U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2018, 07:16 AM

15,711 posts, read 9,184,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Obama and Holder responsible - such selective perception. Anyone can go to a Gun show and buy AR15s or handguns with zero checks. Every time anyone even proposed doing something they are attacked and money is funneled to their opposition. If guns kept anyone safe, US would be the safest country on earth.

I'll just leave this here.

America's gun culture in 10 charts - BBC News
Well, that's a lie. And Cruz would have been red flagged if he'd had a record. Which did not happen because of Obama's policy.

All school shootings happen in gun free zones. So guns aren't able to keep anyone safe there.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:17 AM

18,008 posts, read 10,040,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
He whined that he should have been accepted because he claims he's "changing the world." He opened himself up to all the criticism he's received.
So did Laura. I wonder who got hurt the worse...?

He really is, you know. What are you doing to change the world?

Old 03-30-2018, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The gun rights activists downright disgust me with the tweets against David Hoggs and Emma Gonzalez. It is disgusting not just that they attack young people but rather the how they attack them. Ingraham attacked Hoggs over being rejected by colleges meanwhile we have a lot of kids going into college. Emma was attacked for wearing a "military jacket" with the Cuban flag on it, despite the fact she is Cuban.
Emma was attacked for wearing a flag from a country that disarmed their citizens before slaughtering them, while calling for the disarming of US citizens.

She's not Cuban. She's American.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Now THERE'S an unbiased source...

Moonbattery - Conservapedia

Old 03-30-2018, 07:20 AM

26,661 posts, read 5,640,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If anyone told me a year ago that conservatives would start making personal attacks on high-school aged shooting survivors I would - well, I would have believed them. Opposing voices must be silenced.

Glad so many sponsors boycotting her show.....

Old 03-30-2018, 07:21 AM

Quote:
No. They don't whine about how colleges should accept them despite their subpar academic credentials because they're supposedly "changing the world."
They aren't the "school shooting" generation. They're the American Idol generation. "I deserve to be a singing star, despite the fact that I'm tone deaf, because I work really hard, and want it really bad, and my family all says I'm a special little snowflake."

Old 03-30-2018, 07:21 AM

66,179 posts, read 30,022,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Well, that's a lie. And Cruz would have been red flagged if he'd had a record. Which did not happen because of Obama's policy.
That. ^

And I've posted the info from Broward officials themselves, and a Broward official stating they were making schools more dangerous under such a policy:

Info in this post

Old 03-30-2018, 07:22 AM

66,179 posts, read 30,022,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
So did Laura. I wonder who got hurt the worse...?
Laura whined about not being accepted to colleges? Where?

Old 03-30-2018, 07:25 AM

2,898 posts, read 1,515,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
I'm sure Mr. Triangle Face can handle the criticism. He's one tough talker, after all.

Lest we forget...he has voluntarily placed himself squarely into the public eye, and consequently, we can only assume that he has prepared himself for the inevitable blowback that he must have known would arise therefrom.
These types of rational are the problem. Maybe you don't blowback yourself, but the expectation of a blowback means that people don't learn from history. It divides people.

As far as Hogg, he is just taking a page from the culture he is raised in. Somebody says or does something you don't like, take away resources from them, whether it be money or human connections. It's what is expected from people who do this.

Both sides use negative consequences on each other. If you change this reaction, you have a different culture. Forget lib vs. conservative as the main difference.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:25 AM

Quote:
That should be news to many. /sarcasm.

I'll just post this here:

https://www.atf.gov/file/56651/download

Any other completely uninformed people want to speak up?
Come to Columbia, South Carolina for the next gun show at the Fair Grounds, and I will show you people selling guns without any sort of identification, documentation, or paperwork. "Private Sellers" are not required to do anything special in this state. The last gun I bought at a gun show here was a .22 S&W Kit Gun. I pulled my driver's license out and offered it to the seller, and he looked like I had just landed a spaceship in front of his table. He had no idea why I was showing it to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or