Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2018, 04:18 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Those are the ten most frequently reoccurring out of maybe fifty total. Some of those are one shots to see if they will get a response. Advertisers try ads in different markets to see who's interested. We have no way of knowing how many of those will be back again, but we do have a current count of the biggest players this week.

This is the list of Laura Ingraham's top sponsors. They numbered sixteen as of today.

Hulu, Johnson and Johnson, Nestle, TripAdvisor, Wayfair, Expedia, Joseph A. Bank, and Nutrish dropped her today. We have a list now. We'll revisit this next Thursday and see how many are left.

@Bayer
@LibertyMutual
@Nutrisystem
@ChoiceHotels
@JennyCraig
@Arbys
@carsdotcom
@carvana
@DIRECTV
@Duracell
@esurance
@Honda
@ibm
@kayak
@LQ
@LincolnMotorCo
Down 14 as of this afternoon.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/advertise...185137268.html

Old 03-30-2018, 04:18 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,239,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Frankly I agree with this guy [NSFW]
https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/dear-david-hogg/
You mean that corny cringe inducing Canadian comedian Steven Crowder.

Old 03-30-2018, 04:20 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Do you not see where I mention being in the VFW? Perhaps you do not understand the requirements to be the VFW????

Those eligible for membership in the VFW are those that have received a campaign medal for overseas service; have served 30 consecutive or 60 non-consecutive days in Korea; or have ever received hostile fire or imminent danger pay.
https://vfwauxiliary.org/join-us/eli...y-information/

If you are really interested mine was for being in a CAC during Operation Ernest Will...
Well, then, my apologies, ford. I respect your opinion on gun rights.

Old 03-30-2018, 04:20 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Actually some of them do need these weapons because they are likely terrible marksman and could not hit the side of a barn with a cannon ball if it were not for these weapons. That is the dirty little secret of many of them.
There's that and of course, the pitiful size of their man-hoods.

Old 03-30-2018, 04:25 PM

8,927 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
people talk how they have this right and that right, that not the case. the government is we the people, the right to bear arms, is not government telling the people that government is giving you this right.

government doesnt have the authority to give rights, the bill of right is we the people telling government, you cant touch this. so only the mass public can design to stop gun rights, not the government.

rights are giving by god, for all, so government must answer to the people that holds the rights, not government.

the purpose of the right was to keep the government from disarming the public , to keep from the public controlling the government. without arms, the government becomes a dictatorship. The second amendment controls, check and balance, with the democratic liberal do not want. They want total control.
Exactly.

BTW:
Quote:
Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom. Congress has no power to disarm the militia. Their swords and every terrible implement of the soldier are the birthright of Americans. - Tench Coxe
The Supreme Court is not the final arbiter,
and most people don't want to be sent to the One Who Is.

Old 03-30-2018, 04:27 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times
I am proud to say that I have not patronized any of the companies listed on camera hogg's boycott list that have actually dropped sponsorship!

I wonder how many of his followers use ATT by the way.

Old 03-30-2018, 04:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
So you agree these is such a thing as an assault weapon. Good to know.

Full auto ain't for hunting.
Not to be confused with the Modern Sporting Rifle, in semi-auto.
Defined in the 1934 FA Act.

Old 03-30-2018, 04:35 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
David Hogg will soon call for MSNBC boycotts after one of their hosts attacked his classmate.
Don't hold you breath on that - If it wasn't for Double Standards, Leftists would have NO Standards at all.

Old 03-30-2018, 04:52 PM

8,927 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Well, then, my apologies, ford. I respect your opinion on gun rights.
You should learn more about the Constitution.
And the background, about why we have a 2nd amendment.
(especially considering your open mind about your significant other)

A couple short articles - a good place to start:
Key To Understanding the Constitution - KrisAnne Hall

And this is good reading too.
A Brief History of British Gun Control, (or, How to Disarm the Law Abiding Populace by Stealth), by P.A. Luty
It shows that, in spite of British Law almost identical
to the US 2nd Amendment, the British people were
disarmed in an incremental series of small steps almost
identical to the steps the gun grabbers are employing
in the U.S.

It explains why we should never give an inch,
and why we should be prepared to give our
lives in defense against domestic enemies.

Old 03-30-2018, 05:11 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Munching tide pods and trying to figure out what bathroom to use.

I would remind everyone that Laura Ingram didn't start this business about Hogg's college rejections.
Hogg started it when he gave interviews about it 2 days before she tweeted and he tweeted about his rejections and his scores 2 days before she did anything.

He is a Brat and a pawn of George Soros and Media Matters.

Now he says he will accept the apology she made (which she should have never done) IF she will denounce on air and on twitter Fox News.
More advertisers drop Laura Ingraham's Fox News show over David Hogg tweet
At least 14 advertisers say they are pulling their ads from Laura Ingraham’s primetime show on Fox News after the host mocked the Parkland, Fla., teen shooting survivor and activist David Hogg for receiving rejection letters from multiple colleges.

The latest companies to pull their ads from the show are Office Depot, the Atlantis, Paradise Island resort in the Bahamas, Progressive insurance, and the global investment group Principal.

In a statement to the Hill, the Atlantis said it “does not support or agree with the recent comments” made by Ingraham, the conservative firebrand.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/advertise...185137268.html

The advertisers don't seem to think what she did was a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies