Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 10:08 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Talk about down to earth, real people.
Celebrity Worship Syndrome celebrity adulation, an obsessive-addictive disorder where an individual becomes overly interested a celebrity. The borderline-pathological dimension relates to individuals who display fantasies relating to a celebrity. Findings reveal that individuals with high scores on celebrity-worship scales tend to display a number of psychosocial characteristics.

That individuals with high levels of celebrity worship are more likely to have poorer mental health as well as clinical symptoms of depression, anxiety, and social dysfunction and have a personality style characterized by sensation-seeking, cognitive rigidity, identity diffusion, and poor interpersonal boundaries. Likewise, celebrity worshippers may exhibit narcissistic features, dissociation, addictive tendencies, stalking behavior, and compulsive buying.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3960781/

Old 03-26-2018, 10:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
I'm generally not taken by celebrity, but I would give anything to meet Barack and Michelle, they are the perfect example of nice, down to earth, honorable people, and it is so obvious that they are deeply in love.

The White House used to be such a warm, inviting place, and all of that is gone.
Warm and inviting, since when? unless you are special no one gets into the real White house for heaven's sake.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:10 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,222,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
They had a different effect on me.
About half way through his first term whenever I saw them together I began to gag.

I thought it was weird at first but it kept happening. I had to find a solution. After much searching I did and was able to control it with the technique I learned in the below link. They still make me sick but I don't gag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQg01A1YneQ
And you talk about people/anyone who doesn't care for Trump as people with TDS, lololol.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:13 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,568,534 times
When someone seems too good to be true... Remember JFK and Camelot? Fantasy.

More and more is being revealed about Obama's corrupt administration including his abuse of power weaponising the IRS and intelligence services. Peter Schweitzer's book Secret Empire reveals how he manipulated policies to enrich his friends and family. The book exposes the corruption of politicians in both parties.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Talk about down to earth, real people.
Thou shall not worship false idols ... unless the idol happens to be President Barack Obama.

Barack Obama? "He's passionate. Inspiring. Liberating," one girl said, then paused. "I would take a bullet for him.''

Michelle came first and said..... We were about to meet the man, she said, who had unified a party and unified a nation, "and done it with grace, poise, honour, dignity and respect – the next President of the United States, my husband Barack Obama''.

A black man brandishing an Obama placard marched back and forth in a state of feverish excitement, shouting: "He's been sent by God. I'm not saying he's Jesus, but he could fill Moses' shoes."

Barack-Obama-Hes-been-sent-by-God.html

Old 03-26-2018, 10:19 AM

10,529 posts, read 6,160,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Celebrity Worship Syndrome celebrity adulation, an obsessive-addictive disorder where an individual becomes overly interested a celebrity. The borderline-pathological dimension relates to individuals who display fantasies relating to a celebrity. Findings reveal that individuals with high scores on celebrity-worship scales tend to display a number of psychosocial characteristics.

That individuals with high levels of celebrity worship are more likely to have poorer mental health as well as clinical symptoms of depression, anxiety, and social dysfunction and have a personality style characterized by sensation-seeking, cognitive rigidity, identity diffusion, and poor interpersonal boundaries. Likewise, celebrity worshippers may exhibit narcissistic features, dissociation, addictive tendencies, stalking behavior, and compulsive buying.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3960781/
Since Trump is the ultimate celebrity president, you can see how the country now suffers with many of those symptoms you describe.

Last edited by Cruithne; 03-26-2018 at 10:44 AM..

Old 03-26-2018, 10:33 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,348,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Boasting about your kids throwing out healthy food seems odd to me.

You could certainly pack healthy lunches, but if your kids won't eat healthy food, why bother?

From what I've seen, most packed lunches are full of packaged, processed foods.

I've never understood why parents would not feed their children healthy food.
No, I don't believe the poster is boasting...just stating a fact.

I've been a school cafeteria cook for years, and I've observed it first hand, and definitely heard about it from other cafeteria staff in other area schools. The whole wheat buns were NOT popular. One enterprising student went to WalMart before class and purchased packages of white hamburger buns. These he sold in the cafeteria...substituted for the wheat sandwich buns, which were thrown away. Enterprising kid, I heard he did this for months and made quite a profit. He's long since graduated.

The mandatory "you must take a piece of fruit with your lunch" resulted in a dumpster full of fresh apples, bananas, and oranges. All to waste (one co-worker wanted to retrieve the apples to feed to the pigs she raises on her farm, but was not allowed).

The fact is, lunch sales have declined in our district (students must be deemed financially eligible to receive free/reduced lunches). The majority of students purchase lunches. Being required to discontinue our popular "ala carte" station cost a further loss in revenue. Students were able to buy, for cash, alternative menu items that rotated every two weeks...hot dog bar, deli sub bar, taco bar, baked potato bar, stuffed peppers, meatloaf, pierogi, shepherds pie, etc. Our bakery department also baked cookies from scratch...including large personalized decorated cookies that students and staff could order.

I'm not saying Michelle Obama is to blame...but I frequently hear derogatory comments about her from students and their parents in regard to school lunches. Most frequently we're asked, "When are the lunches going to change back now that Michelle Obama is out?"

Old 03-26-2018, 10:34 AM

The media turned Obama into a celebrity. Obama's policies were completely secondary in the creation of his grass roots movement. These policies were identical to his uncool opponent, Hillary Clinton yet they rejected her for a unqualified candidate.

Obama supporters didn't seem to care that his policies were nothing new. They had no frame of reference to know this to begin with. They were in love with the personality, not the policies.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:35 AM

Obama’s message of “hope and change” was never explained in detail thus allowing his supporters to fill in the blanks. The perceived policies behind the slogans took whatever form was the most appealing to the individual. Obama’s lack of specifics allowed his message to become a personal one.

A cult of personality surrounded candidate Obama and grew daily. When the downturn in the economy and the personal dislike of Bush coalesced in 2008, the election of the most liberal president America has ever seen became inevitable.

https://books.google.com/books?id=1R...0obama&f=false

Old 03-26-2018, 10:37 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
The Obamas: Classy, graceful, dignified.
^ This.

What we have now.. Sad, just sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies