Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2018, 08:41 AM

88,768 posts, read 44,594,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
So you're publicly saying that you are Anti-American?
Why would I? What foreign flag have I worn in a public appearance? Emma Gonzales CHOSE to publicly support a regime that executed LGBTs by wearing the Cuban Flag on a very public stage. Judge that for what it's worth.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:41 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,173,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
The right wing is so triggered by one 17 year old kid. What snowflakes.

Nutrish is in the process of pulling their ads from Ingraham's show. Hopefully others will follow. That's how it started with O'Reilly. I remember several posters on here saying Fox would never cancel his show...
+1!

Old 03-30-2018, 08:42 AM

20,170 posts, read 24,284,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Laura Ingraham tried to demean him. Hogg fought back. She apologized because she's the one who crossed a line. Her advertisers wouldn't have dropped her if she hadn't.
Or, to put it another way, she sinned:

The Parkland Kids Are Like Pentecostal Child Preachers

Old 03-30-2018, 08:43 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,941,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Spotted a story on Yahoo about Camera Hogg calling for a boycott of Laura Ingraham's advertisers because she called him names.
Hogg is quickly becoming, or has become a white Al Sharpton! Running to the nearest camera to profit off of the FL tragedy any way he can.

Just you wait, this is only the start of this huckster's career, hopefully he'll be marginalized quicker than Al was...

Old 03-30-2018, 08:47 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,941,096 times
Quote:
Laura Ingraham tried to demean him. Hogg fought back. She apologized because she's the one who crossed a line. Her advertisers wouldn't have dropped her if she hadn't.
There's a line of B.S. <bold> Advertisers don't give a damn about right or wrong, they're chasing $$$$$$$$ and were afraid to be connected to any controversy swirling around the FL shooting. They'll be back sooner or later...

Hogg pulled an Al Sharpton, the far left's favorite tactic of screaming for a boycott. I'd bet if she promised to pay Hogg he'd shut right up.
Again, Hogg is a white l Sharpton.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:49 AM

14,465 posts, read 11,245,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
And he was heard. Problem solved.
Yes, he was soundly and publicly rejected by the UC System.

Problem solved.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:50 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I am not going to bother reading this entire thread, a quick scan was enough punishment, other than to state that's once again we have so-called adults acting like juveniles..no not juveniles - that is to generous - more like delinquents and bullies.

Adults beating up a teenager, how low can you go.

To these "adults" I say grow the hell up.

If you are going to jump right into the public sphere with both feet, and not expect any ridicule, just shows the immaturity level of the one making the big leap.

People of all ages must grow some brass balls, before leaping into the cesspool, with lies and deception, or their feelings are going to be destroyed. "I'm being bullied with truthbombs! You must agree with me, or I'm going to get you." -David Hoggwash

Old 03-30-2018, 08:54 AM

34,175 posts, read 18,482,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Nope. Emma CHOSE to wear the Cuban Flag in public, while being spotlighted in a very public address.She CHOSE to publicly support a regime that executed LGBTs by wearing the Cuban Flag in the public spotlight. Judge that for what it's worth.
Exactly. Next she'll be wearing a Che Guevera shirt, celebrating the life, and deeds of a murdering thug.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:56 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,808,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
There's a line of B.S. <bold> Advertisers don't give a damn about right or wrong, they're chasing $$$$$$$$ and were afraid to be connected to any controversy swirling around the FL shooting. They'll be back sooner or later...

Hogg pulled an Al Sharpton, the far left's favorite tactic of screaming for a boycott. I'd bet if she promised to pay Hogg he'd shut right up.
Again, Hogg is a white l Sharpton.
Advertisers aren't afraid to be connected to any controversy. They don't want to be connected to the person who's on the negative end of a controversy. Ingraham crossed a line she shouldn't have, and she was on the negative end of the controversy. Hence her apology.

The advertisers may or may not come back. If they get more revenue advertising elsewhere, they won't come back.

Hogg is Hogg. He's a high school student from a school where his schoolmates were killed by a school shooter. He's speaking out about his experience, and what he thinks about the existing policies in our nation that are supposed to prevent school shootings, and how he thinks those policies can be improved. He most certainly has an agenda. And he's shown himself to be savvy about using the media to promote his agenda. That's all.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:57 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,784,490 times
Quote:
You can GUARANTEE that Hogg has done his fair share of bullying? Please tell us what you've witnessed.
My statement is pretty darn fair. Especially after seeing the most innocent kids actually bullying.

Quote:
Hogg is not.............only to those who think it's appropriate to personally attack and destroy those who disagree with them. Because that's a strategy for those who cannot rebut the argument being made, and so try to discredit the person making the argument.
He want's to run with the big dogs. he has even admitted that he has no respect for people. There is no discrediting. He's doing a darn good job of it himself.
The kid is in over his head. My 14 year old puts together a better argument than he does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies