Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2018, 05:59 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It was a success. Some advertisers walked away, and forced her to apologize.
I bet her ratings go up. Watch. I hadn't watched her, nor Fox for months, but I tuned in last night.

Old 03-30-2018, 06:01 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Spotted a story on Yahoo about Camera Hogg calling for a boycott of Laura Ingraham's advertisers because she called him names.
You sure enjoy ridiculing a teenager. Does he make you uncomfortable?

Old 03-30-2018, 06:02 AM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If anyone told me a year ago that conservatives would start making personal attacks on high-school aged shooting survivors I would - well, I would have believed them. Opposing voices must be silenced.
They ceases to be innocent children and victims when they decided to play ball and go political with thier victimhood. What they are is simply more leftist arguing to take away more of my Rights gauranteed by the constitution. Run with the big dogs and you might get bit.....you cannot launch the political attacks they are launching and expect to use thier tender ages as a shield, it just does not work that way.

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
He's a hypocrite and a child. Children rally behind children.
He's a 17-year-old who is absolutely fearless. He is not afraid, of the NRA, Laura Ingraham, or anything else. This was all a ploy to try to find his Achilles heel, and it failed. He stood up and spit in the face of his attacker, and backed her down quickly.

That's what's really bugging all of you, isn't it...?

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I bet her ratings go up. Watch. I hadn't watched her, nor Fox for months, but I tuned in last night.
Short term maybe.....but it isn't about ratings...it's about ad dollars. If she can't sell ad time doesn't matter what her ratings are.......that's the truth.

And sponsors are clearly saying they don't want to spend ad dollars on her show.

Old 03-30-2018, 06:04 AM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The same cost Hillary the 2016 election. He might learn. Eventually. Maybe.
Learn what? He already shoved Laura Ingraham off a financial cliff when she attacked him.

I'd say she's the one who ought to learn to only pick on someone she can handle. He's doing fine.

Old 03-30-2018, 06:05 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
One can attack a person's actions and opinions, or one can attack the person. What does Ingraham harping on somebody's grades add to the discourse?
Hogg, himself, tied it into the issue when he lamented that he should have been accepted despite his lack of academic credentials because "he's changing the world."

Come on, people. Use critical thinking skills. Hogg, himself, injected his whiny college rejection tweets into the debate by invoking his self-declared status of "changing the world."

Old 03-30-2018, 06:11 AM

45,336 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Hogg, himself, tied it into the issue when he lamented that he should have been accepted despite his lack of academic credentials because "he's changing the world."

Come on, people. Use critical thinking skills. Hogg, himself, injected his whiny college rejection tweets into the debate by invoking his self-declared status of "changing the world."
That's a point that many posters, as well as Hogg himself, have missed. While his GPA is good his SAT score is mediocre, especially for UCLA, for an out of state hopeful.

All, or almost all, elite state schools have similar criteria for out of state students. Also mentioned earlier was that acceptance and rejection decisions were made, and letters prepared, prior to his notoriety.

Old 03-30-2018, 06:12 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:

4.1 is not bad. Can't get to that without taking advanced subjects and passing. Better than I did in high school.

Everyone should reach higher, and so he did. Just because his first preferences didn't work out doesn't mean he has no options, there are hundreds of excellent schools he could go to.

Ridiculing him for his grades is a cheap shot which only gets traction with poorly informed people who probably couldn't have dreamed of a 4.1 average when they were in school.

Old 03-30-2018, 06:13 AM

5,102 posts, read 2,047,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Learn what? He already shoved Laura Ingraham off a financial cliff when she attacked him.

I'd say she's the one who ought to learn to only pick on someone she can handle. He's doing fine.
I guess he's doing fine thanks to the rich white men behind him who supported him and who are hidden behind the curtains. Sometimes I think of that quote from the movie Rush Hour 2 might have some part of truth, if they can finance Black Lives Matter why not March for our lives?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gp9QE3prHs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies