Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 08:14 AM

37,165 posts, read 19,174,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Indoctrinated Marxists who parrot what their teachers, and unions tell them to say.

Oooh, Capitalism is mean.
Guns are bad.
I want to work for a "Non-PROFIT".
Big Government is great!
My Starbucks took too long!
I can't look up from my phone.

Morons.
https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news...king/33275399/

Old 03-26-2018, 08:14 AM

39,200 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
So why are Grenades and bazookas not at my local store on the shelf?
A real ww2 bazooka is actually museum piece.

Most gun owners know that 2nd amendment is not and should not be absolute. These items you mentioned are highly regulated and somebody need a special permit to own them. Most gun owners understand that.

However, many benign household stuffs can be used to make explosives. Just sayin'.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:16 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
A real ww2 bazooka is actually museum piece.

Most gun owners know that 2nd amendment is not and should not be absolute. These items you mentioned are highly regulated and somebody need a special permit to own them. Most gun owners understand that.

However, many benign household stuffs can be used to make explosives. Just sayin'.
Automatic weapons should be included in that group.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Automatic weapons should be included in that group.
and they actually are. I don't think it is EASY to buy automatic weapons.

Class 3 weapon needs special permit I believe.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:21 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
How dare they think that their right to live outweighs your right to play with guns.

You must not be a parent.

Enough with your false dilemmas. Under that logic, you should also be arguing that people with mental illness should be euthanized because mentally ill people might turn violent and threaten the lives of innocents everywhere.

... and I have 3 kids... 2 in High School. None of us are dumb enough to believe that taking guns away from good, lawful gun owners will somehow make the world a safer place.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Washington disbanded the Continental Army in November, 1783. The Constitution was written in 1787, and gave Congress the power to levy taxes for an army for a period of not more than two years.

Your article confirms what I said originally.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Although their lack of knowledge and appreciation for freedom is disturbing, good thing is most wont be bothered to vote.
Let's hope we are very pleasantly surprised by the interest that Gen Z has in politics.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Okay, if we are supposed to take these kids seriously, fine. But then that means lowering the drinking age to 18. And companies should be fine with allowing 18 year olds to get credit cards, car loans, even apartment leases and mortgages without co signers. Hey, kids today are way wiser beyond their years then we've been giving them credit for.
In fact, you should as parents be willing to turn over your finances to your kids for a month or two to see what a fine job they'd do since they're so enlightened and knowledgeable. Let them do the grocery shopping, do the household budget, even negotiate a car or appliance purchase for you if you need one.
Or maybe you can wake up and just look at your kids. They play video games and watch TV, listen to music all the time and have no clue as to what's going on in your hometown let alone state or country. They're inexperienced and easy prey to be manipulated and will fall for whatever they're told or won't even care what's going on unless it affects them personally.
Look up the Children's Crusade if you want a harsh history lesson. And that is what these kids are facing, the same damn thing.
Yep. Take them seriously. Nothing else means anything at all, because they ARE the future of the country.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Enough with your false dilemmas. Under that logic, you should also be arguing that people with mental illness should be euthanized because mentally ill people might turn violent and threaten the lives of innocents everywhere.

... and I have 3 kids... 2 in High School. None of us are dumb enough to believe that taking guns away from good, lawful gun owners will somehow make the world a safer place.
I agree with you.

I think we need different voices. Also, if somebody want to be activists, they need to accept the fact that not everybody would agree with them. It doesn't mean that they are not entitled to their opinions, but I think open debate and civilized conversations are essential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiqwEkjqcgc

Old 03-26-2018, 08:27 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
and they actually are. I don't think it is EASY to buy automatic weapons.

Class 3 weapon needs special permit I believe.
It requires a Class 3 License, fingerprints, background check, a bunch of forms and a $200 Tax Stamp. Full auto rifles are collector's pieces now since the 1986 ban on new manufacturer, and importation, as their number in the U.S. is FINITE. A decent full auto rifle starts at around $20,000, and goes up from there. Short barreled rifles, and sound suppressors require the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies