U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 04:38 PM

7,415 posts, read 2,388,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
You don't understand percentages do you? the only reason they wouldn't come to America is because it's hard to do legally or for family reasons. Poor Africans wouldn't be better that's for sure.
Please. You donít understand that you donít control this conversation. Neither of us can provide an exact percentage and, as stated, since we are discussing a whole continent in comparison to a country, that makes a significant NUMBER of Africans better off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
That is not true at all depending on the African country they might be better off staying. Simply generalizing all Africans as a monolithic group is disingenuous and leads me to think you really don't know very much about the continent at all.
Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2018, 04:38 PM

1,875 posts, read 792,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't care why that is. If I am behaving politely and doing my part not to be a nuisance, then why should I be treated poorly? Answer that question.
You should be treated equally, but don't blame it on white privileged. Blame it on your own people who created the cause of this unfair treatment.

Old 04-01-2018, 04:41 PM

1,875 posts, read 792,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Please. You don’t understand that you don’t control this conversation. Neither of us can provide an exact percentage and, as stated, since we are discussing a whole continent in comparison to a country, that makes a significant NUMBER of Africans better off.

Exactly.
Approximately 99% of Africans would be better off in America. How many African Americans have moved to Africa from America to escape white privelege, unfair treatment, descrimination, etc for a batter life? Exactly.

Old 04-01-2018, 04:44 PM

4,331 posts, read 1,795,443 times
Quote:
He wasn't "executed" and it wasn't "just because they got scared."
Really? All the reasons you gave for police executing people on the street seem like nerves or being scardy cats because they are poorly trained. Police are to arrest criminals not kill them if that happens it should be because they are already under attack not because they thought so and so had a gun. With your attitude we will be living in a police state in no time.

Old 04-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 9 days ago)

47,722 posts, read 45,337,082 times
Quote:
You should be treated equally, but don't blame it on white privileged. Blame it on your own people who created the cause of this unfair treatment.
I'll blame it on what I see the reason is. This is what I know. Blacks were treated unfairly before any issues with crime and violence came about, so don't try to go with this "well you deserve it" crap.

Old 04-01-2018, 05:01 PM

7,415 posts, read 2,388,109 times
Quote:
Approximately 99% of Africans would be better off in America. How many African Americans have moved to Africa from America to escape white privelege, unfair treatment, descrimination, etc for a batter life? Exactly.
Whatever makes you sleep better at night. Not all Africans want to come to the U.S. Get over it.

And of those who do come, a significant number would like to accomplish certain goals are return home. A significant number do not want to remain.

Whatever number of African-Americans have moved to African countries likely did so for various reasons.

Old 04-01-2018, 05:57 PM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 9 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Whatever makes you sleep better at night. Not all Africans want to come to the U.S. Get over it.

And of those who do come, a significant number would like to accomplish certain goals are return home. A significant number do not want to remain.

Whatever number of African-Americans have moved to African countries likely did so for various reasons.
Some people get off on complaining about African-Americans.

Old 04-01-2018, 06:03 PM

16,572 posts, read 14,032,056 times
Quote:
By accept do you mean cramped down my throat? Every argument for "white privilege" is debunked. Privilege means you didn't earn it. A black person is more likely to get pulled over because their neighborhoods are policed more aggressively because their crime rates are so high. Is less white on white crime or any race on any race crime a "privilege." They get harsher sentences because they have worse criminal histories on average and have less money on average to pay for good lawyers. Thats not privilege. There is only socioeconomic privilege.

Can you accept Jewish, Asian, and wealthy person privilege, because that is more privilege that any white privilege.
I am white, and I acknowledge white privilege. I see it often and have benefited from it personally. Just because you havenít yet, does not mean it does not exist.

Old 04-01-2018, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I am white, and I acknowledge white privilege. I see it often and have benefited from it personally. Just because you havenít yet, does not mean it does not exist.
I look at it like this. You don't have to be of a particular ethnicity to acknowledge things. It is about being able to acknowledge it. As for the person you responded to, this is how I see it. It is more like said person doesn't really care. Sometimes we can see certain things, but we don't care. However, admitting to not caring at all is looked at poorly. Therefore, not acknowledging certain things is a way of saving face.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Really? All the reasons you gave for police executing people on the street seem like nerves or being scardy cats because they are poorly trained. Police are to arrest criminals not kill them if that happens it should be because they are already under attack not because they thought so and so had a gun. With your attitude we will be living in a police state in no time.
Truth is, some people want to see a police state take place. Some people are especially okay with it if only one particular ethnic group is targeted by it.

I will just state this about the thread. This is just a backhanded way to vent and express racial animosity. That is the likely the reason behind it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or