Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2018, 02:53 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,449,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
They only pay a price when it is an extreme offense. Kathy Griffin's bit was so bad that the security service investigated her. It could have been seen as a threat on the president which is a crime. And what about all the disgusting crap that was said about Sarah Huckabee Sanders right to her face at that dinner? I don't recall anyone being fired over that.
There was nothing disgusting said to SHS at the correspondents dinner which is a roast by the way.

Not one comment was made about her appearance. Not one. Not one racist comment about SHS either.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:54 PM

2,625 posts, read 1,347,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
It's up to them just like it was up to ABC what to do with Roseanne and up to MSNBC hat to do with Joy Reid. They're not required to do anything
There isn't this history of racism against people with an orange tint that there is against African-Americans. Context means everything.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:54 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,155,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
They only pay a price when it is an extreme offense. Kathy Griffin's bit was so bad that the security service investigated her. It could have been seen as a threat on the president which is a crime. And what about all the disgusting crap that was said about Sarah Huckabee Sanders right to her face at that dinner? I don't recall anyone being fired over that.
What does any of that have to do with Roseanne?

But, yes... Kathy Griffin got some backlash and the comments made about SHS were nothing to get all worked up over. What is so terrible about roasting people at a roast?

That is what those are for.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:55 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,454,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Some Twitter troll made a comment about how VJ helped Obama cover up for his alleged "lies" or something and she came back with a comment about VJ's appearance that was her usual racist crap.

There was no fight, no argument, no reason for her to say such a nasty thing. It was dropped quite casually.

Which pretty much means she meant it and she's a racist, but that's hardly a secret.
Very weak "justification."

ABC was right to give her the boot.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:56 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,074,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Isn't that why Trump likes her? Because she has no class, is immature and calls others ridiculous names? Sort of like paying homage to him. And does she know that disgusting display of her screeching the Star Spangled Banner is still out there making her look like an idiot.

Big deal--she's got a rebooted tv sitcom. She's still a bozo.
Maybe she is planning on running for office and is just warming up to pander to Trump's base. If that ignorant POS reality show celeb can convince some people that he is worthy of any position of power, a nothing like Roseanne Barr can as well.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:56 PM

1,316 posts, read 743,296 times
There are other cast members who are decidedly on the other side of the political fence than she is. Wanda Sykes had already quit due to her Tweet. I can't imagine all of the other cast members were going to stay on given what she said. We can all pretend that what she said was just stupid. But it was racist, and if you will not see that, your opinion is flawed.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:57 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,981,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
Don't see anyone celebrating.
But those who think Roseanne got what she deserved have spent far less time and energy on the topic than you, and a few others who claim "can careless."
Lol. You're funny.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:57 PM

7,819 posts, read 4,543,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
I see the usual Trump disciples in here defending Rosanne. I just don't understand how they can possibly fail to understand why people think they are racist. It boggles the mind.
“Look at her ratings... they were unbelievable. ... and it was about us.”

- Donald J Trump, Cincinnati Ohio, March 29, 2018

Old 05-29-2018, 02:58 PM

2,625 posts, read 1,347,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Roseanne is not a Conservative - never was a Conservative.
She is more Green Party than anything else, with a strong dose of Libertarian and certainly a Deplorable - but Deplorable really just means a person who didn't vote for the Presumptive Queen.

She did explain why she voted for Trump - Hollywood Reporter
Deplorable doesn't mean anyone who didn't vote for Hillary. There are plenty of respectable reasone for not doing that. It is a certain subset of that group. And the adjective fits. Trump should be calling them deplorables too. Why isn't he? As should all national leaders. But, he panders to them to gain their support.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:58 PM

30,022 posts, read 11,606,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Uh, I knew that the Right has no sense of humor, but that was a joke ! Geeez, you gotta explain all this stuff over and over again.

I am not part of the "right" nor the "left". I know more complected than A or B. I don't like the fringy people occupy either extreme.

But the left lost their sense of humor in Nov. 2016. So I never assume a joke with them. Not anymore.

Fair enough. Good for you, you told a funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies