U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2018, 07:16 PM

8,665 posts, read 2,698,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
The young man made a choice to become a public figure. He made a choice to become a target for those who disagree with what he has to say.
In my opinion he has has a foul mouth and his parents should be ashamed of how poorly they raised their son in that regard. As my Grandfather used to say "It's a small man that needs profanity to express themselves."
He has a right to his opinion and to state it. He even has a right to use foul language. The rest of us have the right to not respect how he delivers his message or him for his delivery.
I agree with using foul language in speaking to the public. I personally wouldn't do it. And you have every right not to listen.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:18 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,640,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Unbelievable that some companies actually enabled this narcissist Hogg and dropped their advertisement.

I see absolutely NOTHING wrong with what Ingram posted.

Please stop enabling and coddling these self important narcissist 'activist heroes.'
She didn't post anything of substance.

Her maturity level was less than that of a child.

Hoping more advertisers dump her. Then maybe she'll rely on intelligence more than trying to be a funny person.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:19 PM

4,033 posts, read 3,262,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
A lot of them do. Especially the politicians who are bought by the NRA and who refuse to enact any common sense gun reform. It's about time for a change.
Every single gun law that is ALREADY in place did not do anything. Authorities knew about Cruz and did nothing.

What would more gun laws accomplish?

Sure change is needed: to the FBI, to the police, to the school system, to the treatment of the mentally ill, to the overprescription of medication to school aged children.

Let's go ahead and discuss those things, shall we?

Old 03-29-2018, 07:21 PM

8,665 posts, read 2,698,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Every single gun law that is ALREADY in place did not do anything. Authorities knew about Cruz and did nothing.

What would more gun laws accomplish?

Sure change is needed: to the FBI, to the police, to the school system, to the treatment of the mentally ill, to the overprescription of medication to school aged children.

Let's go ahead and discuss those things, shall we?
Yes, I think those things should be discussed as well.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:25 PM

8,498 posts, read 5,318,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I've said it once, I'll say it again. Trump supporters have zero redeemable qualities.
Don't worry these kids aren't going anywhere. they will be here long after these people are gone, doing what they have to do. And the others will be too old and feeble to even have the strength to even lift their guns.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:28 PM

2,015 posts, read 1,507,582 times
The only difference in Hogg and every other gun control advocate is his indignant attitude and delivery. He sounds like a loud mouthed rowdy redneck. The media keeps giving this guy the limelight, maybe they should take note of the Ingraham situation and drop his clown act altogether. He seems to think that presenting himself as some type of victim makes him sacrosanct.

And what 17 year old kid knows anything about anything? Wait 'til he gets out of safe public school/academia and into the real world where the name of the game is to produce something of value or be tossed into the street.

He's just another hyper-emotional noise maker who thinks he can change the world by having nothing more than an opinion.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:29 PM

10,465 posts, read 3,943,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I could not agree more. When Hillary called them a basket of deplorables, she was being kind. Some of them are downright despicable . When they start attacking young people, who have been through events no person, let alone a child, should ever see, it really shows what these people are made of.

Next time you ask yourself how a lying, cheating, ugly natured man like Donald Trump ever got anyone to vote for him, remember this thread. He is cut from the same cloth as a lot of his supporters.
He won because as bad as Trump is, Hillary and her supporters on the Democrat left are even worse.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:31 PM

7,249 posts, read 5,560,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
She didn't post anything of substance.

Her maturity level was less than that of a child.

Hoping more advertisers dump her. Then maybe she'll rely on intelligence more than trying to be a funny person.
Indeed, although it's not clear to me that she's capable of much more. She's been making a name for herself by operating deep down in the gutter all the way back to college.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:32 PM

4,033 posts, read 3,262,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Don't worry these kids aren't going anywhere. they will be here long after these people are gone, doing what they have to do. And the others will be too old and feeble to even have the strength to even lift their guns.
Fortunately plenty of us "old and feeble" Trump supporters are raising our children to see through the liberal propaganda.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:38 PM

1,039 posts, read 400,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
WOW....hemorrhaging....what she lost 5 now maybe?

Funny, the left is calling for sincerity....you must be one of them deplorable people...oh, wait....you voted for her....
Goodness gracious, this is not a complicated issue AT ALL.

Fact: Laura I. wrote a nasty tweet about Hogg
Fact: Advertisers started dropping her in reaction to her tweet
Fact: Laura I. issued a very public apology for her tweet

She either kowtowed to the network because pressure from advertisers was very much REAL and SIGNIFICANT, or she genuinely realized the grave error in her behavior, or both. Whatever the reason, she apologized, which shows she is more in touch with business reality and/or more cognizant of her egregious behavior than bloviating Hogg-triggered haters who troll the internet.

Those are the facts. There is no need to drag in discussions entirely irrelevant to this episode - like Barron et al. Good grief, get over it Hogg-haters. Laura apologized. Take a cue from her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or