Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 05:33 PM

10,509 posts, read 6,130,322 times

Advertisements

Maddow is going to need to get a smaller font again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2018, 05:33 PM

51,618 posts, read 25,681,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Next up, Trump fires Kelly and hires the coffee boy as Chief of Staff and fires DeVos and appoints Barron Trump as Secretary of Education. (Though arguably he might do a better job).
DeVos and the Mercer money aren't going anywhere.

Kelly's likely on thin ice though.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:34 PM

51,618 posts, read 25,681,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Maddow is going to need to get a smaller font again.
It's three columns now.

Her show tonight is going to be hoot.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:35 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,312,630 times
Shrug. The last one had some ethical issues, I dont think the new one will have ethical issues beyond being willing to lie when ordered. The real question for me is if he can do his job. And that I am unsure of. Lets see how this one goes.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:35 PM

17,380 posts, read 9,207,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Trump appointed Secretary VA is history.

Likely the ethics questions involving his trip to Europe had some influence on the outcome.
Shulkin was an Obama Appointment as Under Secretary of VA Affairs. President Trump decided (under advice) to give him a chance ..... Shulkin had a year, he failed. Shulkin was the ONLY nominee under President Trump to not have a Senate Leftist Battle - he was confirmed 100-0. An "Obama Man" must be acceptable to the Non-Stop Obstructional Leftists.

As for the nomination of the new Secretary of the VA --- he may be the President's "personal physician", but he was also The Great and Mighty Obama's "personal physician" and a former US Navy Admiral.

Ronny Lynn Jackson (born May 4, 1967) is an American medical doctor, Physician to the President, and United States Navy admiral who is currently nominated as the Secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs. First appointed to the role of Physician to the President on July 25, 2013, by Barack Obama, he was retained by Donald Trump after his election in 2016.

On March 28, 2018, President Donald Trump announced his intention to nominate Jackson as United States Secretary of Veterans Affairs, succeeding David Shulkin.[/i][/color]

This isn't Rocket Science folks ........ it's all a matter of easy to find data.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:37 PM

68,299 posts, read 54,213,280 times
The parade of the BEST people who are unemployed gets longer by the day.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The parade of the BEST people who are unemployed gets longer by the day.
It's a great risk to keep on the Obama Appointees ...... Shulkin was an Obama Appointee and so is Jackson.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
This has been coming for awhile. The media said the job was offered to Rick Perry (who is now Energy Secretary) and he turned it down but I don't remember why. That was earlier this year.
Rick Perry turned down the job at Veteran's Affairs because he likes Energy and thinks he has more to offer there ...... which he does. I know the Leftists think Rick Perry is a dufus, but he knows his stuff when it comes to all forms of Energy. He also knows his stuff when it comes to management.

Nuclear, Nuclear Waste, Oil, Gas, LNG, Coal ...... Texas does all of that.
Texas holds the US Oil Reserves, Texas does a major amount of Oil/coal/gas/LGN shipping, refining, producing.
Perry has contacts all over the world in those field - he spent 14 years promoting Texas Energy.

Texas has it's own GRID, so he also has a lot of knowledge about Grids, how they work & how to protect them.
He's a VET, and was a good advocate for VETS in Texas - but he has never gone through the Veteran's Affairs System ..... neither has Jackson. It's a dirty mess and it's a snapshot of what a Federal Medical Care facility is like.

About the LAST thing any American should want is a Federal Medical Plan for everyone - they can't even take care of Military Veterans.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:53 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,927,604 times
So how many years before Trump gets his Cabinet right? He says it is getting better....any day now...we are waiting....

Old 03-28-2018, 05:54 PM

8,384 posts, read 7,601,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Wonder how the vets are going to respond to this. Stand by.
Shulkin had a lot of positive support from mainstream veterans organizations like the VFW, Disabled American Vets, Vietnam Veterans of America, the Foreign Legion, etc.

Here's an article from Stars and Stripes (publication aimed at military):

Veterans groups rally behind David Shulkin

And, just a few months ago, his initiatives at the VA were getting all sorts of positive press.

Of course, he did have that trip to Europe, but one could also say that his boss is taking a lot of trips to Florida to play golf every weekend at taxpayer expense so...

This one is kind of personal to me because my husband is a vet, and so are many of our friends (and so was my father in law, who was treated at a VA hospital in his final days). There are lots of services and knowledge about vets that regular MDs and hospitals don't have and can't really provide. For example, my father in law was exposed to agent orange during Vietnam, and his private doctors didn't always understand or even consider the implications of that in taking care of him. So, while it's fine to talk about privatizing the VA, I'd hate to see the entire system privatized. And, let's face it, if you want something to cost MORE, privatize it.

Last edited by RosieSD; 03-28-2018 at 06:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies