U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2018, 05:39 PM

22,829 posts, read 12,187,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I can forgive Roseanne for the National Anthem disgrace, because she flipped off that smug tosser Jimmy Kimmel right on national TV, and didn't give two hoots about it!
She was being funny and so was Kimmel. I know y'all think it was real and meaningful -- it was silly TV. LOL

I think too many folks are hooked on all these celebrities -- step away from the fandom kids.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The 46% of voters that elected Trump president might disagree.

More to the point, the working class Americans that would likely identify with the over-taxed, underpaid characters on the show probably voted for Trump and are interested in Rosanne's on-air and off-air opinions.

It's a nice break from the after-news anti-Trump drone of Jimmy Fallon, Samantha Bee, Jimmy Kimmel and Trevor Noah.
You realize that means that MOST of the people DID NOT vote for Trump.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I think you need to relax.. it's Roseanne

its just a show.
DING DING DING DING DING DING........

Way too much being read into all of it.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:43 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,269,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

What ever I think of Hillary, I still voted for her because I'm in a swing state AND she still won the POPULAR VOTE, which tRUMP lost.
Too bad it wasn't a high school popularity contest; then the POPULAR vote would mean something.

Hillary knew the election rules as well as anyone. Maybe if she had bothered to campaign in some of those swing states...

Old 03-28-2018, 05:47 PM

18,588 posts, read 23,136,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Too bad it wasn't a high school popularity contest; then the POPULAR vote would mean something.

Hillary knew the election rules as well as anyone. Maybe if she had bothered to campaign in some of those swing states...
I happen to agree about the swing states. Clinton's attitude is off putting, to say the least.

She's arrogant. So is 45.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:12 PM

7,238 posts, read 6,430,060 times
Mark Belling was talking it up on his radio show today so I thought I'd give it a watch. I mostly gave up television when they turned it into a radical left social engineering platform (and I'm a libertarian who by no means supports everything Trump does) .. the left is just setting a dangerous precedent with their wanting to censor opposing viewpoints.. that kind of stuff tends to come back and bite the people who supported it... or kill them.... looking back at history. The constitution exists for a reason, and free speech is our most important right.

We're still arguing the popular vote thing? (cue Picard headpalm image)

Old 03-28-2018, 06:38 PM

30,393 posts, read 20,042,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You realize that means that MOST of the people DID NOT vote for Trump.
MOST voters didn't vote for any specific candidate.

What's your point?

Old 03-28-2018, 07:22 PM

15,304 posts, read 5,150,064 times
"ON THE SHOW" (I want that clear) She knows she is a "deplorable trump voter" and takes shots at them through out the whole show. The health care double and now can't afford their Meds ,their daughter moves home becuase she was laid off , it goes on and on and the real funny thing is trump voters are to dumb to know the're being made fun of. SARCASM is the word.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:25 PM

21,379 posts, read 14,283,188 times
Roseanne is white trash on her show. No surprise she supports Trump.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:50 PM

5,802 posts, read 2,700,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
"ON THE SHOW" (I want that clear) She knows she is a "deplorable trump voter" and takes shots at them through out the whole show. The health care double and now can't afford their Meds ,their daughter moves home becuase she was laid off , it goes on and on and the real funny thing is trump voters are to dumb to know the're being made fun of. SARCASM is the word.
Sara Gilbert, who has starred as Darlene since the original series and also executive produces the revival, notes that because the working class remains “grossly under-represented” on television, everyone involved in the new Roseanne was committed to getting the story right. As she puts it, “We wanted to be specific, and we wanted to get it right—and not just tell our Hollywood idea of what we think is happening in the Midwest.” The show’s creative team decided what the Conners would look like in 2018 after an extensive research process, one that included holding focus groups and interviews with actual working-class people in the Conner family’s demographic.

“People who were in Dan and Roseanne’s income bracket, basically, are making less now” than they did in the 1990s, Gilbert points out. “Not even including inflation. They’re just making even less than they were making 20 years ago.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...-class-sitcoms
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or