U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 01:21 PM

2,054 posts, read 1,090,936 times

Advertisements

It seems clear that people would rather blame ideas, i.e. liberalism than accept the fact that men on both sides of the political spectrum are abandoning their children. Conservatives may not believe in abortion but neither do they believe in supporting the children that they create. Family values don't belong just to conservatives. Trump has been married how many times? Newt Gringrich has been married how many times?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 02:00 PM

32,998 posts, read 19,960,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
It seems clear that people would rather blame ideas, i.e. liberalism than accept the fact that men on both sides of the political spectrum are abandoning their children. Conservatives may not believe in abortion but neither do they believe in supporting the children that they create. Family values don't belong just to conservatives. Trump has been married how many times? Newt Gringrich has been married how many times?
This is just funny stuff.

You just said, men on BOTH sides of the political spectrum are abandoning their children, then you went ahead and posted the pink?

Seriously?

Old 03-29-2018, 03:00 PM

21,483 posts, read 13,641,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Or both having sex without a commitment. I don't image women have sex with men for the sole purpose of getting pregnant. So men need to refuse to have sex unless they are committed to the woman. And women need to refuse to have sex unless the man is committed to her.

And lets stop trying to make birth control and abortion hard to get. Stop demonizing it and instead support it as the best option if your pregnant but not in a committed relationship.

Heck, this is part of the problem. Women shack up with men but when the get pregnant---and if you have sex long enough it will happen if you are healthy----the man thinks he was cheated into getting married. He still wants to stay a boy and wants the woman to get an abortion. When she refuses he hits the road.

The pill and abortion has made it easier to shirk any responsibility now.

Old 03-29-2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I grew up in a “perfect” 1950s-style two-parent household. Unfortunately, my father went “off the deep end” with religion and quit his job, leaving my mother with the task of breadwinning and raising us at the same time. She eventually had a nervous breakdown.

It probably would have been better if my parents got divorced, but my mother was the good submissive obedient Christian wife, so it didn’t happen.

The right wing “family values” crowd forgets that fathers are often a$$holes. Forcing them to “stick around” is often counterproductive.
I would say your situation in the 50s was rare. Most men who did that would be ostracized. Men who did not support their families would be seen as bums back them. Society held most families together since divorce was frowned on. If a man didn't hold down a job he was looked at as not much of a man back then.

Old 03-29-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
So exactly how does one tell ahead of time if someone is irresponsible and immoral?
Well for one thing you don't jump into bed on the first date. Right there you are both irresponsible and immoral so that should tell you something. You will be treated the way you want to be treated.

Old 03-29-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
If they are liberal its a huge red flag. A willingness to kill the unborn is a red flag. A willingness to make them dependent on the government and less on a father is a huge red flag.
That glassy eyed look is a sign. Other signs = They won't listen and shout down the views of others. They can't focus on issues or policy's but are quick to derail them with demonization around race, gender etc............. They say it takes a village but look to wisdom from the village idiot.
Just a few of the many red flags.

Interesting that as I post this Dona Brazil is talking about a pink wave. More on that later. There is a huge push to take the male out of the political equation.
Exactly

"They say it takes a village but look to wisdom from the village idiot."

Love that, should be made into a poster. LOL

Old 03-29-2018, 03:19 PM

4,815 posts, read 3,464,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Funny, because I just heard an interesting statistic on the way to work today.

What do China, Japan, and South Korea, the world's second, third and seventh economies have in common: less than 4% illegitimacy.

The libs all screamed when Dan Quayle talked about Murphy Brown portraying single motherhood as something desirable, and here we are all these years later watching our country crack up. Look at the devastation that illegitimcy is causing in the black community alone. Now understand that it is becoming the norm.

In the animal kingdom, the males of most species only use women for mating. Then they abandon them to the young. In a few highly functioning species of mammals and birds, the men are capable of feeling love for their children, and the females that made them. In one species, the legal institution of marraige has become the cornerstone of civilization. Now, the leftist scum are taking us backwards by convincing women that they don't need men, and they should just work all of the time, at a job and at home. It is the women and their children that suffer.

Less competition for my kids I guess.
Its not about convincing but about choice. People should do what they want to do, you seem to be advocating for social communism, you are saying people should make social choices for the common good not the individual.

Old 03-29-2018, 03:23 PM

7,954 posts, read 3,112,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Its not about convincing but about choice. People should do what they want to do, you seem to be advocating for social communism, you are saying people should make social choices for the common good not the individual.
"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need."

So this means if you need to get laid real bad the state will assign you a skilled lover?

Old 03-30-2018, 06:37 AM

21,738 posts, read 21,618,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
[/b][/b]

Heck, this is part of the problem. Women shack up with men but when the get pregnant---and if you have sex long enough it will happen if you are healthy----the man thinks he was cheated into getting married. He still wants to stay a boy and wants the woman to get an abortion. When she refuses he hits the road.

The pill and abortion has made it easier to shirk any responsibility now.
That's been going on since forever, its just that the women were squirreled away to an unwed mothers home or relatives where her baby was basically taken and put up for adoption. And before that babies were farmed out and most often died. That's why the church and government eventually started to hold fathers responsible for some financial support.

The pill and safe legal abortions put an end to much of that. Living together or having sex isn't irresponsible in itself. Having a child you aren't prepared to provide for and love is. Getting married or being married incase there is a pregnancy doesn't change that.

Old 03-30-2018, 06:59 AM

37,898 posts, read 14,764,101 times
The idea that women are to blame for men abandoning their children is the argument of idiots.

How could Ivana have known ahead of time that Trump would abandon their children?

Neil and Sharon Bush were married for 23 years when he abandoned her and their kids to marry someone else. How could she have know 24 years ago that he would do this?

How could Jenny Sanford have known that Mark would abandon her and their four sons to hike the Argentina Trail?

If every woman waited until men had proven themselves loyal beyond a doubt, the population would die off with this generation.

Get real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or