Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2018, 07:04 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
Maybe the back door promise from the (D) leaders was that if the Pres. signs the Budget then they'll stop with the impeachment threats. Even if that is the case, which I doubt, I surely wouldn't trust them to stick to their word. There are simply too many loons in the Democratic party.
I'm not buying the impeachment threat deal.

The impeachment word is used to troll Trump and to rile up folks.

It has been made very clear that it is next to impossible to impeach Trump.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:05 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Oh, it doesn't really bother me, after all, I got that Yuge tax cut. I was able to go to McDonald's TWICE ! Even upgraded to the large fries !
The problem here is your health care bill will go up 30% when those large fries clog your arteries, and Trump is throwing 10+ million off the health care rolls.

You loose....

Old 03-24-2018, 07:07 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
H2B visas are used to keep wages down.

Trump says he can't find American workers to work at the wages he pays. Hence he needs to import foreigners who will work for a low wage.

Employment agencies say they have an abundance of workers who would work at his resorts and golf courses. No mention of wage problems.
Yes, of course they could hire US workers. There are plenty of kids and heck some adults who would love to work at mar lago, I’m sure the tips are insane. Of course his facility will runs an ad in the local paper, which no one freaking reads, then claims they can’t find anyone.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:07 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
The problem here is your health care bill will go up 30% when those large fries clog your arteries, and Trump is throwing 10+ million off the health care rolls.

You loose....
Uh, you must have missed the sarcasm.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:18 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
No way the Ds will impeach Trump -- they hate Pence even more.
D’s Are the minority in both chambers.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:28 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Who do conservatives think they are fooling pretending fiscal responsibility was why they voted for Trump? Trump'll soon make some racist comment and be back in the good graces of the far right.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:30 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,316,146 times
The Republican's are a soft opposition party owned by the N.W.O. International money creators.

The difference between the Democrats and Republicans is that the Democrats make no pretense of who they are. They're running towards a one world Communist government whereas the Republicans act like they're opposed, especially when not in power, but they're walking, probably more like jogging to the same outcome.

They're there so the brainwashed sheeple who don't want to be enslaved don't get too alarmed and start to try to enact real resistance to the criminal, communist, Rothschild, satanic run system.

There's a reason they want to take the second amendment away.

Behold your future:
"In the Shadow of Hermes"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcAPJ-kn8Vs

For those who want to learn more, here's more about the puppeteers:
"NWO & Mainstream Media Lies"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNx-CuxPjJQ

Old 03-24-2018, 07:31 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I'm not buying the impeachment threat deal.

The impeachment word is used to troll Trump and to rile up folks.

It has been made very clear that it is next to impossible to impeach Trump.
The Senate which fully supported this isn't going to impeach Trump because he did their bidding. One does have to give them credit for Trump taking all the blame though.

I'm not sold that the silent portion of the electorate won't remember this come November though.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:34 AM

89,003 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
You are the Textbook definition of a blind follower. The H2b visas are not used by lefty Silicon Valley types, that would be the h1b visa. The h2b visa benefits trump and those like him who own golf courses. As a matter of fact his property had already formally requested an increase in the number it could hire. But I guess it’s easier for you to rip on “lefties” regardless of the facts. It’s no shock this appeared in the bill, trump has ALWAYS been about enriching himself.
Um... HELLO...

The H-2B visa nonimmigrant program permits employers to hire foreign workers to come to the United States and perform temporary nonagricultural services or labor on a one-time, seasonal, peakload or intermittent basis. That's how they hold them hostage to lower wages. Work for $Salary minus 35%, or you don't come back to the US next time we're looking to hire.

Why keep Americans employed on an annual salary when you can hire H-2Bs at peak times (software/platform releases/rollouts, updates, etc.)? See what I mean?

Last edited by InformedConsent; 03-24-2018 at 07:43 AM..

Old 03-24-2018, 07:38 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I think they figured why make such a big compromise now, when we will get the majority in November we can do DACA and full amnesty without any wall. I bet their candidates run on that in November.
Yup, that's my thought too.

I can assure you that DACA is still a significant issue for the left.

Pelosi and Schumer are masters at political strategy. It's not just Trump they rolled - it's Ryan and McConnell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies