U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 12:43 AM

24,612 posts, read 6,121,159 times

Advertisements

If you build homes that poor folks can't afford the rents, then what they going to do? I guess live in a tent. Building homes isn't that expensive. It's the price of the land.

Some folks are getting rich off property. Others at the bottom of the pile are living in tents or cardboard boxes. Something wrong here huh?

So, if the rich are getting richer off property, I guess the least they can do is provide portable toilets for the folks in the tents. Saves seeing mess all around their fancy apartments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 01:01 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,478,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Yes...... some basic sanitation. I am only guessing, but my feeling is that many Americans don't feel these homeless people deserve help. Sort of like it's their own fault, so lie in your filth?

The American mentality is hard for me to understand. I know there will be lots of concerned folks, trying to help with charitable work. This is getting too big for that, and needs large scale intervention, to prevent a disease epidemic breaking out. You have got heat, rats, and folks without any proper sanitation. All the ingredients for an outbreak.

Yes, I agree. It's sad that most of us turn our backs on the homeless.

Old 03-29-2018, 03:42 PM

21,483 posts, read 13,635,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
What would the California Republicans do differently ?
We won't know until the people out there start to elect them.

Old 03-29-2018, 03:44 PM

21,483 posts, read 13,635,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
If you build homes that poor folks can't afford the rents, then what they going to do? I guess live in a tent. Building homes isn't that expensive. It's the price of the land.

Some folks are getting rich off property. Others at the bottom of the pile are living in tents or cardboard boxes. Something wrong here huh?

So, if the rich are getting richer off property, I guess the least they can do is provide portable toilets for the folks in the tents. Saves seeing mess all around their fancy apartments.
My nephew made $100,000 a year but still could not afford a house in CA. He had to move. They are taxed to death. How do the homeless survive or ever afford any home with that?

Old 03-30-2018, 06:51 PM

602 posts, read 322,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Welcome to Obamaville, similar to Hooverville.
What does the previous president has to do with local and state politics that caused this dire situation to explode?

Old 03-30-2018, 07:14 PM

10,788 posts, read 2,671,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
It's sad that most of us turn our backs on the homeless.
Never turn your back on them. Always look over your shoulder as you quickly walk away. Never give them cash as they will buy drugs or alcohol. Offer to buy them food and you will be surprised at the reaction -- it isn't gratitude! Give money to groups like the Salvation Army who spend it on the vagrants and not on luxury travel for officials.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:56 AM

22,717 posts, read 16,180,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
We won't know until the people out there start to elect them.
What have they said they would do if elected?

Old 03-31-2018, 09:17 AM

14,106 posts, read 6,062,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Never turn your back on them. Always look over your shoulder as you quickly walk away. Never give them cash as they will buy drugs or alcohol. Offer to buy them food and you will be surprised at the reaction -- it isn't gratitude! Give money to groups like the Salvation Army who spend it on the vagrants and not on luxury travel for officials.
I give them money whenever I have it. I don’t care what they’re going to spend it on. Many of them are mentally ill and just cannot get services on their own. And I give to the Salvation Army too.

Old 03-31-2018, 10:42 AM

21,287 posts, read 11,520,139 times
California is a beautiful state, an absolute jewel of the United States and itís been left in the charge of absolute idiots who care more about political ideology than the basics of running a society.

Old 03-31-2018, 11:37 AM

6,246 posts, read 2,666,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Round them up and ship them off - I'm sick of these selfish jerks degrading cities.
The increasing homeless and poor are from the consequences of global capitalism where nation means nothing to these people.
This is not directed at you but on other forums, some have suggested killing off the homeless and poor.
Capitalism will have its on Stalin moment when that happens and be forever tarnished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies