Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2018, 05:08 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times

Advertisements

Im surprised with all the money in the making of the show and its apparent success they didnt just fire Roseanne and rename the show "The Connors"

Old 05-30-2018, 05:21 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,922,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The false equivalency between Maher's comments and Barr's is truly ludicrous.

Maher, in response to Trump's birther idiocy, made a joke that he would give a One million dollars if some one could prove that Trump wasn't the son of an orangutan. The moron Trump showed his birth certificate and then sued Maher for a million dollars. Trump lost of course. Even Trump wasn't stupid enough to allege it was a "racist" comment.

Barr's comments were clearly racist. Everyone, who is honest with themselves, knew what she meant when she referred to Planet of the Apes.
Did not mean to claim Mr. Maher's comments were equivalent to Ms. Barr's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I just had to stop by and see the reaction. Predictably there are posters defending the tweet. Even after Rosanne very clearly said do not defend the tweet, it was wrong and indefensible. LOL, this place is so predictable.

If you can't see anything wrong with what she said then you are part of the problem.
I get your meaning.

Again to clarify, Mr. Maher's comments were 'topical' i.e. in response to Mr. Trump's gibberish about his birtherism birth certificate bs.

Ms. Barr's comments were nonsensical gibberish, not funny, not topical, just more of the same o lame o inane babbling. I dunno about anyone here, but where I come from it's offensive (& sometimes 'them's fighting words' ) to insinuate such about one's Mama.

Old 05-30-2018, 05:21 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
She is trying to blame her late night tweets on Ambien.

I didn't realize that racism was one of the side effects.
Oy, the people who make Ambien must be just loving that.

Old 05-30-2018, 05:23 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Lol so anyone who dares interview Roseanne is now a racist too? Liberals need to come up with a new shtick. This labeling anyone they don't like as a racist crap is getting old.
A. The word racist didn't even appear in that post.

B. You clearly do not know the poster's history. At all.

Old 05-30-2018, 05:26 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I'm not ok with it, but also I'm not against it either. I'm also a man of color and the use of the word ape is often used against black people. That is true. I have far more important affairs to worry about. Yes want she said was offensive, but that is not my problem. We should worry about. Improving the climate, trying to lower income inequality in this country. Instead those platforms have been abandoned so that people can fight racism and sexism.

I'm not a Rosanne fan, and I don't careless about her show. I do feel sorry for cast that will suffer through this. Oh well. With that said. Thier is a lesson to be learned here. Don't be a big mouth.
I don't understand this.

Surely, I am not the only one who can discuss multiple topics per day or be informed about more than one thing at a time?

Old 05-30-2018, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Maybe it is wishful thinking. I'd love to see someone pull something big like this over. I figure that after Trump getting elected anything is possible.
It's wishful thinking to compare her antics with Andy Kaufman's style.

Old 05-30-2018, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I find it disgusting that any would use the term "ape" or monkey to describe some Black people. For the record, I've been called a monkey by some White persons. I've been called "chango" by a Hispanic person, which means monkey in Spanish. I've been called "Curious George". This stuff isn't limited to just Whites doing it. I don't take crap from anyone.

While there are some big issues out there, this is where I stand. It is my problem because I have dealt with racists throughout my life. It is my problem because I've dealt with racist bullies in the workplace, while the manager did nothing about it. I dealt with racist bullies in high school. I figured we were suppose to be in a post-racial America. I guess we never were.

And you mention income inequality and climate. Why can't I be concerned about those issues as well as the racism in this country? Why not be concerned about all of those issues? How is racism not a problem?
And wouldn't the fact that the term "ape" when used to describe black people to dehumanize them lead to ideas that lead to things like income and education inequality? Inappropriate use of police force against black people?

This is what I mean when I say words matter. Words give voice to our thoughts and our thoughts are turned into actions.

Old 05-30-2018, 05:32 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Oberman and Kathy, the beheaded poser of a Trump head must be really embraced by the left and words from a Republican who supports the President are causing a network to kill jobs over one tweet.

What has this world come to!

Snow flakes believe they rule the world and Obama and his government thought they run the elections, their way.

But we the people are more powerful than all of them!

MGA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
She's going to be on Joe Rogan's podcast on Friday.

Should be interesting considering that Rogan has a very mean-spirited/anti-gay streak in him not to mention the fact he's a complete moron.
I dunno anything about your assertions about Mr. Rogan? One thing I do know about his interview style was clearly evidenced in his interview with Stephan Molyneux. He inoffensively allowed him to expose himself. Very revealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Chango does not mean monkey is Spanish.

Roseanne has ran its course. The show should have been off and never made a comeback.
Really?

Chango | Spanish to English Translation - SpanishDict
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies