Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2018, 12:03 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times

Advertisements

I do think that those here fighting for some kind of credibility for Roseanne don't do most conservatives any favors. Very few I know tolerate what she said and very few I know don't support her show being cancelled.

Old 05-30-2018, 12:04 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,701,211 times
Remember when Trump and his supporters all congratulated Roseanne for being a voice for flyover country? Like...the day before yesterday?

Roseanne Barr compared black Obama official Susan Rice to 'big man with swinging ape balls' in 2013* | Daily Mail Online

Roseanne's Ambien claims don't explain that she has been saying things like this for years.

Old 05-30-2018, 12:05 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,208,776 times
I think there are a lot of hypocrites bashing Trump supporters who make disparaging comments themselves in private about one group or another. If everyone would be honest about that fact and acknowledge that there is some normality in it (not that it is politically correct) - you'd probably get a more honest conversation. We all put on one face for the public and one in private. We can strive to be the best possible people we can be but we are hard-wired as humans to be different. It is unnatural to want to be all the same. Respect should be afforded to everyone -- however it comes with strings requiring reciprocal behavior. It's not total and absolute.

All you can do is your part. Valerie Jarrett says she's fine.

20,706 posts, read 19,346,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
When did you do that? Not here, that's for sure.

its been proven. Obama was dog whistling to his racist black panther men to call white women pigs.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-30-2018 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: rude

2,953 posts, read 5,292,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Why should I do that? one lie deserves another. So if Trump was making fun of the disabled, then Obama called white women pigs. Deal?
Though he tried to spin it differently much later, only a fool wouldn't see this for what it is. HE IS CLEARLY MAKING FUN OF A MAN WITH SEVERE DISABILITES. There are always people stupid enough to buy his "spin" not because they want to desperately believe it's true, but because it gives them cover for supporting such a man. These people are a perfect example of Heinlein's Razor, or what is sometimes called the "devil theory fallacy": Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsaB3ynIZH4

Old 05-30-2018, 12:06 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The Planet of the Apes are fictional characters. True or false statement.
True.

Apes are real, true or false?

Old 05-30-2018, 12:07 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
That's a great idea. Trump is living proof that you don't have to have class, brains, social skills, or competence to be POTUS. The sky's the limit for Roseanne.
Lack of class, right, social skills,lack of maybe, but brains? do you think he got to where he is by not having brains? give it up for heavens sake. Too bad we do not have the lack of brains he has or we might be where he is. He got to where he is by attracting the common person, they loved his outside the box ideas and som of those have worked pretty darn well. Did you see his rally last night or listen to it? No, I can't stand the way he pats himself on the back for everything but the audience loves him!!!!!!!

Old 05-30-2018, 12:08 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,150,612 times
Yeah and the Opioid makers deny their drugs causes anyone to become Heroin addicts also.

All of a sudden Libs love and trust the word of big Pharm who will always CYA and pay off Politicians.

Old 05-30-2018, 12:09 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,648,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Lack of class, right, social skills,lack of maybe, but brains? do you think he got to where he is by not having brains? give it up for heavens sake. Too bad we do not have the lack of brains he has or we might be where he is. He got to where he is by attracting the common person, they loved his outside the box ideas and som of those have worked pretty darn well. Did you see his rally last night or listen to it? No, I can't stand the way he pats himself on the back for everything but the audience loves him!!!!!!!
I don't think the man is stupid, but having a million dollar start, which most of us don't get, didn't hurt him in "how he got to where he is." To be honest, I think he should have gotten much farther than where he is. He's never had a good business reputation, and most of his ventures aren't smart, they are built on scamming people out of their money.

But I agree that it takes some smarts to be a con-man, along with a willing, gullible market of people waiting to be conned and he hit on that well.

Old 05-30-2018, 12:10 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,581,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Has Obama apologized for calling white women pigs yet? ...since you love John McCain so much.....now.
Link? I can't recall ever hearing of Obama calling a white woman a pig. Trump, on the other hand...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies