U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2018, 01:49 PM

11,723 posts, read 9,374,209 times

Advertisements

the timing was off.. no thanks, maybe they will get into a groove.

Old 04-04-2018, 01:51 PM

3,387 posts, read 4,334,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Actually, I rarely watch a 30 minute 'sitcom' anymore. I just lost interest in all of them including The Middle and Modern Family and ones that I used to enjoy.
It's funny you mentioned The Middle because it is the TV show that most reminded me of Roseanne in terms of portraying what an actual working class (or even middle class) home would look like. And where job stress wasn't something that resolved in 20 minutes.

I think the Roseanne reboot should improve after a couple of episodes when they shake off the rust and have a rhythm.

Old 04-04-2018, 02:21 PM

10,949 posts, read 5,065,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
TV Ratings: ‘Roseanne’ Draws 15.2 Million Viewers in Week 2

ABC’s revival of “Roseanne” slipped double digits from its premiere last week but still dominated broadcast on Tuesday night in the overnight ratings.
“Roseanne” averaged a 3.9 rating in adults 18-49 and 15.2 million viewers. The first two episodes of “Roseanne,” airing back-to-back last week, stunned industry analysts when they averaged a 5.2 and 18.4 million viewers between them. That means this week’s episode was down 25% in the demo and 17% in total viewers. However, only one episode aired this week and it was always likely that it would see some kind of decline.
The “Roseanne” bump translated into a good night for “The Middle,” which was up significantly airing immediately after the revival with a 2.2 and 8.3 million viewers. That is a new season high for the comedy series. “Black-ish” (1.5, 5.4 million) and “Splitting Up Together” (1.4, 4.8 million) both came down from the increases they saw thanks to “Roseanne” last week, but were still the top shows in their half hour time slots in the key demo. “For the People” drew a 0.8 and 2.8 million viewers at 10.

TV Ratings: ‘Roseanne’ Draws 15.2 Million Viewers in Week 2 – Variety
15.2 million viewers is pretty good, and better than I thought it would get in week two.

It looks like the first night's ratings weren't just a fluke.

Old 04-04-2018, 02:22 PM

11,428 posts, read 8,433,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stremba View Post
I never said Trump would actually deliver on what he said. I am saying that the people who voted for Trump did so because they believed that voting for Trump served their own best interests, and that they are in better position to judge what those interests are than some liberal who is trying to insult them and tell them they are too stupid to understand what is in their own best interest. As I said repeatedly, these people are not hard core supporters of ANY party; I am sure if Trump fails to deliver to their satisfaction, they will vote for someone else. Again, though, it's up to THEM to judge whether they are satisfied with what Trump does, not up to you to tell them they should not be satisfied.
Should have read had more carefully. Thanks

I keep forgetting about voting for my own best interest. Who started that?

I thought we were supposed to vote for what is best for the nation. Sometimes that is different than what is best for me.

Old 04-04-2018, 02:28 PM
Status: "Kamala/Pete 2020!! Make it happen, people." (set 12 days ago)

7,356 posts, read 2,928,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Then why are you here?
Because, as I said, I spend a lot of time here on P&OC. I do not watch TV for a visual-depiction of this board.

Is that too complicated for you to follow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Yeah, I love Roseanne (the original)!

I was super excited to watch the reboot, but the political content was a bit heavy handed for me. (This is from someone who spends lots of time on P&OC!)

I didn’t want to watch the tv-version of this board, and honestly, it was kind of like that.

Old 04-04-2018, 02:29 PM

30,004 posts, read 16,597,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Uh huh...... Tell me again how nobodies pants are in a twist. The usual liberal echo chamber chimes in right on que...
So anyone that comments on a thread has their 'pants in a twist"?

Welcome to the twisted panties club Poster.

And it's cue.

Old 04-04-2018, 02:32 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,667,925 times
I'm not a Trump fan whatsoever and I consider myself a moderate liberal, but I still watched the first week of Roseanne. And I'll watch the second, too (Hulu). And probably all the rest. I liked watching it when I was a kid and I can devote 30 minutes per week to it now, so I will. My husband, who is more to the right than I am, hates Roseanne, so he's not watching.

I really think people are putting too much into it and that the ratings are because people liked the old show, not because they like Trump, for the most part.

Old 04-04-2018, 02:39 PM

7,355 posts, read 10,794,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Because, as I said, I spend a lot of time here on P&OC. I do not watch TV for a visual-depiction of this board.

Is that too complicated for you to follow?
Sorry about your problem.

Old 04-04-2018, 03:10 PM

5,608 posts, read 3,662,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I'm not a Trump fan whatsoever and I consider myself a moderate liberal, but I still watched the first week of Roseanne. And I'll watch the second, too (Hulu). And probably all the rest. I liked watching it when I was a kid and I can devote 30 minutes per week to it now, so I will. My husband, who is more to the right than I am, hates Roseanne, so he's not watching.

I really think people are putting too much into it and that the ratings are because people liked the old show, not because they like Trump, for the most part.

^^

It's a comedy show.

It's supposed to have a feeling people can relate to.

These are the times we live in.

A person can want nothing to do with trump and still watch Rosanne's show. She's probably got more fans than he has anyhow. The woman's welcome to her views, she's not too preachy or crazy so whatever.

Old 04-04-2018, 03:12 PM
Status: "Kamala/Pete 2020!! Make it happen, people." (set 12 days ago)

7,356 posts, read 2,928,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post

As far as I’ve seen, Trump’s fan base is alone in thinking this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or