Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2018, 07:33 PM

9,506 posts, read 4,342,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Cars aren't designed to kill. They have another primary function, which is how they are used by the majority of people. Automatic weapons have only one primary function--to mow down as many people as possible in as short a time as possible.

Is that something you are capable of comprehending?
Guns aren't designed to kill. They're designed to fire a projectile at a target. Some deranged people use guns to kill people, just as some deranged people use cars to kill people.

Automatic weapons are rarely used in crimes and aren't particularly good at "mowing people down". Facts are your friend.

Is that something you are capable of comprehending?

Old 03-31-2018, 07:35 PM

9,506 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Conservatives love to be the bully. They are some sick people.
Oh, the irony. The left is currently the biggest bunch of bullies this country has ever witnessed. It' like the Salem witch trials on a nationwide basis.

Old 03-31-2018, 07:35 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Lol. Arby's? Good--Arby's sucks. If Amazon can handle the fat orange turd in the WH bullying it, surely Arby's will survive.

And it is a lot more serious that a so-called president is using his bully pulpit to bash companies and screw with the stock--cannot believe it is even legal.
Exactly, but they will have no problems with that.

Old 03-31-2018, 07:36 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
If anyone told me a year ago that liberals would shamelessly manipulate and exploit traumatized children I would - well, I would have have believed them.
Well, if you're really going to push the cockamamie idea that the Parkland survivors are somehow victims of manipulation and exploitation, surely that would make personal attacks on them even more reprehensible.

Old 03-31-2018, 07:37 PM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
A normal person would never have commented on his statement on national TV in the first place, nor would a normal adult have stooped to attempting to bully a teenager. A normal teenager would probably not have fought back, and the businesses which normally supported her would have had no reason to revisit their ad buying position.

I wonder if she realizes how much free publicity she and Fox gave him? And I wonder if Fox understands that the Parkland Survivors are in the process of redefining what is "normal" in national conversations?
Sure she shouldn't have said he was whining, even though she was being truthful. Saying it was a hand slap offense, at most a week or so off with no pay. Getting her fired / going after ads is over the top. I really don't care about her, personally, it's the situation that I care about. If firing people for speaking the truth is the 'new normal' then we are in major trouble as a country.

Old 03-31-2018, 07:39 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
I'm terrified of grown adults who want to amend the US Constitution based on the rantings of a traumatized child. I could give a crap less about guns. What I do care about is irrational hysteria. That would be you.
We have wanted the same things since Columbine, but never were able to keep it on top of the news cycles. Thes kids are succeeding where we failed, and we support them wholeheartedly with our voices, our presence, and our money. They are the future of America, and they are going to change the way the country does business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
A normal person would never have commented on his statement on national TV in the first place, nor would a normal adult have stooped to attempting to bully a teenager. A normal teenager would probably not have fought back, and the businesses which normally supported her would have had no reason to revisit their ad buying position.

I wonder if she realizes how much free publicity she and Fox gave him? And I wonder if Fox understands that the Parkland Survivors are in the process of redefining what is "normal" in national conversations?
Too bad I can't give you anymore rep points.

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times
Quote:
I'm terrified of grown adults who want to amend the US Constitution based on the rantings of a traumatized child. I could give a crap less about guns. What I do care about is irrational hysteria. That would be you.
Such a delicate little snowflake, seeing hysteria everywhere you look.

Old 03-31-2018, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
just wondering, if these people hate laura so much, why are they watching the show to see if the advertiser has cancel yet, why dont they just boycott the show itself and turn the channel, let those that enjoy the show, enjoy the arby commericals too. they dont have to eat at arby
You don't have to watch the show to get that information, all have to do is google it. Also MSNBC had a list of all the advertisers who drop the show, and CNN.

Old 03-31-2018, 07:43 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
The rights seems terrified of this kid.
Well, he's white, middle-class, and fairly well-spoken. Right-wing media doesn't do well with angry white kids. If he was black he'd be a thug, if he was latino he could be linked to illegal immigration or Cuba, if he was a Muslim - aww, man, that would have been so easy. But they have no formula for this, they're kinda winging it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies