Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2018, 03:26 PM

36,858 posts, read 17,220,375 times

Advertisements

When the smoke clears on this one we can all go back to arguing over Stormy Daniels!

Thanks for the break Roseanne!

15,361 posts, read 12,549,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I agree with you. For many liberals and those who feel victimizied. Words are worse than bullets.
so why are you 2 upset? You shouldn't care right?

25,826 posts, read 20,589,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Will make ABC’s bankruptcy that much sweeter.
So you'd like to see what, tens of thousands of people lose their jobs to protest this woman's employer's right to terminate her employment for cause?

Mkay.

Old 05-29-2018, 03:27 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,451,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
he is a good ole Clayton Bigsby

You beat me to it.

Old 05-29-2018, 03:28 PM

9,894 posts, read 21,928,172 times
Rosanne was my favorite show. Rosanne made a mistake & did apologize as well as close her twitter account. Hopefully some other network like fox or the cw pick the show up.

Old 05-29-2018, 03:28 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,095,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Show cancelled over a tweet ...

Meanwhile Michelle Wolf made a ton of politically incorrect statements and she got a Netflix special . Double standard anyone ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
...OTOH, when a liberal says something adhorant, they rarely have to pay such severe consequences like the professor who called Barbara Bush a racist and was not fired.

Tell Michael Richards about these double standards. I'm sure he would be interested in knowing that his career hasn't actually been dead for twelve years because of a racist rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Dan and Wanda Sykes has my vote.

Roseanne goes to Mexico to save money on that knee operation and doesn't pull through. So sad.

Wanda is the FEMA administrator that Dan has to keep meeting with for approvals on the dry wall work he's done after the floods. Do to grief, family objection, they decide just to keep company until he needs bypass surgery and they marry to get on her government insurance.

Wanda lost her husband in a tragic accident. (Crushed by a beer vat?) They empathize on the problems of looking out after grown kids.

I absolutely love John Goodman. He's the heart of the show for me. Hope they find a series that he's willing to do. I don't are what it is, I'd watch anything with him in it.
Actually it would be better if she went to Mexico as you suggest, but because a border guard thought she looked a little too hispanic and she lost her papers, she was denied entry back into the country. Dan is contacted - but disavows her and so she has to build a new life as a Honduran citizen (Mexico could not find any paperwork for her either - so deports her to Central America!)

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 05-29-2018 at 03:55 PM..

Old 05-29-2018, 03:29 PM

10,068 posts, read 5,679,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Only Trump supporters would be willing to be put in a position of defending Roseanne, saying things like "we all make mistakes" as if calling a black person an ape is just an "oopsie".
There is no defending such a disgusting comment, but I'm sick of the double standard and merciless PC left. If you make one mistake, say ONE wrong thing, it's over. No amount of apologizing, making amends will make a difference. If you make one screw up, you deserve to have your life ruined forever. Roseanne is finished. We will probably never see her again on tv.

OTOH, when a liberal says something adhorant, they rarely have to pay such severe consequences like the professor who called Barbara Bush a racist and was not fired.

Old 05-29-2018, 03:32 PM

23,771 posts, read 28,850,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Convenient that you care about the national anthem occasionally.
more like patriotic, glad I don't have to consider the standards of any chicken-hawks

125 posts, read 84,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Herman Cain is on FOX right now defending Roseanne !

He says ABC cancelled the show because of Trump Derangement Syndrome!....and thinks she isn't a racist.
My God! I bet if you held up a mirror to Herman Cain he probably wouldn't be able to identify himself as a black man either!

That is a distortion! I listened to the whole thing and he said it was wrong.

8,840 posts, read 4,772,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
There is no defending such a disgusting comment, but I'm sick of the double standard and merciless PC left. If you make one mistake, say ONE wrong thing, it's over. No amount of apologizing, making amends will make a difference. If you make one screw up, you deserve to have your life ruined forever. Roseanne is finished. We will probably never see her again on tv.

OTOH, when a liberal says something adhorant, they rarely have to pay such severe consequences like the professor who called Barbara Bush a racist and was not fired.
Roseanne has been making racist and Islamaphobic comments on Twitter for years. She also spreads false conspiracy theories. This was not a one-time thing. ABC chose to hire her anyway, and got what they deserve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies