratulated him on the win. You may not like Putin but you've got to deal with Putin.
At the time, Republicans said Obama did that because he was weak. Trump is weak too. We need to stand up to this murderer. Trump should listen to his advisers. I doubt he even read the briefing paper. Good thing that it was leaked so we know that the advisers, at least, are not tools of the Kremlin like their boss.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:34 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Not only did he go against recommendations to not congratulate Putin...

he never mentioned the Russian interference in US election and the deaths of Russian nationals from poisoning...

Old 03-21-2018, 09:36 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Not only did he go against recommendations to not congratulate Putin...

he never mentioned the Russian interference in US election and the deaths of Russian nationals from poisoning...
He'll just wave the "fake news" flag and the trumpette bobble heads will follow right along.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:41 AM

993 posts, read 766,974 times
I wonder if Trump is the leaker in a 'round about way. Maybe he was bragging to his buddies or a journalist “hahaha....they told me not to congratulate Putin....hell, they even wrote it out for me! Right on top on the briefing in capital letters! Screw them.....I’m doing this my way.” And one of his buddies leaked it.

Trump has a big mouth. He has to brag about being the big, bad man. I’d bet money on it. In fact, he probably wanted that info leaked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies