U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2018, 12:29 PM

6,777 posts, read 2,490,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I'm not a member of anyone's congregation, but you sure are sounding like a member of Ingraham's congregation.
I have listened to exactly 3 minutes of Ingraham in the last 20 years. I don't like either side's cable news shriek-fest outlets (FNC for the right, MSNBC/CNN/etc for the left), and I generally only watch Netflix and sports. I find her just as boorish and silly as I find Hogg and his protester ilk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Here's the bottom line. Ingraham didn't rebut Hogg. She attacked him. On a personal level. She tried to demean him by suggesting that he's a failure. It was low and mean. What schools he applied to, and whether his applications were accepted have NOTHING to do with the gun debate. NOTHING. Her sole reason for bringing it up was to demean him. That is not on any moral high ground. That's mucking it up in the slime pit.

He didn't attack Ingraham. He didn't make negative remarks about her looks. He didn't describe her as an old hag. He made remarks pertinent to the gun debate. We are all entitled to make remarks about the gun debate, and since he's been affected personally, his remarks have more traction in the media. If Ingraham wanted to maintain her professionalism, she would have rebutted his remarks. Instead, she took the bully route. And since she has a podium, she should try to maintain a high standard for how she uses that podium.

You can defend her all you want by trying to say that neither has a moral high ground. But nothing you say will rebut the facts. She was way out of line. WAY out of line.
I don't listen to either person, but they both started in the mud and are trying to claim who is more or less dirty. Neither has inherent moral authority. Neither, in this particular case, is debating the ideas or arguments of the other, settling instead for various forms of ad hominem attacks.

It's just pointless bickering.

7,293 posts, read 4,386,481 times
For those who seemed to have missed it: this morning, Laura Ingraham apologized to David Hogg for her comments about his college rejections.

Fox's Laura Ingraham apologizes to David Hogg

3,512 posts, read 2,211,289 times
I haven't paid any attention to all this, I just wonder whether the Dems will run him for the House or the Senate, assuming he graduates from college.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:30 PM

10,930 posts, read 5,004,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If Hogg didn't want to open himself up to deserved criticism, he had the choice to not self-centeredly make a spectacle of himself by going after an inanimate object and bullying the millions of law-abiding people who own such.
How are his GPA, grades, and admissions records "deserved criticism"????

Please, help me understand.

MY God man...it is so easy to understand how irrelevant these attacks are.

If you want to "rebut" him, how about you (general you, not you specifically) make arguments that are actually a rebut of the actual issues?

Old 03-29-2018, 12:30 PM

66,240 posts, read 30,160,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Oh yeah, he whined.
He did. How do you think everyone knows about it?

Old 03-29-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
He didnít whine. They directly asked him about it and he answered. He even kind of laughed at the end.
Read his tweets. He whined about it. To the public.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:34 PM

2,669 posts, read 4,478,882 times
So let me get this strait, a 17 year old wants to run with the big dogs but does not want his feelings to be hurt....with facts he stated? Yet, he can go after them...sounds about right with today's mindsets.

Hogg and his friend on Bill Mahr even called themselves "experts". They even stated that they don't have to be respectful to people? Please. That is part of what is wrong with the kids of today is that they LACK respect. Some of the other comments they made showed that they are kids and they need to focus on their education before they make more uniformed comments than what they have.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
English not your first language?
Why did Hogg verbally attack law-abiding citizens? What's the point of that other than to express animosity?

Old 03-29-2018, 12:35 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,386,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
I haven't paid any attention to all this, I just wonder whether the Dems will run him for the House or the Senate, assuming he graduates from college.
Under the U.S. Constitution, he can't run for the House until he is 25 or the Senate until he turns 30.

A lot can change in 8 to 13 years, so I wouldn't worry my head off about it now.

(By the way, a college degree is not a Constitutional requirement to be a U.S. Congressperson, Senator, Vice President or President.)

Old 03-29-2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
but can one fit a car in their pocket or pant leg?
Can an AR-15 fit in one's pocket? How did Cruz get into the school carrying one in the first place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or