U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2018, 04:25 PM

32,205 posts, read 16,541,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It was one of those weaselly "apologies," in which she never apologized for what she said, but only for any "upset or hurt" her words caused. And she claims she did so "in the spirit of Holy Week."

But the real reason was not because she was genuinely sorry, but in a futile attempt to stem the hemorrhaging of her advertisers. Which does not appear to have worked.
If you worship mammon, as is the case with most people like her, the connection is probably more clear.

Old 03-29-2018, 04:26 PM

10,930 posts, read 5,014,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Hogg inserted himself into the argument. Too late to pull the "I'm just a kid" excuse.

And yes, the 1st amendment means I can say what I want to anyone. Just like Hogg can.
Sure, you can say whatever you want. But if you want to be taken seriously, why not respond with something relevant and on topic?

Old 03-29-2018, 04:27 PM

1,598 posts, read 395,793 times
I wonder what would be the uproar if Matt Stone and Trey Parker do a South Park episode parodying David Hogg?

Old 03-29-2018, 04:28 PM

26,306 posts, read 12,797,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Thanks for proving my point.

This thread was created to mock a teen, and makes apologies for hordes of others who mocked the teen. When reasonable people pointed out how reprehensible that is, the deplorables who were just mocking kids, deflect by pointing to TWO examples of Barron Trump being mocked...meanwhile, no one in the left defends that behavior. Whataboutism.
LOL. I also notice this from the 2 examples:

A best-selling children’s book author and “Jeopardy!” champion is under fire for mocking

and

After coming under fire from other Twitter users, Ms. Rich deleted her

Notice that folks? Thats because its wrong.

So they are literally holding up 2 examples where people were under fire for acting badly, and using that to justify themselves doing similar things.

Old 03-29-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
When do I get the spotlight?
Perhaps when you verbalize something the country is interested in hearing.

Old 03-29-2018, 04:33 PM

799 posts, read 290,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
I wonder what would be the uproar if Matt Stone and Trey Parker do a South Park episode parodying David Hogg?
They already have:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRHlwBtW560

Old 03-29-2018, 04:35 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,277,050 times
Quote:

This thread was created to mock a teen, and makes apologies for hordes of others who mocked the teen. When reasonable people pointed out how reprehensible that is, the deplorables who were just mocking kids, deflect by pointing to TWO examples of Barron Trump being mocked...meanwhile, no one in the left defends that behavior. Whataboutism.
It wasn't two examples; it was at least four.

The point is, the left is upset about 17 year old who voluntarily inserted himself into political debate and the national spotlight.

But the left not upset about mean spirited attacks on an 11 year old who has nothing to do with any of this.

And then you try to deflect by saying it's "whataboutism".

Laura I. is losing sponsors and the left feels that is well deserved. For calling someone "whiny".
FGS.

Nothing happened to any of the people who mocked Barron Trump. And he was called things 10 times worse than "whiny".

Old 03-29-2018, 04:37 PM

5,877 posts, read 2,369,959 times
Widdle feeeeewwings were hurt Exhibt"A" "CIC"

Quote:

The only CHIEF of "Widdle Feewwings hurt" is their CIC/ aka POTUS> He hits at everybody regardless how PETTY!! Yet somehow SHUTS his face when some affair from 12 years ago pipes up! Hasn't his diehard supporters realized.. POTUS (DJT) is an empty SUIT .. you know that "Wizard of OZ" tiny pathetic individual behind that curtain!!

DJT and his pathetic ones who blame teenagers and those less privileged and condemn their rights is simply deplorable. Course I seem to recall the reference of " Basket of Deplorable's" referenced to over 2 years ago!

I swear we have a large portion of that basket located here on this site.. LOL!! I always used the rule of thumb.. Take it from where it comes... and when it noted that 20% + outsourced "Trolls" from foreign entities .. is NOTHING ... Majority of American Voter's actually do care about issues like this. IMPORTANT: The VOTE is whitewall "Right the SHIP" !! Best just Smile and chuckle at such threads like this.. It's nothing more than panic blogging.. trying to support aPOTUS who has so many legalizes and ZERO lawyers on multi fronts to defend him!

Claiming victim is ALL DJT can do.. as is his usual Cultists!! This thread solidified the TRUE FEAR they are reacting to!! BTW~~ There is a REASON DJT HID under the covers this past week!!

Old 03-29-2018, 04:42 PM

Come to think of it - seems like the headline is a pretty letter-perfect example of the tired strategy of "They're fighting back! - that makes us the victims!"

Old 03-29-2018, 04:43 PM

1,122 posts, read 784,836 times
Little soy boy needs to close his mouth for the weekend and get a chocolate bunny for his Easter basket, or dye some hard boiled eggs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or