Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 06:28 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,791,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
You need to listen to more than just "Wait Wait Don't tell Me", since that is a comedy show, and will, of course, have lots of jokes about politics and the news of the day.
LMAO that was the first show I thought of when I read that post. What else could it be? Heh.

Old 03-25-2018, 07:19 AM

30,030 posts, read 11,623,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architech100 View Post
The republicans are literally paying to get whipped by pbs and npr on a daily basis lol
Actually the MSM has shifted much farther left than either PBS or NPR is. I think it is time for them to be supported by advertising and not government handouts and donations. But the GOP does not have the backbone to do it and the DEM's spun it into attacking sesame street last time it was brought up so it never happened.

Both parties are a disgrace with this budget. I am proud to not be a member of either of them.

Someone needs to go line by line and point out every single misuse of taxpayer money in this budget. I am sure there are thousands of examples. And people need to wakeup and realize how poorly they are being represented in Washington.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:01 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,466,073 times
Lightbulb Corporation for Public Broadcasting gets $445 million

It's a good start. Should be twice as much.

Maybe quadrupled.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:05 AM

9,826 posts, read 7,125,964 times
One other thing in the bill - it grants the CDC to authority to conduct research on gun violence. It didn't repeal the Dickey amendment or provide any funding but I'm sure there will be a sort of skunk works coming out of the woodwork.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:10 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,722,665 times
There are a great number of things in this bill that could be eliminated in order to have the money for a well funded national healthcare system.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:14 AM

15,218 posts, read 30,483,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Actually the MSM has shifted much farther left than either PBS or NPR is. I think it is time for them to be supported by advertising and not government handouts and donations. But the GOP does not have the backbone to do it and the DEM's spun it into attacking sesame street last time it was brought up so it never happened.
The advertising-supported media model is dead. Buried. Dead. Rotting.

People think it's the Internet that killed the newspaper. They're only sort of right - it wasn't the availability of news online that killed the newspaper. It was outfits like Craigslist offering localized classifieds for free. Took away the last "monopoly" the local paper had.

Classifieds pretty much were the reason payroll was made and I got paid for working in the newsroom, which generates nothing for the paper as far as the balance sheet was concerned.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:15 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,687,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And Trump signed it, with nary a word of protest. This is the number one issue for the pretend "Christians," and why they always vote Republican, and they were screwed over by the GOP yet again.

Do you think they're smart enough to finally figure out that Republicans don't care about PP or the issue of abortion, except around election time, when the GOP uses it to dupe them into voting for their party year in and year out?

That's a rhetorical question. Of course they aren't. They'll be lining up to vote Republican again in November, and the GOP will use abortion to get them to the polls yet again. And the saps will fall for it yet again, just like they always do.
This is the obverse of the republican's complaining that the poor/disenfranchised/black/whatever people are trotted out by the dems at election time and then nothing gets done for them. We are all mightily done over by our elected officials. I'm with the kids... politicians, do something the people want, or get voted out.

Old 03-27-2018, 12:55 PM

193 posts, read 91,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I listen to the local NPR station on the weekends and WOW it is a never ending bash of all things Trump.

I have been listening for many years before the first Obama election and never realized how Left leaning they were.
The second go around with Obama was just as bad but what really got me was how many stories they used to have about the struggle of gay kids living in the middle east.

NPR is nothing but a propaganda machine for the Left. Today they are having another on air fund raising and you have to wonder why when the Feds just handed them $445 million.

Here is a question: How much is in the budget for Right wing radio?
Any day of the week you can turn it on and its a constant stream of left wing bias and neo-liberalism and mediocre programming. NPR was on today in the uber car I was riding in, state of things had stories on the history of the womens march and learning colors with black history

Leftist propaganda all paid for with our taxpayer money. The republicans are just cowards
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.