Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2018, 08:47 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,871,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
A convicted, sex addaulting/rapist like Bill Cosby gets awarded with his Cosby show to get reruns at time the Roseanne show gets taken off the air for a disgusting remark.
So now a nasty, disgusting remark with apology is worst than raping women!

But Cosby might be a democrat so what else to expect from these networks.

Spending more time with family is what we all should do and stay away from these disgusting networks
Your sources are wrong.....again .

Oh dear -- sorry --

Old 05-31-2018, 09:57 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,646,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
So, we have an actress/comedian causing a show cancellation over it, yet the most offensive guy on the planet gets to play president while spouting negativity and inciting racism and hatefulness, ever since he arrived. When does his show get cancelled??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Come on. I agree Trump says so pretty ridiculous stuff.

That being said what racist comment has he said anywhere close to what Rosanne tweeted?
I was referring to his having stirred up and persuaded others to be hateful during rallies, with violent, racially-motivated activities having occurred afterward, his promoting white nationalism and making excuses for. He has negatively referred to Hispanics and Muslims. (It is known how his father had taught him early on, not to have blacks as renters).

Besides that, his derogatorily referring to another as "Pocahontas", repeatedly having criticized females' appearances and being misogynistic, mocking a disabled person, etc. His behavior is disgusting and juvenile, getting away with it and never apologizing for. As said, how is it that there are no consequences for him?

Old 05-31-2018, 10:11 PM

46,841 posts, read 25,785,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelHorse View Post
Samantha Bee called the FLOTUS the C word publicly.
Paging Dr. Freud. Dr. Freud, please pick up the white courtesy phone.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:13 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,119,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
omg, Samantha Bee vile, 'c-word' attack on Ivanka Trump and you leftist are still yapping about this? To call anyone the c word is the most vile, and disrespectful toward ALL women, INCLUDING black women. Yet where's the outrage. And a women who talks this way about another women just goes to show us how low they think of women. Worse, was to think that her audience thinks (and some do) that it's funny.
Oh, please. Racist epithets are far worse than calling a woman a ****.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:32 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,203,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Oh, please. Racist epithets are far worse than calling a woman a ****.
How was it "racist"?

I must have missed the part where Roseanne's comment did any of this: 1.
a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:35 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,203,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
The covert racists are the ones who are sensitive to it. I think people find it so offensive because they see too much truth to it. Neanderthal is a equivalent of so called sub humans and now there is a credible link to Europeans being linked to them. Should Europeans go into melt downs over being called a Neanderthal? Would make me think one thinks they are one.

Africans have traits that give them an advantage in the tropics. So there will be some phenotypical overlap to other tropical creatures. Europeans are naturally fatter , just like cold water marine life. Don't dare call them blubbery wales or they may start to cry.....

Nothing is solved by this over reaction. The worst thing to do is bleed over it. Ignoring it is the best response.

Her comment was probably mindless and poorly thought out, anyway. Its not the first time. When she spit after singing the national anthem she thought she was acting like a baseball player. Many people though she was spitting on the country. She does stupid things.
So let us hash out/parse your comments.

Are you claiming Roseanne's post was "Racist" too?

But YOUR comment above is not?

How's that work? More of that liberal double standard pretzel logic?

Old 05-31-2018, 10:46 PM

31,916 posts, read 14,892,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
How was it "racist"?

a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
Black people have been compared to apes, including Michele Obama. That is the epitome of racism. This is what Roseanne did. So yes this is racism.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:00 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,717,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Black people have been compared to apes, including Michele Obama. That is the epitome of racism. This is what Roseanne did. So yes this is racism.
Jarrett looks a little like Dr. Zira, the character on Planet of the Apes (played by white women). Neither Jarrett nor Zira look like black people. Roseanne may have been trying to get a shot in at Jarret, for whatever reason, but it isn't racism. This is just one more instance of the liberal establishment going nuts trying to create racial controversy out of nothing, and looking foolish in the process.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:09 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,646,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The right was howling for and gleeful at Kathy Griffin's departure. Her firing shows that there is a red line that applies to both left and right. Both Griffen and Barr crossed it
I saw that Griffin is back in action, touring and apparently not so regretful for what was done, initially. She has a lot of supportive fans, apparently.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:09 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,119,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
How was it "racist"?

I cannot help you, then.

You might want to google the history behind comparing African American people to apes.

That'd be a start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies