Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2018, 02:16 PM

10,529 posts, read 6,163,233 times

Advertisements

Not only has Rosanne got herself and all her cast members fired, Rosanne will now be remembered as a racist.
Her original show will be tainted as well.
Which is a shame. I used to like Rosanne. Perhaps they should never have revived the show.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:19 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Healthy well-adjusted people tend to not be affected by words spoken neither to them or about them in a Tweet written by a well-known loudmouth actress. Saving ones' outrage for things that really matter is a virtue.
No idea how Ms Jarrett might have felt but clearly Disney-ABC felt that this sort of potential hit to their image, which may have put relationships with their advertisers at risk, is one of those things that really matters.

The pragmatism of capitalism is in full display today.

Every once in a while, it aligns with morality.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:20 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Not only has Rosanne got herself and all her cast members fired, Rosanne will now be remembered as a racist.
Which is a shame. I used to like Rosanne. Perhaps they should never have revived the show.

Reminds me of that saying. You cannot go home again. Pet Sematary--some things are better left dead.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:22 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Haha, goodbye Roseanne !!!!!! She always had no class, and now her true colors have come out and she is paying the price. Good riddance !!!

Maybe Trump can pardon her, or, at least offer her a job in his administration. She would be a perfect fit.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:23 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Revived the show? They resuscitated and reanimated a dead character....which is a deal breaker for me....even if I liked the show, which I found so-so.

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Can you say that a bad joke and apposed to a joke holding up the head of a president after beheading compare? On what scale would you rate and compare the two if it was Obama's head?

When you hold up the head of ANY president, politician, human, and actually think it's funny, yea, that's not a comedian I think is funny or want to watch so even at the most basic level I would think that others feel the same and it will hurt a career.. Nor would I care to have anything to do with the people who thought it was funny,
What would you have had "done" to Kathy Griffin?
She got fired, as was completely appropriate and as has happened in this instance.

9,569 posts, read 5,621,263 times
Herman Cain is on FOX right now defending Roseanne !

He says ABC cancelled the show because of Trump Derangement Syndrome!....and thinks she isn't a racist.
My God! I bet if you held up a mirror to Herman Cain he probably wouldn't be able to identify himself as a black man either!

Old 05-29-2018, 02:24 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,642,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
this will be ancient history in 72 hrs. it's interesting that her comment was focused at one person due to a political thread - yet there is an uproar as if it were focused on an entire class of people. wonder why that is seeing as it is not something she is known to do normally.
It already is! The show was canceled and that is probably the last time you’ll see her do another television sitcom.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:25 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I'm in the "who freakin' cares one way or the other who said what and what they meant by it" crowd. We're talking about one person on Twitter running their mouth off. It's nothing more complicated or shocking than that. I fail to understand how and why people who are not involved get so worked up over words exchanged by and between others. It's a sign of deep instability to respond to crap like this with such vehemence. It's really mindblowing to witness. Now I'm watching an almost church-like Hallejuah! here because the show got canceled as a result. People need to get lives outside this crap, man.
I agree with you. For many liberals and those who feel victimizied. Words are worse than bullets.

As for me. I can careless about her show. As for those celebrating? Those that are celebrating are wasting thier time and are incredibly stupid. Why? What does Rosanne show being canceled is going to do for you? Are you getting paid for her show being canceled? No. Also this is not the end of Rosanne. People who say racist, sexist and political comments that are negative will get jobs again. My best bet for those who feel offended or triggered by those who say racist, sexist and political derogatory comments. Is to take over state and and local politics, and force federal government to place people in prison for words against humanity and civility,

As for Rosanne? What she said was offensive, but life must go on with out her.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:25 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Herman Cain is on FOX right now defending Roseanne !

He says ABC cancelled the show because of Trump Derangement Syndrome!....and thinks she isn't a racist.
My God! I bet if you held up a mirror to Herman Cain he probably wouldn't be able to identify himself as a black man either!

he is a good ole Clayton Bigsby
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies