Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2018, 12:49 PM

8,316 posts, read 4,288,656 times

Advertisements

I watched the show via on demand. I chuckled a few times. Was it worth all they recent hype? Not really. Reruns of Big Bang are funnier.

Old 04-04-2018, 12:51 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,544,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I watched the show via on demand. I chuckled a few times. Was it worth all they recent hype? Not really. Reruns of Big Bang are funnier.
Exactly.

Old 04-04-2018, 12:53 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,544,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Fantastic show again this week! Glad to see some who lack any sense of humor (of course unless it's anti-Trump, then it's funny to uber liberal people ) are getting their panties in a wad...

Can't wait until the next episode!
You do realize sense of humor can be subjective? Probably not.

Old 04-04-2018, 12:57 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,034,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post

Consistently.

Old 04-04-2018, 01:31 PM

38,947 posts, read 50,859,936 times
The most cringe worthy thing about the show is that awful laugh track.

Old 04-04-2018, 01:34 PM

45,680 posts, read 23,807,000 times
Quote:
Fantastic show again this week! Glad to see some who lack any sense of humor (of course unless it's anti-Trump, then it's funny to uber liberal people ) are getting their panties in a wad...

Can't wait until the next episode!
your a little dramatic-- lol.

Panties in a wad. The show has nothing to do with Trump -- except Roseanne and nothing she said or do was remotely Trump like last night. It was Roseanne...and that's that....lol

You are getting way too excited about it all -- lol.

Old 04-04-2018, 01:57 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,371,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
For those who missed last night's episode:

Darlene's daughter is hogging the washer/dryer as she cleans up clothes she's selling on Etsy to earn money to go back to Chicago. Turns out she's laundering stolen clothes she gets from someone at school.

Dan gets a stair lift from a nearby home after the owner dies. Jokes about stealing it.

Roseanne shoves Darlene's daughter's head down into the kitchen sink, throws a leg over her back, and sprays her head with water.

Roseanne gets into the shower with this teenage daughter because she's been in there too long.

One-liners were lame. Roseanne refers to Etsy as Betsy. Not much in the way of humor.

The whole show was sort of disturbing.
Yeah; can't watch it. I tried to watch the first ones that were aired again on Saturday and it just reminded me of the same old Roseanne. It all came back to me how annoyed I was with that whole dysfunctional family after the 1st couple of seasons.

My mind has not changed.

Actually, I rarely watch a 30 minute 'sitcom' anymore. I just lost interest in all of them including The Middle and Modern Family and ones that I used to enjoy.

Old 04-04-2018, 02:04 PM

977 posts, read 560,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
If Trump voters think they will get 1/2 of what they need or want from Trump I hope they will not be surprised.

We watched Rosanne this week due to all the talk. We were big fans when the program first aired. Traditional family values conservative Republicans hated it because they discussed social issues. Life long friends and relatives thought it was the worst program ever put on tv and I was nutz for letting my kids watch it.

It appeared to us they were actually reading their lines. Sad.
I never said Trump would actually deliver on what he said. I am saying that the people who voted for Trump did so because they believed that voting for Trump served their own best interests, and that they are in better position to judge what those interests are than some liberal who is trying to insult them and tell them they are too stupid to understand what is in their own best interest. As I said repeatedly, these people are not hard core supporters of ANY party; I am sure if Trump fails to deliver to their satisfaction, they will vote for someone else. Again, though, it's up to THEM to judge whether they are satisfied with what Trump does, not up to you to tell them they should not be satisfied.

Old 04-04-2018, 02:25 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,861,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Nobody's panties are in a wad. No one is butthurt. No liberal tears to lick. Disappointing, I know.

So what did you find funny about this episode?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I'm so sorry to disappoint you. I'm an uber liberal--actually I call myself a progressive--and my panties were definitely not in a wad after last night's episode. I actually enjoyed it.

So sorry to burst your little Trumpie bubble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The most cringe worthy thing about the show is that awful laugh track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
your a little dramatic-- lol.

Panties in a wad. The show has nothing to do with Trump -- except Roseanne and nothing she said or do was remotely Trump like last night. It was Roseanne...and that's that....lol

You are getting way too excited about it all -- lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yeah; can't watch it. I tried to watch the first ones that were aired again on Saturday and it just reminded me of the same old Roseanne. It all came back to me how annoyed I was with that whole dysfunctional family after the 1st couple of seasons.

My mind has not changed.

Actually, I rarely watch a 30 minute 'sitcom' anymore. I just lost interest in all of them including The Middle and Modern Family and ones that I used to enjoy.
Uh huh...... Tell me again how nobodies pants are in a twist. The usual liberal echo chamber chimes in right on que...

Old 04-04-2018, 02:26 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,034,666 times
Quote:
Uh huh...... Tell me again how nobodies pants are in a twist. The usual liberal echo chamber chimes in right on que...

You're interpretation of twisting panties and mine are diametrically different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies