Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2018, 10:29 AM

46,177 posts, read 26,897,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Yep, imagine that !!! A teenage boy acting like a teenage boy !!!

You should have seen some of the stuff I did when I was that age ! (and I bet the same can be said for everyone on here)

Sorry, but I would have made a statement like my "F'n parents" as hogg did, I'd been on the ground, just as can be said for everyone on here...well, accept millennials....

Old 03-30-2018, 10:31 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,575,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
The right is really full of a bunch of snowflakes. The words of children scare them to death.
Is that the BS line MSNBC is pushing on their ignorant viewers? Or is it CNN?

Old 03-30-2018, 10:33 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,870,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Sorry, but I would have made a statement like my "F'n parents" as hogg did, I'd been on the ground, just as can be said for everyone on here...well, accept millennials....
It's except. And he's not a millennial.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:34 AM

21,431 posts, read 7,390,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
She never apologized. All she did was whine because he ran all her advertisers off.
Quite so!

Her whiney statement was no apology. No genuine remorse and no admission of wrong. She could use a thorough examination of conscience, but she won't.

She's just a moaning dog ...

Old 03-30-2018, 10:35 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,731,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Oh yeah, it is SO much better to have Donald Trump using every 4 letter word in the book, talking about grabbing women's genitals, and discussing what a POA his daughter is with Howard Stern.

Double standard, much ?

Old 03-30-2018, 10:37 AM

4,128 posts, read 2,815,136 times
That apology sure came quick.

17 year old kid - 1
Fox News Commentator - 0

Who’s the “beta” again?

Old 03-30-2018, 10:38 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,767,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
It's ok for hypocrites like Hogg to insult Republicans and old people, but the moment someone mentions his whining about not getting accepted to the UC system, he throws a hissy fit.

I have lost ALL respect for Ingraham for 'apologizing' (wasn't a real apology but anyways) to Hogg. Trump would NEVER have apologized to a hypocritical snob like Hogg. This guy has narcissism and arrogance written all over him and I forsee more news from him in the future as he tries to extend his 15 minutes of fame.
Trump is the otherside to same coin based on how you describe Hogg. He is a hypocritical arrogant narcissist. You check out the dictionary, his picture is under all three entries. Just look at his talk to Congress about them being scared by the NRA. What does he do, caves to the NRA.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:38 AM

21,431 posts, read 7,390,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
The right is really full of a bunch of snowflakes. The words of children scare them to death.
Is that the BS line MSNBC is pushing on their ignorant viewers? Or is it CNN?
I don't watch either one, ever. I don't even have a television. I read the BBC online.

I can make up my own opinion and that's how I see it, it's pretty obvious these young people have got you guys unnerved.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:39 AM

20,655 posts, read 8,412,211 times
Just give it time. Camera Hogg will say or do something out of his sense of grandiose entitlement that even the Left will kick him to the curb. DUI, physical altercation, insulting a prominent Dem. If he's straight, a fawning female fan who will be used and tossed aside. " Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

Old 03-30-2018, 10:42 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,348,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
I'm fully aware of bullying. lol! We deal with it in our house. My son just reported an actual death threat he was sent. My daughter was bullied on our front porch. I've had to step in and go talk to parents about issues concerning bullying between our kids.
And I worked in public education for several years and have attended numerous trainings on bullying. Most students never bully another child during their school career. Most students will at some point pick on another student however that’s not the same as bullying. I’m sorry about your sons situation, but bullying happens over a prolonged period and is repeated attacks. Most kids don’t make that kind of effort to go after someone.

Quote:
He put himself into the spotlight. No matter how you sugar coat it.
I have no sympathy for this kid and my statements about social media are actually quite spot on.

So disrespectful teens are not the problem.

For your viewing pleasure...this is todays kids strait from Hogg's twitter page.
https://twitter.com/davidhogg111/sta...49410803421184
You were linking his prevalence on social media to his status as a symbol. That’s not how he rose to where he is. He uses it as part of his platform but it’s not why he is where he is. He’s nearly a legal adult, expecting his parents to step in at this point is borderline helicopter parenting.

I never said you should feel sympathy for him. However he has experienced something horrific and that is something you clearly cannot empathize with. Your citing a tweet from last summer which simply highlights that he is still a teenager and teenagers push boundaries. It’s what they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies