U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2018, 05:30 PM

8,631 posts, read 3,844,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Trump logic
Just like using the word "spy" which has such negative and unpatriotic connotation--even though Nathan Hale became a recognized hero when he was caught by the British "spying" for American interests and hung for his supposed crimes...
If the FBI/CIA "helper" was doing what he did to investigate Russian ties within the Trump campaign--
More power to him
And shame to Trump for outing an American agent--just like Valerie Plame was outed by Libby in the lead up to the fake yellow-cake allegations--

Racists will never admit their racism--because racism is recognized a a negative character flaw...
They cloak it in various other labels thought to be perceived as non-pejorative and unbiased...

Trump is a racist--
His absolute inability to recognize that the Central Park 5 were railroaded into their guilty pleas and were exhonorated by DNA evidence years after their conviction (and Trump's ads supporting their conviction) is proof that he cannot admit to a mistake and that he is a racist to his core...
Yea, Trump is so extremely racist that he pardoned Jack Johnson, a black man punished for a law that was born out of racism. Because that is the kind of thing a true racist does, right?

Old 05-29-2018, 05:33 PM

4,824 posts, read 2,576,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Yea, Trump is so extremely racist that he pardoned Jack Johnson, a black man punished for a law that was born out of racism. Because that is the kind of thing a true racist does, right?
It was a wet kiss to Stallone that offered little downside.

8,631 posts, read 3,844,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've noticed that. The same persons who complain about Colin Kaepernick and want to see him fail, are the same who either feel sorry for Roseanne or are completely silent on it. I've become more and more cynical as the days pass. Now I'm starting to question who I can call a friend and who I can't call a friend.
The NFL kneelers actions were equivalent to going to a military cementary and urinating on a grave. It's an action of incredible disrespect to those who served our country.

1,993 posts, read 1,143,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Spanish varies depending on the region. I assume that’s Mexican Spanish.

The common word for monkey is mono.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:34 PM

26,304 posts, read 12,862,103 times
From Soro's spokesman:
Quote:
A spokesman for Mr Soros called the comments “insulting” and “an affront to Mr Soros and his family,” who survived as Jews in Nazi-occupied Hungary by masquerading as Christians. Mr Soros was aged 13 at the time.

“[Mr Soros] did not collaborate with Nazis. He did not help round up people. He did not confiscate anybody’s property,” the spokesman said in a statement. “Such allegations are insulting to the victims of the Holocaust, to all Jewish people, and to anyone who honours the truth.”

Old 05-29-2018, 05:35 PM

4,995 posts, read 1,791,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Spanish varies depending on the region.

The common word for monkey is mono.
Tis true...Chongo is more commonly taken to mean ape or gorilla.

Does that make it better?

21,339 posts, read 21,912,385 times
Quote:

well, he sure fooled you

1,033 posts, read 612,473 times
What an idiotic thing Roseanne did - she fried her TV career and put scores of people out of work. Whether she felt that way or not, she should know better than to make disgusting comments about public figures. There is no excuse.

All that being said, many times I have heard/read Michelle Obama being compared to a monkey and other swarmy terms by so-called regular citizens. The abusive culture in this country has hit its tipping point... I pray.

I was taught from an early age that "people do not choose their colors." That has followed me throughout my life. Too bad "If you can't say something nice about someone, then don't say it at all" hasn't permeated our society.

It seems since Trump became President, it's no holds barred with people's behavior. Just look at him: He makes personal comments about everyone with whom he comes in contact, be they negative or laudatory. Trump cannot pass up an opportunity to say something personal.

I am frankly embarrassed to be an American. I guess refinement is too much to expect from the "most powerful office in the world." My Canadian relatives are laughing themselves silly that such a buffoon made it to the presidency. While I agreed with a few of Trump's policies in the beginning, they sure aren't enough to keep him afloat IMHO. He has single handedly taken down the Republican party.
(No, I am not a Republican nor a left-leaning liberal.)

Old 05-29-2018, 05:36 PM

4,995 posts, read 1,791,185 times
Quote:
Yeah..after he was DEAD!!!! What a prince

Old 05-29-2018, 05:36 PM

4,115 posts, read 2,008,491 times
Soros is evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or