U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 12:36 PM

20,250 posts, read 9,891,136 times

Advertisements

You're late. French Jews have been leaving France for years because they're tired of being targeted and no longer feel safe.

Take note Americans - this is what happens when you put people new to the country ahead of your citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 12:51 PM

14,609 posts, read 3,867,544 times
Wasn't there some Iraq and other vets killed in Las Vegas?

Yep:
https://taskandpurpose.com/navy-vete...bal-las-vegas/

But I'm sure many will say this isn't ironic nor indicative of things wrong in the USA...

Old 03-29-2018, 12:53 PM

16,661 posts, read 8,506,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
It's unspeakably naive and self destructive of you to ignore the home grown anti-Semitism, which is indeed on the rise.
WTH are you talking about?

Old 03-29-2018, 12:54 PM

15,587 posts, read 6,159,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Of course not, silly
Import the ideology that historically hates Jews and ..who’s great idea was it to flood themselves with the barbarian culture?
See Is There A future forJews Outside Israel, the U.S., Canada & Australia?

I don't believe it matters which country. With a huge migration of a more primitive culture the government can do little. France has certainly tried to add to its educational curriculum exercises and lessons to defuse tensions. It's like King Canute's efforts against the tides.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:57 PM

16,661 posts, read 8,506,818 times
After listening to this poc I can understand anti semitism

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5jl-OJJVAEg

Old 03-29-2018, 01:06 PM

23,970 posts, read 32,674,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
There are several nations in Europe that would put France to shame when it comes to anti Jewish bigotry. France isn’t even in the ballpark.
That wasn't my experience.

Old 03-29-2018, 01:09 PM

26,314 posts, read 24,409,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
You mean this old lady was a bad guy and deserved to die?
no, what he or she is saying, that they left those people in and now they're paying for it.

Very sad, the whole thing...people are trusting by nature...and want to help people, but when those that your helping bite the hand that feeds them, it's time to be smart and realize, primitive culture and open borders do not mix.

Old 03-29-2018, 01:13 PM

11,618 posts, read 5,903,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Anti-Semitism was more common in France than any other European country I spent an appreciable amount of time in. Mostly it came from North African Muslims, though some far right-wing French people were anti-Semites as well. I think it's even worse now.
The Moors?

Here's a coupla French guys outta time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTKQRHSl9pQ

Who the help moved into Spain after the Muslims were chased out?

I always have a hard time to keep up on all the history changes and such.

What is Spain doing these days, anyhow?

I always heard Spain was as broke as Greece.

A couple of deplorables to the EU, or something.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 03-29-2018 at 01:32 PM..

Old 03-29-2018, 02:25 PM

21,344 posts, read 23,981,696 times
Quote:
Anti-Semitism was more common in France than any other European country I spent an appreciable amount of time in. Mostly it came from North African Muslims, though some far right-wing French people were anti-Semites as well. I think it's even worse now.
Go further back to the Vichy. They were worse than the Germans. France is a first world country. So it's either suck it up and deal with it or take a step down in one's expectations of standards of living and move out.

Old 03-29-2018, 03:58 PM

49,987 posts, read 26,499,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
But what makes this new era of anti-Semitic violence in Europe different from previous ones is that traditional Western patterns of anti-Semitic thought have now merged with a potent strain of Muslim Judeophobia. Violence against Jews in Western Europe today, according to those who track it, appears to come mainly from Muslims, who in France, the epicenter of Europe’s Jewish crisis, outnumber Jews 10 to 1.

France’s 475,000 Jews represent less than 1 percent of the country’s population. Yet last year, according to the French Interior Ministry, 51 percent of all racist attacks targeted Jews. The statistics in other countries, including Great Britain, are similarly dismal.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...europe/386279/
Yeah, but Jews typically leave a much larger footprint than their numbers would suggest. They’re rarely an invisible minority.
Quote:
That wasn't my experience.
Yeah well, try Poland or the Baltic States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies