U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2018, 02:32 PM

126 posts, read 51,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Herman Cain is on FOX right now defending Roseanne !

He says ABC cancelled the show because of Trump Derangement Syndrome!....and thinks she isn't a racist.
My God! I bet if you held up a mirror to Herman Cain he probably wouldn't be able to identify himself as a black man either!

That is a distortion! I listened to the whole thing and he said it was wrong.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:32 PM

7,341 posts, read 4,461,489 times
Admittedly I'm not a comedian and probably not even that funny. But what was supposed to be so funny about Roseanne's tweets? She kept blaming in a "bad joke." I don't see where the joke was.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:33 PM

6,867 posts, read 3,792,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Rosanne was my favorite show. Rosanne made a mistake & did apologize as well as close her twitter account. Hopefully some other network like fox or the cw pick the show up.
Not going to happen unless she wants to do the show solo.

It's not the only nasty remark she made that day.
She's turned into a vile individual.
Apologies don't always cut it.

If she wants to work she'll probably have to do stand up comedy to audiences that appreciate her... umm...'humor'.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:34 PM

16,249 posts, read 18,715,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
so why are you 2 upset? You shouldn't care right?
I'm not upset. I can careless. But you guys are taking things out of proportion. We have far more worries than a stupid show being canceled, such as climate change, and income inequality that continues to grow.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:35 PM

28,206 posts, read 20,762,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
There is no defending such a disgusting comment, but I'm sick of the double standard and merciless PC left. If you make one mistake, say ONE wrong thing, it's over. No amount of apologizing, making amends will make a difference. If you make one screw up, you deserve to have your life ruined forever. Roseanne is finished. We will probably never see her again on tv.

OTOH, when a liberal says something adhorant, they rarely have to pay such severe consequences like the professor who called Barbara Bush a racist and was not fired.
So you don't agree with a company firing an employee that makes them look bad?

Old 05-29-2018, 02:36 PM

12,046 posts, read 5,722,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I dont understand Roseanne! Sometimes she seems genuinely concerned about people being discriminated against, and then says stuff like this?
She has been in and out of therapy for years, from what I've read. Bi-Polar and drug issues.
I repeat - it was after Midnight and an hour long rant across several twitter accounts.

I don't watch much TV, didn't watch her show in the past and not the current show - although I was thinking about it as I thought All in the Family was one of the best written shows ever on TV.

That was a different time ...... we didn't have The Outrage of the Day and we did have real Education in schools.

8,634 posts, read 3,846,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Not only has Rosanne got herself and all her cast members fired, Rosanne will now be remembered as a racist.
Her original show will be tainted as well.
Which is a shame. I used to like Rosanne. Perhaps they should never have revived the show.
It's a shame that all the cast and crew lose their jobs immediately because of one bad tweet, but these networks are petrified of the court of public opinion.

I only watched one episode of the reboot and that was enough for me. It seemed to have ABC's liberal prints all over it trying to sell a kid who dresses up as a girl being completely normal for the average American family.

5,341 posts, read 2,002,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Roseanne has been making racist and Islamaphobic....
What's "Islamophobic"?

12,251 posts, read 6,965,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
There is no defending such a disgusting comment, but I'm sick of the double standard and merciless PC left. If you make one mistake, say ONE wrong thing, it's over. No amount of apologizing, making amends will make a difference. If you make one screw up, you deserve to have your life ruined forever. Roseanne is finished. We will probably never see her again on tv.
I won't defend Roseanne. she was wrong. it is true, however, there is a double standard.

Joy reid is still working at MSNBC.

BuzzFeed’s Steven Perlberg wrote, “As it happens, it's been one month and Joy Reid's hacker — the one who made her old anti-gay blog posts slightly more anti-gay and manipulated the Wayback Machine — remains at large. This morning I asked MSNBC for an update in the investigation, but haven't heard back.”

Old 05-29-2018, 02:37 PM

16,249 posts, read 18,715,749 times
First Kanye, and now Rosanne. Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or