U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2018, 06:21 PM

66,154 posts, read 33,583,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Well, that didn't take long.

Mason3000 meet BentBow. There are others on this board who post longingly for a civil war, as well. A person who advocates starting a blood bath against their fellow Americans lives in a different reality than the rest of us do - to put it mildly.

I blame Steve Bannon and ultra right sites like InfoWars.

My worst nightmare is having to kill someone, because they thought I was easy prey.

Just like wearing my seat belt and never being in a crash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 06:37 PM

5,375 posts, read 3,266,016 times
No different than the people who hate Trump and think they could overthrow him, along with his administration, and put someone else in charge.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:44 PM

26,302 posts, read 12,777,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
My worst nightmare is having to kill someone, because they thought I was easy prey.

Just like wearing my seat belt and never being in a crash.
Your fortunate. My worst nightmare involves having my ex wife show up at the door asking to work it out and apologizing. (no joke)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
No different than the people who hate Trump and think they could overthrow him, along with his administration, and put someone else in charge.
You mean the people who want to do that through the legal means provided for by our constitution?

Old 03-29-2018, 06:46 PM

6,507 posts, read 1,918,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
The American right controls all three branches of the federal government and a staggering majority of state governments, yet they are the ones always talking Civil War. Civil wars are usually fight for freedom, independence or power. Why would the group that holds all the power want a civil war? Do they literally just want to kill their political opponents?
Perhaps it's because they got so used to blathering about Obama triggering a civil war that they just couldn't let it go? Right-wingers seem much more prone to wild conspiracy theories. (Lefties, by contrast, too often find that their conspiracy theories are actually true.)

And, yet the violence of the RW rhetoric leads me to believe that at some level, they might like to kill their opponent, just as Trump has repeatedly called for roughing up or jailing his opponents - like a Third World dictator.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Again, however, I have heard of no such talk of a civil war.
Really?

If the left succeeds in removing Trump, would there be a Civil War II?

Roger Stone says Impeach Trump, get ready for Civil War

Report: Antifa plans major riots and civil war on Nov 4th to overthrow Trump

Civil war looming?

If there is a second civil war, what will trigger it?

Old 03-29-2018, 06:52 PM

10,366 posts, read 8,361,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
No, not at all...except:

Traditional values
Christianity
guns
Cars
self-reliance
police
military
businesses
capitalism
Traditional marriage
The Boy Scouts
heterosexuality
anything white
morals
American culture
English language
Free thinking
Free speech
Personal property
The bible
Christmas
Manger scenes
The Constitution
The Founding Fathers
The Flag
...the list goes on!
Oh, good grief.

I am white, Christian, car-driving, self-reliant, traditional, moral, free speech supporting, Scout alum, heterosexual, Bible-reading, church-going, Christmas-celebrating, manger scene displaying, personal property owning, flag-flying, Constitution quoting, retired business owning, Founding Fathers - and Mothers- revering, English-degreed American, whose European ancestors (i.e., all of 'em) got here starting in the mid-1600s and were all here by 1790. I've even target-shot a gun.

I am also a Democrat.

My list goes on, too.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:55 PM

14,553 posts, read 9,622,856 times
Right winder talk civil war? Last I checked it was California that wanted to secede and Jerry Brown was declaring that this is war.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:57 PM

14,616 posts, read 3,867,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
It's also the left talking about "resistance" and passing laws that violate federal laws. As usual it seems it's liberals projecting their true beliefs on other people.
Backwards world again. For 150+ years Confederates (conservatives today) have declared the "nullification" power of the states and that they should rebel against, succeed or just not enforce laws which they don't agree with.

NOW, you say "as usual, it's liberals".....

Very strange. Certainly you have read history...or haven't you?

Old 03-29-2018, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Right winder talk civil war? Last I checked it was California that wanted to secede and Jerry Brown was declaring that this is war.
That was something pushed by Russia actually. Wish I was kidding. But we've heard the same from Texas when it was Obama.

'Russian trolls' promoted California independence - BBC News

Old 03-29-2018, 07:19 PM

14,616 posts, read 3,867,544 times
Rick Perry made reference for Texas to leave. Good Riddance if that is what they want. Plenty of oil in OK, Canada, N. Dakota, Mexico, Venezuela and everywhere else in the world.

Of course, the same dude wanted to get rid of the Energy Dept - you know, the one he now accepts money to head. He didn't even know what it did. He wanted to get rid of education dept. also...what kind of civilized country would cheer getting rid of an educational dept?

I know there are a LOT of good texans, but I wish they would send us some of their residents with IQ over 90.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies