Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 07:39 AM

2,649 posts, read 1,839,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Like how Planned Parenthood receives funding from tax dollars and claims none of it goes toward abortions.
This is what gets me. The sanctimonious, hypocritical, views of some gun lovers that are against women's right to abortions. What's up with that? Abortions, may be needed, in some circumstances. Killing vulnerable people at school, church, concerts, driving, etc.; you accept as o.k. ????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2018, 12:29 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,632,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
100%. The money they don't have to spend for other operations and services is then free to be used for Abortions.
1. This has nothing to do with Russians....
2. Anyone who can do basic math can see that voluntary donations to PP (including mind) are MANY TIMES that of what they spend on "choice" services.

I'm just glad they existed because when I was a teen I went there with my GFs. They explained the facts of life to us and provided birth control. They also checked out the ladies (basics women-type physicals) - when, at the time, it was rare for parents to take their teens to docs for any preventative care.

But let's talk about Russians undermining our country. That certainly has nothing to do with your meddling in other people's business. There are thousands of things that go on that I don't like...but I don't obsess on them and give them as answers to EVERY question.

Start PP thread #2,459 if you need some numbers.

We are discussing treason here, not women's bodies.

Old 03-31-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
This is what gets me. The sanctimonious, hypocritical, views of some gun lovers that are against women's right to abortions. What's up with that? Abortions, may be needed, in some circumstances. Killing vulnerable people at school, church, concerts, driving, etc.; you accept as o.k. ????
Yes, those were "2nd Amendment Remedies".

You must understand that what these people are really saying here is "we support Putin undermining the USA and the breaking of laws and/or ethics and other rules because we love Mother Russia and hate the USA"...

Many of these people - American Citizens - actively wish for the disintegration of this country - and, they seem to be getting their wish. Treason often works well.

Old 03-31-2018, 03:04 PM

1,704 posts, read 746,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The Russkies know full well that the NRA and the policies surrounding them causes discourse among Americans. C'mon this is common sense. Any issue or agency that promotes angst within the USA between its citizen is fair game to murderous dictator Putin.
Precisely!

Also:

We can't rule out the possibility that the NRA could possibly have far Right-winged-Alt-Right administrators in locked step with the Putin-Trump gang!

Trump scared me when he stated the following:

"Listen folks, the NRA is on OUR side!"....

Just what in the hell was that supposed to mean?

BTW

It has already been reported that the Russians may have donated millions of dollars to the NRA, on behalf of the Trump campaign....

Last edited by zeliner; 03-31-2018 at 03:12 PM..

Old 03-31-2018, 03:16 PM

9,944 posts, read 5,618,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
What else, beside influencing law makers, does the NRA do with it s donations?
Well you sure picked the right screen name.

Old 03-31-2018, 03:34 PM

7,302 posts, read 3,385,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
A strange story - I don't know what to make of it:
NRA Says It Receives Foreign Funds, But None Goes To Election Work

It's likely nothing, on its own - but one wonders about the indirect connections.
So, what foreign monies do Left Wing organizations receive, including the NYT, CNN, and the Clinton Foundation?

Old 03-31-2018, 04:04 PM

57,073 posts, read 26,036,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
It is our oldest civil rights organization dedicated to protecting our Constitutional freedoms.

Leftists feeble efforts to demonize them over the years always fall short, because the NRA does so many positive things.
For example it was about 20 years ago the NRA was accused of being anti-police when the liberals were pushing to ban semi-auto guns under the guise of inaccurately called "assault weapons". The libs were also trying to ban so called "cop killer bullets", and implied most police were against the NRA.
In reality only a few politically motivated big city police chiefs were speaking against them(typically ordered to by their liberal mayors).
However the rank and file cops (many of whom are members/supporters themselves) know the NRA has many programs designed for "actual" gun safety training(Eddie Eagle program), and programs designed for the rank and file police (training courses, competitions, fund raisers, grants, etc., etc.)

Needless to say it would be absurd to make gun manufactures libel for criminal misuse of firearms, and the NRA naturally is on the forefront to prevent that backdoor means gun control.

`
Yes all that good that the NRA does is overlooked, proponents of armor piercing bullets, silencers and reciprocal concealed carry, what a great organization.

Yes it must be all those big city liberal mayors telling the police chiefs to speak out against the NRA

Old 03-31-2018, 07:21 PM

5,143 posts, read 4,910,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
So who is it that is, as you say, o.k. with "killing vulnerable people at school, church, concerts, driving, etc."? Are you saying that the NRA or its members are?? You'll have to show me where they're ok with that. I've never seen them promoting that. Sounds like fictional hype drummed up by someone that is ignorant to what the NRA and its member support; lawful and respectful ownership and safety.

Old 03-31-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
So, what foreign monies do Left Wing organizations receive, including the NYT, CNN, and the Clinton Foundation?
Uh, two of those are profit-making corporations.....with vast foreign operations.

I would explain this to you, but if you asked this question chances are you won't understand the possible illegalities involved with the Russias asking the NRA to use donated money to help Trump.

Old 03-31-2018, 07:42 PM

39,810 posts, read 26,408,051 times
So is there a point to this thread? I mean, considering that Clinton has received 150 million from Russia in her foundation, let alone the half million that Bubba Clinton got for a half hour speech, I don't understand the issue if the NRA did receive foreign funding. Granted, the NRA SHOULD be held to a higher standard than Clinton or the DNC, but still...what's the point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies