Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2018, 03:11 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
think... why does her show get cancelled for a few tweets, yet Bill Cosby, who raped and drugged multiple women, his show is still in re-runs ?

think... who is the network more concerned about - viewers - or the advertisers that pay their salaries ?

think... who controls most the media and who do they hate? Rosanne or her viewers ?
First, her one tweet was extremely racist. Not acceptable. And you might want to do research next time. After Cosby was found guilty, his show was pulled. And it wasn't ABC that had the reruns on. You might want to contact the company that owns the show and aired it.Who is 'they' -- ABC. With those kinds of ratings - it wasn't just a certain 'kind of viewer' watching.https://pagesix.com/2018/04/26/cosby...uilty-verdict/

Seeing as not one advertiser said anything before the show got pulled, and it was the top rated show on Tuesday nights, I suspect it had more to do with the racist comment that Roseanne made

From my experience, I have many friends who hate Trump more than I but they loved watch the show.

I think you are assuming too much and making up scenarios to suit the narrative that ABC only canceled Roseanne because she's a conservative.

She's a racist -- who happens to be a conservative.

Old 05-30-2018, 03:15 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Oh quick, call the makers of Ambien and tell them of your SO's experiences, surely the experiences of one single person will set the tone for their side effect disclaimer for that drug...Side Effects: 'don't worry, all this drug will do you is make you a little bit loopy'.
Okay so the first tweet was all Ambien -- cut to how many hours later and she's still going crazy. She's lost it.

She is tweeting at fake news about other people to try and take them down, she's making up stuff...she's nuts.

Look -- this isn't about a Trump policy. This is a celebrity gone crazy.

Like Mel Gibson did.

Charlie Sheen,

etc.......

Old 05-30-2018, 03:16 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Default Roseanne attacks co-star...

She says he "threw under the bus' because he condemned her tweets.

https://pagesix.com/2018/05/30/rosea...ergnet_2951451

Doubling down on stupid..now who does that remind me of???

Old 05-30-2018, 03:17 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I don't think it's necessarily racist because I have heard and made references to people resembling or reminding of animals, apes and monkeys included -they are our closest relative!
It was racist.

Old 05-30-2018, 03:20 PM

19,127 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Add to that that both her parents are native born Americans - one from Chicago and the other D.C. So she is not Iranian as that nitwit posted above.

Yes, but when someone is addicted to wing-nut conspiracy theories, he/she will tend to post some fairly bizarre NON-factual information, and that person's post checks-off all of the boxes for wing-nut land.
Inaccurate? Check!
Bizarre? Check!
Borderline racist? Check!

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
Cosby is on Amazon Prime. Didn't know it had been pulled other places. My mistake.

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
think... why does her show get cancelled for a few tweets, yet Bill Cosby, who raped and drugged multiple women, his show is still in re-runs ?

think... who is the network more concerned about - viewers - or the advertisers that pay their salaries ?

think... who controls most the media and who do they hate? Rosanne or her viewers ?
They did remove Cosby's reruns and later added them back on for the sake of the other actors on the show. I think it was Roseanne's recent show that was cancelled. Her reruns should continue but if they don't, they will eventually be back on the air. It was a good show.

Old 05-30-2018, 03:24 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
She says he "threw under the bus' because he condemned her tweets.

https://pagesix.com/2018/05/30/rosea...ergnet_2951451

Doubling down on stupid..now who does that remind me of???
What a POS she is.

Speaking of that did anyone comment on the President finally speaking up? Did he condemn the comments? No he used the platform to cry like a little b-word (again) that mean old ABC has been hard on him.

Guess a racist gonna racist so it's not in his nature to be critical of the comment.

Old 05-30-2018, 03:24 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
It was racist.
You must be psychic to be so certain.

Old 05-30-2018, 03:25 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
They did remove Cosby's reruns and later added them back on for the sake of the other actors on the show. I think it was Roseanne's recent show that was cancelled. Her reruns should continue but if they don't, they will eventually be back on the air. It was a good show.
I recently saw the Cosby show on the "Bounce" network (free digital TV), but there is a release dated back in mid April saying they are going to remove reruns. Maybe they have to run through a season and find something to fill in the time slot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies