Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2018, 12:44 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
I hope her castmates and crew sue the pants off her.

Disney is VERY conservative. I'm surprised it took this long.
I wish they could do a spin-off without it making money for her.

10,525 posts, read 6,157,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
She suffers the consequences of her big mouth. I have zero issue with ABC - or any corporation - firing an employee for behavior detrimental to the corporation's values. I don't care for Roseanne Barr or her show. I've no vested interest in the outcome here.

The sole reason for my participation in this thread has been to mock and marginalize the hypersensitivity that creates such overblown outrage any time a famous person says something stupid. I'm being very honest about that fact. I'm here only to point and laugh at the wide-sweeping insanity I see here.
It's not insanity.. Over dramatic much?

It's called expressing an opinion... you know, that's how a forum works?

Expressing an opinion about something that is and should offensive to today's society.
Speaking up about such things is what civilised people do.

72,976 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
What she said was pretty ****ed up regardless of what you think about Obama's staff.
Agreed. That is basically the case. There was no need for Roseanne to say what she said. For anyone trying to argue that it is her right to say that, we all know that. That isn't what we are talking about. The question is this: Should she have said what she said? The answer is no. I dare someone to try and defend the validity of Roseanne being so crass and bigoted.

Old 05-29-2018, 12:45 PM

1,874 posts, read 817,527 times
my only problem with her comments is why apologize. you meant what you said own it.

Old 05-29-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I wish they could do a spin-off without it making money for her.
I'm sure they could easily do a spin off show.

Old 05-29-2018, 12:46 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
All the ridiculous feigned outrage Sounds like perfect opportunity for FOX to pick up a show,

Old 05-29-2018, 12:48 PM

5,276 posts, read 6,207,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Show cancelled over a tweet ...

Meanwhile Michelle Wolf made a ton of politically incorrect statements and she got a Netflix special . Double standard anyone ?
I would say no because Netflix is not as big of a venue. A sitcom in a prime slot on one of the big three networks is still a much bigger vehicle than can bring ratings, high salaries and a chance at syndication. Many entertainers might prefer a Netflix deal because it could be less demanding but the slot of primetime real estate Roseanne held is more desirable to most people. I also think 'eye shadow of lies' pales in comparison to some of the BS Roseanne has spewed on Twitter. I wish someone had gotten through to her to communicate in a more effective manner- unless her goal was simply to inflame. In that case she hit the bull's-eye. But the end result is one of the few shows that accurately portrays a working class family has fallen victim to her lack of self control.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-29-2018 at 12:51 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 05-29-2018, 12:48 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,337,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
My guess is she did this on purpose. Easy way to get out of the contract. She has been around long enough to know that tweet was TV show suicide.
I agree, she has been in the industry long enough to know that even an A-list star would not survive that tweet. And Roseanne hasn't been on the A-list in decades.

I suspect that ABC was attempting to control content to appease the Trump cult since the show had become something of a favorite for deplorables. I only saw a couple episodes and couldn't figure out how it was supposed to be friendly to Trump. It seemed to show a family that drank the Trump koolaid only to realize that their life was still as messed up as ever.

Old 05-29-2018, 12:49 PM

23,468 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't think Kathy Griffin's career ever recovered from what she did. I think what she did was abhorrent and she should also have suffered the consequences of her actions.
For that Griffin only has herself to blame. It really isn't all because of her holding that prop, it was what she had done after it. She'd defended her action, finally apologized, continued to defend her action, took her apology back, rinse and repeat ... seemed as if she was working very hard to keep all of it front and center. If she had simply apologized and then shut up it would have blown over and she wouldn't have suffered all that much for it.

Old 05-29-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
All the ridiculous feigned outrage Sounds like perfect opportunity for FOX to pick up a show,
There will be no FOX pick up. None of the other cast members would move with Rosanne after this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies