Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2018, 10:36 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
This is a what's wrong with viewing all black people through the same lens. I'm sure Roseanne had no idea who she was insulting...but she learned quickly. And Valerie Jarrett handled it like a class act.

The best revenge.
Why did she go after Valerie Jarrett? For what reason?

Old 05-29-2018, 10:40 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
She's going to be on Joe Rogan's podcast on Friday.

Should be interesting considering that Rogan has a very mean-spirited/anti-gay streak in him not to mention the fact he's a complete moron.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:54 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,672,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Isn't that why Trump likes her? Because she has no class, is immature and calls others ridiculous names? Sort of like paying homage to him. And does she know that disgusting display of her screeching the Star Spangled Banner is still out there making her look like an idiot.

Big deal--she's got a rebooted tv sitcom. She's still a bozo.
It appeared he liked her due to her referencing him and his ways on her sitcom. He would not have ever brought it up in a rally otherwise, only being self-serving as usual, her having fed his ego.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:19 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Being a birther doesn't make you a racist. It simply means that Obama was not vetted, everything was sealed ....
his records were not "sealed". first up, the 1961 HI birth index is open to the public and always has been. next, the records that birthers believe are "sealed" are simply private records protected under FERPA and HIPPA laws, same as everyone else including trump.

Quote:
...and kept from us, so of course people are going to be suspicious.
and yet you're not suspicious of trump even though the same laws apply and he's shown less than obama.

Quote:
Doesn't help that his very own brother is on social media constantly stating that Obama was born in Kenya.
that's false. malik has teased the birthers but he has never claimed that obama was born in kenya.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:33 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
I never watched the show-however, I wonder how many tens of millions ABC just lost in ad revenue by its knee jerk reaction to cancel a highly popular show?

Old 05-29-2018, 11:50 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
Doesn't it kind of look like she wanted to end the show anyway? It had to have been tough getting flak for the episodes she did and she wasn't presenting attitudes and opinions she necessarily believed in, Roseanne had become more contrarian. How dedicated was she to the show and how much did ABC really support it given that it ran 100 % counter to their otherwise left wing oriented political leanings.
That wasn't a nice thing she said. Although once I made an analogy to a future I called " Planet Of The GOPS", where conservatives become militant gorillas, liberals become mindless animals living in the wilds and libertarians become super advanced bomb worshipping bunker dwellers. And I've likened MSNBC studios to being like a primate house at the zoo. So properly worded those comments can be racism free.
Valerie Jarrett may legitimately deserve condemnation for working for the Obama Administration but Roseanne's comment did come across poorly.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:52 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I never watched the show-however, I wonder how many tens of millions ABC just lost in ad revenue by its knee jerk reaction to cancel a highly popular show?
They no doubt weighed all the consequences of cancelling the show vs. not cancelling the show. No doubt there would have been hell to pay had they ignored her tweets.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:52 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,672,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
What Roseanne said was over the top but I don't think that should get the show cancelled. The show was breaking barriers on various issues, and it was a comical reflection of blue collar life which I can relate to. And AS a liberal/progressive, I want to see more of these types of shows in the future.
Yes, she should not have said it and she blew it for herself and others. I liked the old shows, have not been thrilled with the new show anyway, but find it dissapointing that this sort of thing can occur, that there are those who do not use good sense. Now, all connected with the show loses out, after such hope.

So, we have an actress/comedian causing a show cancellation over it, yet the most offensive guy on the planet gets to play president while spouting negativity and inciting racism and hatefulness, ever since he arrived. When does his show get cancelled??

Old 05-29-2018, 11:58 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,464,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Why did she go after Valerie Jarrett? For what reason?
I have no idea. Roseanne was off my radar until today. I'm guessing VJ is simply "guilty" through her association with Obama.

Old 05-30-2018, 12:00 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Yes, she should not have said it and she blew it for herself and others. I liked the old shows, have not been thrilled with the new show anyway, but find it dissapointing that this sort of thing can occur, that there are those who do not use good sense. Now, all connected with the show loses out, after such hope.

So, we have an actress/comedian causing a show cancellation over it, yet the most offensive guy on the planet gets to play president while spouting negativity and inciting racism and hatefulness, ever since he arrived. When does his show get cancelled??
Ummm..what "racism" is Trump supposedly spouting? Most offensive guy on the planet? What racism is Trump inciting?
I mean for F's sake..its over the top crap like this that makes it impossible to even listen to liberals migraine inducing whining
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies