U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-27-2018, 09:15 PM
 
Location: Middle of the ocean
31,329 posts, read 19,764,096 times
Reputation: 45172

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
The defeat of ISIS in both Iraq & Syria, Eastern Europe switching from Russian gas/oil to US gas/oil, Israel & the Arabs sitting down to talk peace at the WH, North Korea volunteering to stop missile testing & denuclearize, and the left won't give one iota of credit to Trump. Not only do they refuse to give any credit at all, they refuse to admit, no worse, they refuse to even consider, that Trump had all of this planned from the get-go. It's all just dumb luck & Obama's hard work.
Well, it is China who met with South Korea, not us. Do I acknowledge that S. Korea might think we are tad bit crazier than before? Yes. Still, they met with another country, not us.
__________________
____________________________________________
My posts as a Mod will always be in red.
Be sure to review Terms of Service: TOS
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-27-2018, 09:26 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
3,375 posts, read 2,996,094 times
Reputation: 3079
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I just hope Dotard doesn't believe him. Hopefully he didn't flatter him.
Just curious. Who is the Dotard you are speaking of as far as this story is concerned? I only ask because our president wasn't present at this meeting. This was a meeting between North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and the Chinese president Xi Jinping. Our president was not present at this meeting. So I'm assuming the Dotard you are speaking of would be Xi Jinping, the Chinese president. Or did I miss something in the article? Pretty sure President Trump wasn't there or even really mentioned in the story, aside from some comments from the White House. Perhaps we can wait to start talking down about the president until he is actually involved with the topic being discussed. Like maybe....when he has his meeting with Kim Jong-un.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2018, 09:31 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
3,375 posts, read 2,996,094 times
Reputation: 3079
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRussiansDidIt View Post
Wow. That's great news if it actually happens. Way to go President Trump! Really takes the wind out of the neocon globalists sails for a war with NK if true as well!
Ummm....why is this a "way to go Trump" moment? This meeting did not even involve our president. Wait to give him kudos after he actually meets with Kim Jong-un himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2018, 09:34 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
3,375 posts, read 2,996,094 times
Reputation: 3079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
The lengths the left will go to, in order to avoid giving ANY credit to the president. Obviously there's a long way to go still, but this can not be spun into anything negative. This is a hugely positive development and no reasonable person can deny that.
Give credit where credit is due. China has been working with us to try and reign this man in, and this is just another step that China has taken in that process. Our president does not deserve to get credit for everything that happens where North Korea is concerned. There are a lot of world leaders working on this situation. And our president will get his chance to make his contribution to this process very soon. Until then, lets give credit where credit is due. President Trump may have had a lot to do with bringing the North Koreans to the table, but this win goes to Xi Jinping. If it's real that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2018, 09:37 PM
 
Location: St Paul
7,491 posts, read 3,505,707 times
Reputation: 4711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well, it is China who met with South Korea, not us. Do I acknowledge that S. Korea might think we are tad bit crazier than before? Yes. Still, they met with another country, not us.
Perhaps you forgot Trump finally stood up to the bully in NK, got real sanctions passed at the UK (which neither China, nor Russia vetoed) which have crippled them, got China to finally cooperate and shut off the coal trade with NK & these new announcements all come less than a week after Trump announced tariffs against China. I know, I know, somehow Obama gets the credit, or it's just dumb luck that it happened on Trump's watch. It's important to the left that they never, ever, under any circumstance, admit Trump is doing anything positive. Now carry on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2018, 09:41 PM
 
Location: Middle of the ocean
31,329 posts, read 19,764,096 times
Reputation: 45172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Perhaps you forgot Trump finally stood up to the bully in NK, got real sanctions passed at the UK (which neither China, nor Russia vetoed) which have crippled them, got China to finally cooperate and shut off the coal trade with NK & these new announcements all come less than a week after Trump announced tariffs against China. I know, I know, somehow Obama gets the credit, or it's just dumb luck that it happened on Trump's watch. It's important to the left that they never, ever, under any circumstance, admit Trump is doing anything positive. Now carry on.
What? This has nothing to do with Obama. This also has nothing to do with Trump.

China stepped in and accomplished this.
__________________
____________________________________________
My posts as a Mod will always be in red.
Be sure to review Terms of Service: TOS
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2018, 09:45 PM
 
Location: Self explanatory
11,484 posts, read 4,860,746 times
Reputation: 15520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
What? This has nothing to do with Obama. This also has nothing to do with Trump.

China stepped in and accomplished this.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2018, 09:46 PM
 
10,801 posts, read 2,677,782 times
Reputation: 5020
I think Trump's tariffs were the kick up the arse China needed to pull the strings on their puppet Rocket Man. Also the sanctions are driving NK to bankruptcy supposedly. Daddy Emperor might have promised an increased allowance if Rocket Man played nice with Mr. Trump.

North Korea could be a tourist paradise with its beautiful scenery untouched by civilization. They could also sponsor basketball tournaments with Dennis Rodman as Global Ambassador.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2018, 09:48 PM
 
Location: Middle of the ocean
31,329 posts, read 19,764,096 times
Reputation: 45172
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I think Trump's tariffs were the kick up the arse China needed to pull the strings on their puppet Rocket Man. Also the sanctions are driving NK to bankruptcy supposedly. Daddy Emperor might have promised an increased allowance if Rocket Man played nice with Mr. Trump.

North Korea could be a tourist paradise with its beautiful scenery untouched by civilization. They could also sponsor basketball tournaments with Dennis Rodman as Global Ambassador.
Or, China is stepping in as world leader, while we step down.
__________________
____________________________________________
My posts as a Mod will always be in red.
Be sure to review Terms of Service: TOS
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2018, 10:03 PM
 
Location: Out in the Badlands
10,425 posts, read 8,753,180 times
Reputation: 7732
That boy needs to go on a diet...give some food to the starving masses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:53 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top