U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2018, 01:45 PM

1,708 posts, read 499,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, you broke the law by having a broken tail light, did not fix it and you wonder why you got pulled over another 2 times for the same violation? Oh wait, you mean the cop was doing his job....and you don't like it....

Verbal abuse....I'm sure you were a sweetheart when you were pulled over....we can all tell just because of your posts.....
My father was a LE officer. I was raised to always respect authority figures.

The citations I was given, allowed me two weeks to correct the broken taillight. I was issued two additional citations prematurely, while simultaneously being called several disrespectful and rather unsavory names...

My father worked with racist cops!

BTW

Most cops were decent and treated my father with respect. A few were complete racist idiots!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2018, 01:50 PM

3,576 posts, read 1,227,940 times
Again, are these people this stupid, or are they knowingly lying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I know-HALF as many as white men (and women). Are you complaining that only half as many blacks are killed in confrontations with police? Looking for equal representation or something?
There are SIX TIMES as many white people in the United States.

Quote:
Simple solution to the issue-don't commit crimes and don't be an azzhat. Not really all that hard. Well, for MOST people anyway.
Except, it's not that simple, since "azzhat"s in the police departments
Quote:
(2) using enforcement strategies that produce severe and unjustified disparities in the rates of
stops, searches and arrests of African Americans;
https://www.justice.gov/crt/file/883296/download

Old 04-18-2018, 01:57 PM

33,988 posts, read 18,475,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
My father was a LE officer. I was raised to always respect authority figures.

The citations I was given, allowed me two weeks to correct the broken taillight. I was issued two additional citations prematurely, while simultaneously being called several disrespectful and rather unsavory names...

My father worked with racist cops!
Great...

And that is why the other 2 tickets were thrown out.....

Quote:
BTW
Most cops were decent and treated my father with respect. A few were complete racist idiots!
Of course there are racist PEOPLE still living....that will never change....but it's throughout...not singled to a certain color of your skin.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:58 PM

1,806 posts, read 901,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I think the ultimate argument of SJWs is that black men should not be punished for the violence and crimes that they commit.

Is that what we're getting at here? It sure seems like it.
Pretty much way it's been for a long time. People have a cow when they hear me refer to my rapist with bad words because he's black and white people shouldn't say such things about a black man no matter what he's done to me. No one gets upset over what he did to me but me. Even therapists interrupt me when I repeat some of the racist things he said towards me while he was raping me and go on a rant about my stereotyping blacks and that not all blacks will rape you (when I never even said anything of the sort, which showed me they weren't even listening to me). He'd mock my race while he raped me at times and tell me he was my master now, and stuff like that. So, it was okay for him to rape me and say those things to me, but if I repeat them then I am the racist. And then people wonder why all the years of therapy has never helped me? I have to carry it around with me with no way to deal with it by society's rules. I'm supposed to have some sort of superpower that makes it disappear from my head like it never happened. I'm silenced. He never was held accountable for anything he ever did to me or any of the other girls he raped. He's got a federal job now with even more connections than he used to have. He's really moved up in the world. My skin color wasn't dark enough for justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
Seriously MODS. Once the facts are out threads like these with misleading titles should be locked!
Or at least edit the title to reflect what the thread is really about?

Old 04-18-2018, 02:06 PM

1,708 posts, read 499,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Profiled you mean, because their racial group commits vastly disproportionate offenses. If they stopped doing that, so would the profiling.
No!

Only people who get stopped, get charged! If you get charged with some offense (usually trumped up when you're profiled). Any person who gets charged has a record. Records are entered into LE databases. That's where you can get your disproportionate number of racial charges or offenses. Any city where profiling is rampant will quite naturally have disproportionate racial offense numbers.

Old 04-18-2018, 02:14 PM

19,661 posts, read 14,639,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I'd like to have more details before forming an opinion....

Regardless, very sad situation. A 26 year-old father is dead.
Yes^ Was it a Michael Brown case or a Castille type of incident?? Im sure a good percentage of these are bad shooting incidents by the police but when you have people backing and lying for Violent Thugs like Brown, you have to wonder?

Old 04-18-2018, 02:20 PM

20,376 posts, read 9,934,610 times
Quote:
I've been pulled over and verbally abused on many occasions for practically no reason at all!

Years ago, I was pulled over 3 times for the same broken taillight, by the same verbally abusive white cop......All within 8 days!

I went to court for the 3 citations and got 2 of them tossed out.

Years ago when I lived in an apartment complex, I was pulled over five days in a row and berated by the same cop because my sticker had expired, and while I had purchased it, I didn't take the time to remove the old one and put the new one on the windshield.

So? I was stupid and that was my fault. At some point you need to grow up and take responsibility for your actions. And inaction.

Old 04-18-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Years ago when I lived in an apartment complex, I was pulled over five days in a row and berated by the same cop because my sticker had expired, and while I had purchased it, I didn't take the time to remove the old one and put the new one on the windshield.

So? I was stupid and that was my fault. At some point you need to grow up and take responsibility for your actions. And inaction.
Like law enforcement?
Are they taking responsibility for their actions and inactions?
Quote:
After engaging in a thorough investigation, initiated at
the request of the City of Baltimore and BPD, the Department of Justice concludes that there is
reasonable cause to believe that BPD engages in a pattern or practice of conduct that violates the
Constitution or federal law. BPD engages in a pattern or practice of:
(1) making unconstitutional stops, searches, and arrests;
(2) using enforcement strategies that produce severe and unjustified disparities in the rates of
(3) using excessive force; and
(4) retaliating against people engaging in constitutionally-protected expression

Old 04-18-2018, 02:34 PM

33,988 posts, read 18,475,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Like law enforcement?
Are they taking responsibility for their actions and inactions?
Quote:
the request of the City of Baltimore and BPD, the Department of Justice concludes that there is
reasonable cause to believe that BPD engages in a pattern or practice of conduct that violates the
(4) retaliating against people engaging in constitutionally-protected expression
This thread is about race....you continue to post this, yet noting you have provided deals with race..??

Old 04-18-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
This thread is about race....you continue to post this, yet noting you have provided deals with race..??

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies