Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2018, 06:43 PM

13,167 posts, read 21,729,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
If anyone told me a year ago that liberals would shamelessly manipulate and exploit traumatized children I would - well, I would have have believed them. Liberals continue to be the most vile, despicable people on the planet. They marginalize minorities, women, immigrants, and the LGTB community and treat them like children. They're hate mongers and will resort to anything to push their simple-minded agenda. Truly disgusting creatures - and they learned NOTHING from the last presidential election.
You need to live in a land with only one political party, like Russia. Or maybe you already do.

Old 03-31-2018, 06:45 PM

36,907 posts, read 18,875,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
She said he whined, which he did, and that's pretty much it, a normal person would have ignored it. But, to Hogg and the left it's a firing offense
A normal person would never have commented on his statement on national TV in the first place, nor would a normal adult have stooped to attempting to bully a teenager. A normal teenager would probably not have fought back, and the businesses which normally supported her would have had no reason to revisit their ad buying position.

I wonder if she realizes how much free publicity she and Fox gave him? And I wonder if Fox understands that the Parkland Survivors are in the process of redefining what is "normal" in national conversations?

Old 03-31-2018, 06:45 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,346,189 times
just wondering, if these people hate laura so much, why are they watching the show to see if the advertiser has cancel yet, why dont they just boycott the show itself and turn the channel, let those that enjoy the show, enjoy the arby commericals too. they dont have to eat at arby

Old 03-31-2018, 06:49 PM

40,930 posts, read 48,938,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Fox is going down the tubes. Ailes. O'Reilly. Hannity slipping. Now Ingraham makes a$$ of herself picking on a HS kid.
LOL, CNN ratings is somewhere below MTV and sinking fast and you say Fox is going down the tubes.

Old 03-31-2018, 06:49 PM

7,816 posts, read 4,532,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
There also may be a short term drop in sponsorship, but ratings rule, so they, or others will be back. She isn't going anywhere.
That's why she took her "vacation". In the broadcast business that's known as working the phones to drum up enough 3-tier replacement sponsors to keep the show afloat, with the time sold at a discount. Be ready for a slew of self-lubricating catheter and 'hedge' alternative currency coin commercials upon her return. Too bad Trump University got sued out of existence, it would have been a great fit for her demographic. Rubes.

Old 03-31-2018, 06:54 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,439,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
You need to live in a land with only one political party, like Russia. Or maybe you already do.
Um huh.

Old 03-31-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
It was far more than just the wars. Read the article.

But even if most of it were because of those wars, you do realize left-wing globalist like Bill Kristol were the architects of those wars, don't you?

The same Bill Kristol "Never Trumper" who berates middle-class Americans as beneath him.
Anyone who was paying attention knew the wars were contrived BS from the word "go" to try to steal the oil in Iraq. Bush 41 sat on the board of the Carlyle Group. and got paid every time a bomb dropped in the Mideast. Cheney/Halliburton stole 40 billion dollars. Erik Prince stole another billion, and is now under investigation in the Russian collusion saga. George W. Bush is a war criminal who should be sitting in a cell for crimes against humanity.

By the time all the invoices are in including long-term care for the veterans, W will have dropped about six trillion dollars, for which we received absolutely nothing. We didn't get the oil, there were no WMDs, we are not a bit safer than we were in 2000, and ISIS formed as a result. W insisted that UHC be written into the new Iraqi constitution, at our expense. What a shame he didn't think as much of Americans as he did of Iraqis.

Old 03-31-2018, 06:58 PM

9,411 posts, read 4,250,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Nice try. I have historically voted across party lines. I did not vote for Trump. Any remotely reasonable person can see that the left has become totally, completely unhinged. I desperately want the Democrats to produce a viable candidate for the next presidential election. Unless they learn to reject identity politics, SJWs, and the hysteria de jour (guns today, who knows what tomorrow) they will lose again. I fear the US may not survive additional 4 years of Repub nonsense.

Old 03-31-2018, 06:59 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,156,838 times
I still say it is truly bizarre that this tread was made a sticky. If it was a relevant subject worthy of being at the top it would have stayed there then. Why was this tread made a sticky?????? I am sensing some kind of preference here or is it just me? I went through some, not all to try and figure it out but can't tell when it was made a sticky. Anyone know?

Old 03-31-2018, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
You would think differently if it were you who made a truthful comment, and a very minor comment at that, about someone and they had you fired for it. Be very careful in wanting this to be a normal and acceptable practice.
I've been retired for a while. Before I retired I knew what should and should not be said in the workplace, much less in the public arena. You never attack anyone in public regardless of what you might think of them in private, because you never know what the politics of your audience might be. She shot her mouth off where she shouldn't and if she gets "fired" for it because she has become a liabilty to her employer, such is life, and it has been the "normal" in corporate America for years. Loose lips sink ships. Shut up, Laura.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies