Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 07:01 PM

193 posts, read 92,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
They're definitely not more conservative. Race is largely irrelevant, since what matters is the entire cohort, not a subset of it.

If anything, they're very similar to their slightly older peers. I know many generation Z youth.

If you really think they're more conservative, you only need to look at this past weekend's events to see how wrong you are.

If you're betting on a conservative revolution, I predict a lot of disappointment in your future.

Also, friendly advice: I wouldn't use 2016 as evidence of things to come.
Race is incredibly relevant and I dont have to look the the future , balkanization along racial lines is already happening. Look at the most multicultural liberal cities in the United states, they are also the most segregated, especially in public schools. NYC,San Francisco,LA,Miami,Boston on and on. Usually none of these cities have more than 15% whites in their public schools

Liberal whites have basically opted out of integration, its also why you see so much gentrification and income and race disparity in alot of these cities

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
2018, We are not voting for Trump this time around. My reps will remain red. I'm so glad Lloyd Doggett is no longer my rep. 2010 and a line change has me and Roger Williams as best buds.
Yes, freedom caucus are the only ones I admire. I wish they would stage a coup against the congressional leadership in the republican party

Old 03-26-2018, 07:04 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architech100 View Post
Race is incredibly relevant and I dont have to look the the future , balkanization along racial lines is already happening. Look at the most multicultural liberal cities in the United states, they are also the most segregated, especially in public schools. NYC,San Francisco,LA,Miami,Boston on and on. Usually none of these cities have more than 15% whites in their public schools

Liberal whites have basically opted out of integration, its also why you see so much gentrification and income and race disparity in alot of these cities

Yes, freedom caucus are the only ones I admire. I wish they would stage a coup against the congressional leadership in the republican party

Elections are won by the entire population. There is not a President for each race.

The entire cohort is what matters. I predict that you're going to be disappointed in the future.

Old 03-26-2018, 07:10 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
US republicans maybe, not necessarily right wingers. Of course alot of the generous european welfare state was possible when it was a pretty racially homogeneous continent and you have oil wealth like norway. There are no US equivalents to a place like Copenhagen with its mass transit, huge safety net , etc outside of maybe small college towns, no American cities
No two places are alike, but Boston has universal health coverage and insurance, some of the better mass transit in the USA and a very decent safety net (places for addicts to recover, etc.)....

Of course, many would call Boston "far left" in this country...
It's not "racially homogeneous" in any way - in fact, it was the lowest of the low (Irish and Italians) that helped it grow. Today it contains a microcosm of the entire world.

And it is booming...and it is providing amazing innovations, patents and discoveries (medicine, physics and everything else) which the entire world is using.

Hard to imagine why such a place would have to "turn Right"...

Old 03-26-2018, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Elections are won by the entire population. There is not a President for each race.

The entire cohort is what matters. I predict that you're going to be disappointed in the future.
Its not a point of being disappointed or optimistic, I dont see much hope at all in a two party system where you basically have no new ideas . I am just saying America is already balkanized along racial lines, in our schools for sure, cities, suburbs and definitely in voting patterns. Its only going to continue.

Old 03-26-2018, 07:12 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Its not a point of being disappointed or optimistic, I dont see much hope at all in a two party system where you basically have no new ideas . I am just saying America is already balkanized along racial lines, in our schools for sure, cities, suburbs and definitely in voting patterns. Its only going to continue.
Ok - we agree here mostly.

Old 03-26-2018, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Yes, freedom caucus are the only ones I admire.
So you admire borrowing of 1.5 Trillion when it's totally not needed? That's amazing - it's as if you are fooled by the name.

What if I call my group "Fiscal Conservatives to the Right"? Can I then indebt future generations to 3 Trillion or so and have your admiration?

Sorry to say, but the Tea Party (which is what the FC is) was astro-turf and designed only to give more money to the wealthy and corporations. There is no other possibilities because they disappeared when a black dude was no longer in charge...and, they support unlimited debt and deficit also.

It's even worse than that since an argument can be made that we needed debt and deficit to recover from the Great Recession and commitments to (Right Wing) fueled wars.

I don't think I can count the Tea Partiers who voted against the borrowing or pork bills....on one hand.

Old 03-26-2018, 07:17 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:

Been seeing a LOT more nonsense about race lately. That seems to be something people want to push. Its revolting.

Old 03-26-2018, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
No two places are alike, but Boston has universal health coverage and insurance, some of the better mass transit in the USA and a very decent safety net (places for addicts to recover, etc.)....

Of course, many would call Boston "far left" in this country...
It's not "racially homogeneous" in any way - in fact, it was the lowest of the low (Irish and Italians) that helped it grow. Today it contains a microcosm of the entire world.

And it is booming...and it is providing amazing innovations, patents and discoveries (medicine, physics and everything else) which the entire world is using.

Hard to imagine why such a place would have to "turn Right"...
Boston is nothing like copenhagen or any city in europe, it has terrible mass transit, nothing like the welfare state you see in Scandinavia and it is incredibly racially segregated. boston public schools are less than 15% white. Someone had a thread on here about the median net worth for the average black bostonian is 8$

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...FFN/story.html

This was just in 1976 in Boston

https://twitter.com/NattyGuerilla/st...71298050465796

Old 03-26-2018, 07:19 PM

Quote:

When a welfare state attracts immigrants and refugees who use it to have large families and you have massive demographic change and crime , its not as desirable and right wing parties appear

Alot of the fiscal problems that attracts fringe parties are through economic problems and immigration , Italy has massive debt and a terrible refugee problem. Europe is not the progressive paradise guys like sanders tries to make it out as
There may be some cases where this is true - but much of it, when you look at the actual statistics, is FEAR based....as it always has been in history. Scapegoating.

Muslims work alongside Germans in the VW, Mercedes and Porsche Plants...and get similar pay and benefits and vacations.

For certain countries (not the US as much, because we are a national of ALL immigrants), I can understand keeping certain immigrant populations below a certain %. But, then again, Russia is reportedly taking over London, Sunny Isles (FL) and many other places....and they certainly aren't bringing an advancement in culture and civilization. They are simply bringing $$ stolen from their peoples...

The world is a complex place. Some of these right wing grounds don't want it to be - but wishing does not make it so.

Old 03-26-2018, 07:21 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
LOL. so some of the platforms of this party...the usual ultra nationalist pro religion, anti-gay, anti immigrant stuff. That conservatives love.

But here is some extra fun ones:

Quote:
The fight against the Mafia, the banning of Freemasonry and all secret societies, together with exit from NATO and removal from the U.S. sphere of influence.
The fight against usury and writing off of public debt, as well as the abolition of capitalism.
The restoration of the 1929 agreement between the State and the Church and the defence of national identity.
The repeal of the Mancino and Scelba laws, which the Forza Nuova believes destroy freedom.
The formation of guilds for the protection of workers.
I really love how folks here are supporting a group that wants the abolition of capitalism. LOL.

Last edited by greywar; 03-26-2018 at 07:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies