Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2018, 08:58 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
BBM

Yep, the cameras are used to resolve questions following an encounter between officers and members of the public. That is exactly what was recorded on the police body cameras. I'm sure people are very curious about how police officers interact with each other and would really like to have video of those conversations, but that's not the purpose of the body cameras.

Thankfully, those who interpret the purpose for body cameras, and when cops are free to disable them, have a better understanding than you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2018, 09:00 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Yes it does. You must not understand the laws and what cops do for a living. Let's just agree to disagree. And what makes you the judge and jury?
No it doesn't.

What have I said to make you think I believe *I* am the judge and jury?

Old 03-24-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
You're intentionally propagating hyperbole that he was executed with premeditated intent for vandalism, which is very disingenuous. The police were chasing a criminal with no respect for personal property, savagely smashing in car windows in the neighborhood. It's not a large leap to believe that he may hold the same lack of respect for other people's lives. He pulled something out of his pocket in pitch black darkness while running from police and the police reacted in a split second.

It's unfortunate, and no one deserves to die for vandalism, but Clark put himself in that situation and what ended up happening was very probable. Maybe the guy even committed suicide by cop
He was executed.

Old 03-24-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Sure it does if the LEO felt like his life is on the line from a fleeing, non-compliant criminal who he may have suspected having a weapon.
That's convenient.

All a cop has to say is he felt his life was in danger and he can kill anyone he pleases.

Imagine the power of that statement.

"I felt my life was in danger."

Amazing.

Old 03-24-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
A hood rat died and I refuse to get worked up over it.
Don't ever talk about the oppressive government regime again.

You've just proved your beliefs are only for those you deem fit to deserve human rights.

No better than the government you purport to hate on a daily basis in this forum.

Old 03-24-2018, 09:11 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
That's convenient.

All a cop has to say is he felt his life was in danger and he can kill anyone he pleases.

Imagine the power of that statement.

"I felt my life was in danger."

Amazing.
Why do you choose to ignore the context in which this happened? This man was not sipping tea in his grandmother's backyard. He was vandalizing property and jumping over backyard fences in the middle of the night. When confronted by police, he ran. When confronted a second time, he did not show his hands, instead he started fooling around with his phone.

Old 03-24-2018, 09:16 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Why do you choose to ignore the context in which this happened? This man was not sipping tea in his grandmother's backyard. He was vandalizing property and jumping over backyard fences in the middle of the night. When confronted by police, he ran. When confronted a second time, he did not show his hands, instead he started fooling around with his phone.
Has it been established that he was the vandal? Source?

Actually he showed his hands one of which had a cell phone in it. Got him killed.

Old 03-24-2018, 09:44 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
He was executed.
Actually he essentially committed suicide

Old 03-24-2018, 09:45 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Actually he essentially committed suicide
Suicide by cop .

Old 03-24-2018, 09:48 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Why do you choose to ignore the context in which this happened?
Decisions on use of deadly force are predicated on whether the perpetrator is a current threat.

Not on any of this crap:
Quote:
He was vandalizing property and jumping over backyard fences in the middle of the night. When confronted by police, he ran. When confronted a second time, he did not show his hands, instead he started fooling around with his phone.
That is, if you run a professional police force.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies