U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2018, 08:53 AM

30,874 posts, read 19,422,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
He hid in a closet according to news reportx
Many teens there did play dead next to their fallen classmates. Hogg and the entire class had to jam themselves into a closet which was hot. While in there, they could hear the gunfire and had no idea if they would be targeted (closet is not protection against gunfire from an AR-15). When the class finally believed it was safe to leave, they had to walk past dead friends and classmates with blood everywhere!

Don't minimize this horrendous experience our children have to go through!

Old 04-04-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Someone should ask Hogg that if he had a gun, would he have tried to stop the shooter?
Damn! The school officer had a gun and didn't stop the shooter! Four police with guns responded to the scene and did not stop the shooter! You expect a student to do what the adults, whose profession is to stop a shooter, wouldn't do?

Old 04-04-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
It seems that his time in the spotlight has drawn to a close.(and so has this thread)

He did accomplish a few good things ..
Better security in his school, even though it's not appreciated.
Hopefully other schools will follow by putting in better security.
Hogg and a select few were offered a sweet deal from NM State.
David Hogg Accepted at New Mexico State University | TMZ.com

It's a pity he and the others didn't bother speaking to legislators while they were in DC. I don't know why they didn't. It's not like they didn't have people to set that up for them. (I guess maybe because they didn't have a plan, and slogans really don't go anywhere)

Has anyone heard if Parkland or other schools have dropped that seriously flawed school leniency policy of obama's? Let's hope that any schools that are using it will drop it like a steaming hot pile of crap. Did people not even bother to realize that policy would lead to something like the shooting? Did they jump on board simply because it came from obama?

Good luck to the survivors. I hope your future turns out the way you want it to.
Nope, these students have only begun!

Quote:
Town halls are being planned in states across the U.S. while members of Congress are on a two-week break and back in their home districts. Students hope to apply more pressure for effective gun control. They hope to hold the meetings on April 7.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ers/463345002/

Old 04-04-2018, 09:43 AM

26,024 posts, read 18,808,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
How many teens, do you know of, lay in the blood of their fallen classmates while a psychopath continued to fire off an AR-15? When you have a similar experience, you can judge how a teen would react. Until then, I don't think you have a right to judge.
hogg lay in blood? source?

Old 04-04-2018, 10:19 AM

12,359 posts, read 7,702,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Many teens there did play dead next to their fallen classmates. Hogg and the entire class had to jam themselves into a closet which was hot. While in there, they could hear the gunfire and had no idea if they would be targeted (closet is not protection against gunfire from an AR-15). When the class finally believed it was safe to leave, they had to walk past dead friends and classmates with blood everywhere!

Don't minimize this horrendous experience our children have to go through!
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Please read the post quoted above yours and take to heart the last sentence.

Old 04-04-2018, 10:19 AM

65,948 posts, read 33,420,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
All self-loading firearms were banned in Australia in 1996, and all handguns unless they were required in the line of duty or as part of your employment. There are still exceptions, but they are strictly controlled. There are more firearms in circulation in Australia today than there were then, and nobody there seems to have any problems with hunting or personal protection.

I would happily give up my guns if it would mean the end of mass shootings.

In the days of the semi auto rifle ban in the 90's, Columbine happened.
What type of guns were used in the one that has kicked off the copycats?

Then before Sandy Hook and Vegas, no semi-auto rifle was used. It was hand guns.

32 killed - April 16, 2007 - Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia. A gunman, 23-year-old student Seung-Hui Cho, goes on a shooting spree killing 32 people in two locations and wounding an undetermined number of others on campus. The shooter then commits suicide.

We have our guns for a much different reason, than all other nations on earth. Not just for sport and not just for hunting. They are there to protect ourselves individually from all forms of oppression. Bullies to tyrants. I as an individual are just as solvent as the English Prime minister and even Vlad Putin. You are your own army here.

Old 04-04-2018, 10:37 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,399,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You guys are terrified. Of a high school kid and his classmates. Indignation would not keep David Hogg on top of the news cycles for days on end. If he had not defended himself, the whole thing would have passed without notice. The fact that he did and was successful is giving a lot of RW talking heads the willies.

They don't make Keyboard Kommandos like they used to.
Bwaaaa haaaw hawww hawww. ROFLMAO.

His flash in the pan celebrity is pretty much over at this point unless some other left wing whacko group needs another useful idiot to use as a shill again. Keep backing these loons and manipulators, it's really working out well for y'all!

Old 04-04-2018, 10:37 AM

34,505 posts, read 28,710,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
And gun ownership age to 21, right?
And eligibility for military service to 21.

Old 04-04-2018, 10:38 AM

34,505 posts, read 28,710,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
OK. But what constitutes a "verbal attack"? That's pretty subjective to me. What may harm me might not affect someone else at all.

And speaking of "verbal attacks", wouldn't that include words that cause harm? Such as causing her to lose advertisers? So I'm pretty sure she only criticized him, not attacked him, since it didn't, nor was it meant to, cause him harm. He, on the other hand, said things that were meant to cause her harm. That would be an attack.

I personally adhere to what my mother told me: sticks and bones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me.
Your mother was wrong.

Old 04-04-2018, 10:39 AM

33,749 posts, read 18,351,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
I asked the same question....

Get ready for the "definitions" of lay and lie and blah blah blah.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or