U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 01:48 PM

486 posts, read 183,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
its more about demographic changes, the coming of automation, the hollowing out of manufacturing by china and corporate america.

being unemployed especially for working class males makes them feel less masculine. They can't for provide for their families if they go not job. They also have had no help from their elected representatives.

Not everyone can code and not everyone can sit at a desk in the service industry.

Mao said political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. the gun brings a lot of these people security psychologically.
Thank goodness I can code and sit at my service industry desk. I might need more firearms than I already have.

Having firearms is not about masculinity for me (nor is it for my wife.) It's a force modifier. When my wife was defending cases against organized criminals who liked to make threats and had firearms (most likely illegal), I needed a force modifier. It was not about masculinity, it was about having a equal firepower to the people threatening to come visit us at night. You can swing your massive penis at someone but if they have a firearm, they are going to win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2018, 02:07 PM

9,430 posts, read 2,295,884 times
Quote:
and slave revolts
exactly.

People try to put a noble gloss on it, but the reality is not so pretty.

Old 03-30-2018, 02:31 PM

1,077 posts, read 293,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
No, you can’t. Stahp.

https://youtu.be/3o2nxTTs4aY

You can just go now.

Old 03-30-2018, 02:35 PM

4,470 posts, read 3,061,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
Thank goodness I can code and sit at my service industry desk. I might need more firearms than I already have.

Having firearms is not about masculinity for me (nor is it for my wife.) It's a force modifier. When my wife was defending cases against organized criminals who liked to make threats and had firearms (most likely illegal), I needed a force modifier. It was not about masculinity, it was about having a equal firepower to the people threatening to come visit us at night. You can swing your massive penis at someone but if they have a firearm, they are going to win.
Buy as many guns as you want. its you're right as long as you don't have a felony. I'm sure if the organized criminal organization wanted you wife dead, they could do it. They would probably conduct a lot of surveillance on you. Also, its not like they have go right up to and put a gun to your head. M82 barrets are legal. ammo might be a little pricey. or they could send a package to your house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7am8ArNi_Q

Old 03-30-2018, 03:59 PM

486 posts, read 183,995 times
Quote:
Buy as many guns as you want. its you're right as long as you don't have a felony. I'm sure if the organized criminal organization wanted you wife dead, they could do it. They would probably conduct a lot of surveillance on you. Also, its not like they have go right up to and put a gun to your head. M82 barrets are legal. ammo might be a little pricey. or they could send a package to your house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7am8ArNi_Q
I get the Mike Rowe opinion. Jordan Peterson has espoused the same ideal about the cause of the opiate addiction being tied to unemployment. If our lives have no purpose or sense of fulfillment then we look to fill it in other ways.

Old 03-30-2018, 05:13 PM

11,058 posts, read 3,725,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
"From 1848 onward, slavery became a national issue and overshadowed state issues in the political
arena. Political parties and church denominations broke apart over slavery. Newspapers waged a
vicious war of words over abolitionism and the fate of the Union. Angry over Northern interference
with slavery, delegates from across the South met in 1850 at the Southern Convention in Nashville
to express their defiance. With strong economic ties and even stronger social and cultural bonds
to the Lower South, Tennessee supported the pro-slavery movement but not, generally speaking,
secessionism. Tennessee was home to a powerful nationalist tradition, forged through decades of
“volunteer” duty, and most of its citizens were loath to follow Deep South “fire-eaters” in breaking
up the Union. The rest of the country stood poised on the brink of disaster in 1860"

https://sos.tn.gov/sites/default/fil...%20History.pdf

Slavery wasn't a national issue in 1948. Not to go to war and kill and die for. The abolitionists were a loud voice but a minority in the North. That's how Lincoln and the North passed the Corwin Amendment with a majority. All Northern votes and it would have been in the Constitution if the Southern states return and voted on it but they didn't want to return.

The Corwin Amendment was among several measures Congress (North) considered in an unsuccessful attempt to attract the seceding states back into the Union. It was also part of an effort to entice border slaves states to stay out of the Confederacy and to not secede. Lincoln and the North could care less about black slaves in the South. The Federal government was deeply in debt and needed the revenues in taxes and tariffs from the South's economy.

Quote:
No amendment shall be made to the Constitution which will authorize or give to Congress the power to abolish or interfere, within any State, with the domestic institutions thereof, including that of persons held to labor or service by the laws of said State.

Some people in the North were against slavery but they weren't going to send their sons and fathers and leave their wives and children behind to fight and die in a long war what they consider "foreign" land (North and South were different cultures) because plantations in South had black slaves.

Things haven't change today, if the President says we have to invade some country in Africa or the Middle East to end slavery, the majority of Americans are not going to send their sons and fathers and leave their wives and children to fight and die in a foreign land for some slaves that nobody gives a cr@p.

Lincoln always said he wasn't waging war because of slavery, he couldn't sell that to the whites in the North., it was about collecting revenues and tariffs so he used keeping the Union together or else we are screwed financially with the national debt.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:04 PM

18,677 posts, read 6,736,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Slavery wasn't a national issue in 1948. Not to go to war and kill and die for. The abolitionists were a loud voice but a minority in the North. That's how Lincoln and the North passed the Corwin Amendment with a majority. All Northern votes and it would have been in the Constitution if the Southern states return and voted on it but they didn't want to return.

The Corwin Amendment was among several measures Congress (North) considered in an unsuccessful attempt to attract the seceding states back into the Union. It was also part of an effort to entice border slaves states to stay out of the Confederacy and to not secede. Lincoln and the North could care less about black slaves in the South. The Federal government was deeply in debt and needed the revenues in taxes and tariffs from the South's economy.

Some people in the North were against slavery but they weren't going to send their sons and fathers and leave their wives and children behind to fight and die in a long war what they consider "foreign" land (North and South were different cultures) because plantations in South had black slaves.

Things haven't change today, if the President says we have to invade some country in Africa or the Middle East to end slavery, the majority of Americans are not going to send their sons and fathers and leave their wives and children to fight and die in a foreign land for some slaves that nobody gives a cr@p.

Lincoln always said he wasn't waging war because of slavery, he couldn't sell that to the whites in the North., it was about collecting revenues and tariffs so he used keeping the Union together or else we are screwed financially with the national debt.
Keep believing that

Old 03-30-2018, 07:34 PM

4,470 posts, read 3,061,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Iraq?

Old 03-31-2018, 12:50 PM

1,773 posts, read 2,970,238 times
Iraq, and the Middle East, is about oil (resources), worth fighting over at the State level. Nobody fights to free the opressed.

Old 03-31-2018, 01:36 PM

5,908 posts, read 1,997,798 times
Quote:
well, i think lincoln did a good job. He prevented the union from splitting up. Would you want our country to end up like yugoslavia? I don't.
A good job!? WTF

Lincoln was a:

-hardcore racist
-white supremacist (a real actual one - I've NEVER even heard of one since)
-war criminal responsible for the deaths of more Americans than in all other conflicts combined.
-mentally and physically ill

In other words...he was a huge piece of crap...and his ugly mug is still polluting the penny (a coin as useless as he was), and the five dollar bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies