Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 12:25 PM

4,414 posts, read 2,909,437 times

Advertisements

Brilliant article. About every person in Africa would do anything to live in America.

Black Americans, It
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2018, 12:27 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,927,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Brilliant article. About every person in Africa would do anything to live in America.

Black Americans, It
I admit it. Yes, people in developed nations, of average fare better than people in developing nations.

Does this mean you're willing to accept your white privilege?

Old 03-28-2018, 12:30 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,784,920 times
I am black and I agree I have a privilege overseas when travelling as well. When I open my mouth with my American accent and have my American money, I am treated much better than other people in certain countries and especially better than blacks in European countries IMO as black people in Europe are often stereotyped - especially those from African nations - in a very negative way.

I agree with gladhands though. Since I admit as a black American I have the privilege abroad, will you admit that in America AND abroad, that you have white privilege.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:33 PM

4,414 posts, read 2,909,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I admit it. Yes, people in developed nations, of average fare better than people in developing nations.

Does this mean you're willing to accept your white privilege?
By accept do you mean cramped down my throat? Every argument for "white privilege" is debunked. Privilege means you didn't earn it. A black person is more likely to get pulled over because their neighborhoods are policed more aggressively because their crime rates are so high. Is less white on white crime or any race on any race crime a "privilege." They get harsher sentences because they have worse criminal histories on average and have less money on average to pay for good lawyers. Thats not privilege. There is only socioeconomic privilege.

Can you accept Jewish, Asian, and wealthy person privilege, because that is more privilege that any white privilege.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:37 PM

3,843 posts, read 2,208,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
When I open my mouth with my American accent and have my American money, I am treated much better than other people in certain countries and especially better than blacks in European countries IMO as black people in Europe are often stereotyped - especially those from African nations - in a very negative way.
The irony is that here in the States, it's the opposite. A black immigrant from a third world country is perceived as "better" or fancier than us regular ol' American black people.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
By accept do you mean cramped down my throat? Every argument for "white privilege" is debunked. Privilege means you didn't earn it. Can you accept Jewish, Asian, and wealthy person privilege?
Ah, so Af-Am privilege is real, but white privilege is debunked nonsense that's been "cramped" down your throat. Gotcha.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
The irony is that here in the States, it's the opposite. A black immigrant from a third world country is perceived as "better" or fancier than us regular ol' American black people.
shhhh. Let the OP hang himself with his own faulty logic.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
shhhh. Let the OP hang himself with his own faulty logic.
I thought the same thing lol!

If I speak in an accent and act like I'm from somewhere else, they'll look at me as "better" than a regular black American.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:43 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,595,623 times
this is written by an African... and a lot of them come to America and look down on Black Americans.

there are too many layers to peel back in this article.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
By accept do you mean cramped down my throat? Every argument for "white privilege" is debunked. Privilege means you didn't earn it. A black person is more likely to get pulled over because their neighborhoods are policed more aggressively because their crime rates are so high. Is less white on white crime or any race on any race crime a "privilege." They get harsher sentences because they have worse criminal histories on average and have less money on average to pay for good lawyers. Thats not privilege. There is only socioeconomic privilege.

Can you accept Jewish, Asian, and wealthy person privilege, because that is more privilege that any white privilege.
So you think the person who wrote blacks are "privileged" in other countries outside of America - those of us who are Americans, said author/idea is "brilliant" yet you being white in America and being treated better just because you are a white American both inside of America AND outside of America is not a "brilliant" idea lol.

You are being hypocritical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies