Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2018, 02:44 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Rosanne was my favorite show. Rosanne made a mistake & did apologize as well as close her twitter account. Hopefully some other network like fox or the cw pick the show up.

There will probably be some bottom-feeding network or cable channel, that will recognize that there are plenty of viewers out there, who have no sense of taste or decency.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:45 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Kathy Griffith got fired from every one of her jobs. So, yeah, they do pay a price.

Roseanne is a fool and she just ruined it for all of the cast. IF I were the president of ABC - I wouldn't want that Roseanne representing me either.

It's not the LEFT. It's the fault of Roseanne - period - full stop. Stop whining; it's no one's fault but her own. Such a fine line to walk - to appeal to the crazier of the MAGA set - yet not offend the person WHO SIGNS YOUR PAYCHECK.

How long do you think my employer would let me stay on if I represented his company in that manner?

Pfft. My heart bleeds.

They only pay a price when it is an extreme offense. Kathy Griffin's bit was so bad that the security service investigated her. It could have been seen as a threat on the president which is a crime. And what about all the disgusting crap that was said about Sarah Huckabee Sanders right to her face at that dinner? I don't recall anyone being fired over that.

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
I agree, she has been in the industry long enough to know that even an A-list star would not survive that tweet. And Roseanne hasn't been on the A-list in decades.

I suspect that ABC was attempting to control content to appease the Trump cult since the show had become something of a favorite for deplorables. I only saw a couple episodes and couldn't figure out how it was supposed to be friendly to Trump. It seemed to show a family that drank the Trump koolaid only to realize that their life was still as messed up as ever.
True, but most of the people the show is about aren't smart enough to figure that out. Remember, these are the same idiots who attacked Chicago Cubs pitcher John Lester on the Twitter machine a couple of years ago because they though he was Lester Holt. Not a lot of triple-digit IQs in that bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
They only pay a price when it is an extreme offense. Kathy Griffin's bit was so bad that the security service investigated her. It could have been seen as a threat on the president which is a crime. And what about all the disgusting crap that was said about Sarah Huckabee Sanders right to her face at that dinner? I don't recall anyone being fired over that.
What "disgusting crap"? Can you give some examples?

You don't even know, do you? You just heard it, so it must be true.

21,121 posts, read 19,707,707 times
I guess this means HBO will have to cancel Bill Maurer for calling Trump an orangutan, right?

Old 05-29-2018, 02:46 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,388,492 times
https://twitter.com/MarkSimoneNY/sta...26993689743361

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I don't agree with the climate of unforgiveness. ABC is just responding to that climate. Their statement about company values is a load of crap. They only value viewership.
apparently not since "Roseanne" was getting good ratings and they still canned the show.

1,239 posts, read 510,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I agree with you. For many liberals and those who feel victimizied. Words are worse than bullets.

As for me. I can careless about her show. As for those celebrating? Those that are celebrating are wasting thier time and are incredibly stupid. Why? What does Rosanne show being canceled is going to do for you? Are you getting paid for her show being canceled? No. Also this is not the end of Rosanne. People who say racist, sexist and political comments that are negative will get jobs again. My best bet for those who feel offended or triggered by those who say racist, sexist and political derogatory comments. Is to take over state and and local politics, and force federal government to place people in prison for words against humanity and civility,

As for Rosanne? What she said was offensive, but life must go on with out her.
Don't see anyone celebrating.
But those who think Roseanne got what she deserved have spent far less time and energy on the topic than you, and a few others who claim "can careless."

6,131 posts, read 7,986,461 times
Can we cancel the Presidency due to racist and inflammatory tweets?

Old 05-29-2018, 02:47 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I guess this means HBO will have to cancel Bill Maurer for calling Trump an orangutan, right?
It's up to them just like it was up to ABC what to do with Roseanne and up to MSNBC hat to do with Joy Reid. They're not required to do anything

Old 05-29-2018, 02:48 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
has ABC gone bankrupt yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies