U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2018, 02:58 PM

7,140 posts, read 1,793,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Uh, I knew that the Right has no sense of humor, but that was a joke ! Geeez, you gotta explain all this stuff over and over again.

I am not part of the "right" nor the "left". I know more complected than A or B. I don't like the fringy people occupy either extreme.

But the left lost their sense of humor in Nov. 2016. So I never assume a joke with them. Not anymore.

Fair enough. Good for you, you told a funny!

Old 05-29-2018, 02:59 PM

16,233 posts, read 18,704,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post

I don't have cable but if I did I would surely watch it. I support Rosanne & believe in 2nd chances.
The pc crowd do not believe in 2nd chances. Once a sexist, always a sexist, once a racist always a racist. This what we have boiled down to in society. Both left and right is like this.

5,927 posts, read 2,753,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
She has been in and out of therapy for years, from what I've read. Bi-Polar and drug issues.
I repeat - it was after Midnight and an hour long rant across several twitter accounts.

I don't watch much TV, didn't watch her show in the past and not the current show - although I was thinking about it as I thought All in the Family was one of the best written shows ever on TV.

That was a different time ...... we didn't have The Outrage of the Day and we did have real Education in schools.
Except All in the Family was about a fictional racist whereas Roseanne Barr is the living proof of it.

She is like Archie Bunker where old racists never change their ways or ideas.

2,731 posts, read 4,503,889 times
Quote:

I don't have cable but if I did I would surely watch it. I support Rosanne & believe in 2nd chances.
It was pretty good. They hit on a couple of topics that many are dealing with today.

Old 05-29-2018, 03:00 PM

1,211 posts, read 466,377 times
Quote:

Wasn't this a 2nd chance of a sort? I remember her star falling spectacularly fast around the time she & her ex "sang" the National Anthem for some sporting event...

Old 05-29-2018, 03:02 PM

34,654 posts, read 28,997,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Look at the tweet timeline..

1. obama had the CIA spy on the French

2. obama's secrets are coming out

3. jarrett helped hide the sleazy things obama did

4. jarrett is offspring of muslim and planet of apes

5. Roseanne immediately apologizes ... oh wait, she apologized but the tweeter, who had tweeted this timeline, refused to include that little tidbit in his tweet. agenda, agenda.

What is the single thing the left has taken from this string of tweets to become outraged about? Was it about obama spying rampantly? Nope. Was it about his secrets coming out? Nope. Was it about vj helping to hide things? Nope. Seems like much of these things had been in the media lately. So, what did the left get all foaming at the mouth about if it weren't for those dreadful things? Oh yeah, an idiotic comment made by Barr that she had immediately apologized for.

Did I like what Barr had tweeted? Nope. She did apologize for it though, I seem to remember when Griffen had finally apologized for holding up the severed head prop, the left was saying - 'she apologized, let it go' (even though she walked it back). Bunch of hypocrites on the left it appears, telling people that once someone apologizes then it should be let go,lol. And, not a peep from them about the first 3 tweets. shameful.
What in the hell?

Nobody made her tweet that hateful, racist crap. That was totally on her.

16,233 posts, read 18,704,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
Wasn't this a 2nd chance of a sort? I remember her star falling spectacularly fast around the time she & her ex "sang" the National Anthem for some sporting event...
Both her anthem and her recent comment is cringy.

5,927 posts, read 2,753,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
has ABC gone bankrupt yet?
They own Disney so they will never go bankrupt !

Old 05-29-2018, 03:03 PM

9,540 posts, read 9,420,509 times
National Review posted a comment on “Roseannegate”.
https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...show-canceled/

Old 05-29-2018, 03:04 PM

1,211 posts, read 466,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Except All in the Family was about a fictional racist whereas Roseanne Barr is the living proof of it.

She is like Archie Bunker where old racists never change their ways or ideas.

Actually, Archie Bunker was played as a buffoon of sorts. He was unaware of how discordant his ideas were in a changing world. Archie wasn't the hero--he was the anti-hero. You understood that you could love him in spite of his racism, sexism, etc., as long as he was on the right trajectory and continued to learn the lessons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or