Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2018, 06:04 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,115,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Since anyone can buy privately owned property, how is it that only the rich have influenced local, county, state, and the federal governments to sanction, certify, etc., the sale and ownership of privately owned land?

I sincerely doubt that. There are state and national seashore parks located all over the coastal U.S. The government has not attempted to sell them to private parties. You seem to have an irrational fear that they will.

You seem to favor a statist-style government. You do realize that such regimes killed over 100 million of their own people in just the 20th century, alone. How is that anything BUT crap hole countries?

https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/NOTE1.HTM
The “commie scare” was a tactic for the rich to gain control of public land and the means of production. A democratically elected govt protecting public lands from the influence of modern day feudal lords is a far cry from pol pot or Stalin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Like what?
Why would you assume someone living within their means would have no dignity?

They earn what their job performance is worth. Naturally, skills are a major factor in determining that worth. When there is a glut of workers with any particular skills set, including none, the worth of their job performance decreases and so does their pay.

Hmmm... doctors of the public health system are on strike. How is that possible in NHS utopia?
They earn what they are able to negotiate, that is it. If the market is saturated a human being can’t just go into a warehouse and power down until a time that they have more market leverage.

This is why eventually war and violent conflict is enevitable.

Old 05-08-2018, 08:33 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,051 times
Quote:
Aren't apprenticeships paid jobs? They are here in the US.

That's a CHOICE, and a foolish one at that. Why bear offspring one cannot afford to support especially when birth control is available for free?

You're making a LOT of excuses that are just the result of one's own CHOICES. I'm not buying it.

Make the CHOICE, live with the consequences.
I think we're mostly talking with people here who have made bad choices and don't want to take responsibility for those choices.

Old 05-09-2018, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
I think we're mostly talking with people here who have made bad choices and don't want to take responsibility for those choices.
BS chemical engineering, PE, A&P, 13 years of engineering experience in addition to other skills. Married, good relationships with family, "own" a house and no debt. I dont subscribe to the "I got mine and f you, get off my lawn" mentality.

My employment situation is pure corporate treachery and proof that you dont have to be a drugged out druggie to have bad luck. Sure I will eventually find something but it could be quite a while and its not because im on drugs or made "bad" choices.

Now days not getting lucky passes for "poor choices". Thats the only way the rich can sleep.

Old 05-09-2018, 03:03 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
The “commie scare” was a tactic for the rich to gain control of public land and the means of production.
What "commie scare?" Statist regimes really did murder over 100 million people in just the 20th century, alone. Read the link I posted.

Old 05-09-2018, 03:07 AM

Quote:
They earn what they are able to negotiate, that is it. If the market is saturated a human being can’t just go into a warehouse and power down until a time that they have more market leverage.

This is why eventually war and violent conflict is enevitable.
The solution is to improve themselves and their skills sets to make their work more valuable to employers. Taking from others what does not belong to them is what will lead to violent conflict and war, as doing so ever has.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:10 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,051 times
Quote:
BS chemical engineering, PE, A&P, 13 years of engineering experience in addition to other skills. Married, good relationships with family, "own" a house and no debt. I dont subscribe to the "I got mine and f you, get off my lawn" mentality.

My employment situation is pure corporate treachery and proof that you dont have to be a drugged out druggie to have bad luck. Sure I will eventually find something but it could be quite a while and its not because im on drugs or made "bad" choices.

Now days not getting lucky passes for "poor choices". Thats the only way the rich can sleep.
Perhaps you've just had bad luck but if you have chosen to express your extreme political views at work you may have sabotaged your employment prospects. Employers don't really want high maintenance employees, especially employees that fundamentally hate private enterprise and capitalism. Employers giving and receiving employment references know how to convey "this one is a problem" without the words ever being spoken. For your sake, get some honest feedback on how to present yourself in interviews.

On the "I got mine and f you, get off my lawn" comment, in what manner have you ever shared your property with others that don't have what you have? It doesn't matter how modest you might think that property might be. It is vastly more than many people have.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:57 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Aren't apprenticeships paid jobs? They are here in the US.

That's a CHOICE, and a foolish one at that. Why bear offspring one cannot afford to support especially when birth control is available for free?

You're making a LOT of excuses that are just the result of one's own CHOICES. I'm not buying it.

Make the CHOICE, live with the consequences.
Yes, depends on the country, here rather poorly, more like internships.

I don't share that whole idea that people are supposed to be left to their own devices just because they make wrong choices. Wrong choices are part of life as we are humans and not robots. People who make wrong choices need to be helped rather than abandoned by society.

Plus, I don't even agree that having a child is a wrong choice, not even in the case of teenage pregnancy, single parents etc. People are what they are. Especially in countries where there are too few children, society should be grateful for every teenage pregnancy and help the parent(s) wherever it can.

Old 05-09-2018, 01:08 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
What "commie scare?" Statist regimes really did murder over 100 million people in just the 20th century, alone. Read the link I posted.
A "statist" regime, in just a few decades, just lifted 800 MILLION people from poverty.

Do you know the name for when just one part of a larger story is told? Yes, it is called Propaganda.

"Propaganda is information that is not objective and is used primarily to influence an audience and further an agenda, often by presenting facts selectively to encourage a particular synthesis"

For some reason you fail to mention the BILLIONS that "statists" are lifting up in a much shorter time period than your "last century" war numbers. Math is important.

"Over the last 30 years, extreme poverty has been cut in half." - is a provable statistic. These "terrible" statists are actually making the life experience of more humans than ever - much better.

But, hey, keep quoting those cut and paste numbers without noting that some are from 100 years and others are from a time which is long gone.....and that many lessons were learned from by the very same "statists" that were involved.

Carry on. Always hide the numbers that might make your case weaker.

Old 05-09-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Yes, depends on the country, here rather poorly, more like internships.

I don't share that whole idea that people are supposed to be left to their own devices just because they make wrong choices. Wrong choices are part of life as we are humans and not robots. People who make wrong choices need to be helped rather than abandoned by society.
There is help for them. The problem is that many won't make the effort and sacrifices required to correct their mistakes. That's no one's fault but their own.

Quote:
Plus, I don't even agree that having a child is a wrong choice, not even in the case of teenage pregnancy, single parents etc.
How do such parents provide for their children?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies