Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2018, 05:33 PM

72,816 posts, read 62,152,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I agree here. Lots of sjw liberal rage addicts here. Same could be said but the right.
Are you okay with Roseanne's comments?

14,640 posts, read 14,517,264 times
Peace out, Roseanne. Never missed you in the first place.

36,858 posts, read 17,234,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
So if you don't think that statement is racist, what do you *think* Roseanne meant by that, if not to be racist?

Calling your friend Neon is not the same thing. I assume you are doing that because he has a pronounced supraorbital ridge?

I don't think anyone is going nuts. Disney decided Roseanne did not represent their views and found her offensive. End of story. Kathy Griffin got the same treatment.

The only thing this thread is doing is discussing whether her remarks were racist or not. No one going nuts. I'm enjoying the pretzel logic of Roseanne's defenders.
That's the problem. It has no where to go but racism.

Apes are real. Even the apes in the fictional work of Planet of the Apes are descendants of apes we know today.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:39 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,943,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Are you okay with Roseanne's comments?
I'm not ok with it, but also I'm not against it either. I'm also a man of color and the use of the word ape is often used against black people. That is true. I have far more important affairs to worry about. Yes want she said was offensive, but that is not my problem. We should worry about. Improving the climate, trying to lower income inequality in this country. Instead those platforms have been abandoned so that people can fight racism and sexism.

I'm not a Rosanne fan, and I don't careless about her show. I do feel sorry for cast that will suffer through this. Oh well. With that said. Thier is a lesson to be learned here. Don't be a big mouth.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:40 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,426,817 times
I'm more fascinated about the traction this issue has gotten. 85 pages and counting..in just a few hours. Why?

Why defend her? Why attack her? This seems to have tapped a pretty deep vein of..what? Rage...resentment....frustration?

I'm reminded that threads that have any racial overtones..get a lot of play...why? Not a day goes by that there is not some thread..Why Do Blacks, Hispanics, brown people...etc. etc., etc,_________________? When someone dares point out that there might be a racist element to these posts..the denials run thick and fast. I don't believe said denials..I doubt most do--but there will always be a poster..right wing--who will gleefully point out that it must be me who is racist..since I commented. Interesting logic..you let such things stand..you are complicit by your silence..you speak up..and it must be you who has the problem.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
I'm more fascinated about the traction this issue has gotten. 85 pages and counting..in just a few hours. Why?

Why defend her? Why attack her? This seems to have tapped a pretty deep vein of..what? Rage...resentment....frustration?

I'm reminded that threads that have any racial overtones..get a lot of play...why? Not a day goes by that there is not some thread..Why Do Blacks, Hispanics, brown people...etc. etc., etc,_________________? When someone dares point out that there might be a racist element to these posts..the denials run thick and fast. I don't believe said denials..I doubt most do--but there will always be a poster..right wing--who will gleefully point out that it must be me who is racist..since I commented. Interesting logic..you let such things stand..you are complicit by your silence..you speak up..and it must be you who has the problem.
Americans love racial issues, that's why.

993 posts, read 761,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post

I don't have cable but if I did I would surely watch it. I support Rosanne & believe in 2nd chances.
Oh please. Roseanne has had a lifetime of second chances. ABC knew exactly whom they were dealing with. No doubt they had an emergency plan in place for when this happened.

There was never a question that this vile woman would open her mouth to bully others. Take a look a her tweets. And she worships at the altar of Trump and needed to appease him. What was it? 30 years ago when she publicly accused her father of raping her as a girl? Then years later....uh oh...guess I made a mistake. Sorry dad.

ABC had the apologies prewritten, the press releases prewritten....this happened so quickly...they knew the filth they had hired. But the almighty dollar reigned.

I hope we are never exposed to this hateful ugly woman the future. Second chance? You’ve not a clue.

8,395 posts, read 6,764,988 times
Roseanne's normally pretty business savvy about promoting her career and staying on track when she's working. The tweet in question was sent out at 2:45 am. Can't resist the idea she was drunk or high when she tweeted. At any rate it has to be one of the most colossal mistakes in the history of the entertainment industry destroying a career worth millions not to mention the other cast members who must have had very lucrative contracts. And no I'm not defending her actions in any way.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Roseanne's normally pretty business savvy about promoting her career and staying on track when she's working. The tweet in question was sent out at 2:45 am. Can't resist the idea she was drunk or high when she tweeted. At any rate it has to be one of the most colossal mistakes in the history of the entertainment industry destroying a career worth millions not to mention the other cast members who must have had very lucrative contracts. And no I'm not defending her actions in any way.
Like Mel Gibson driving drunk and made comments about jews.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:44 PM

7,813 posts, read 4,523,083 times
Something worth noting is a quote from MGM studio head Louis B Mayer said back in the day:

"We are the only company whose assets all walk out the gate at night"

Do you really want to be the ABC executive that watches a talent exodus because you chose to stand by a racist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies