Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2018, 09:01 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
My statement is pretty darn fair. Especially after seeing the most innocent kids actually bullying.

He want's to run with the big dogs. he has even admitted that he has no respect for people. There is no discrediting. He's doing a darn good job of it himself.
The kid is in over his head. My 14 year old puts together a better argument than he does.
Your statement isn't fair. YOU have ZERO knowledge of Hogg bullying anyone, but you GUARANTEE that he's done so. What bs.

Maybe Hogg is in over his head. He is just a kid. He's waded into the quagmire over gun control. But his perspective is the perspective of a student at a school where a school shooting occured, and many were killed or injured. That's a perspective that merits a voice in the debate. His rhetoric may be offensive, his arguments may offend you. They certainly offended Laura Ingraham. Who decided to strike a low blow. And got blow-back.

Old 03-30-2018, 09:03 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
My statement is pretty darn fair. Especially after seeing the most innocent kids actually bullying.

He want's to run with the big dogs. he has even admitted that he has no respect for people. There is no discrediting. He's doing a darn good job of it himself.
The kid is in over his head. My 14 year old puts together a better argument than he does.

After that curse filled rant that he started....he bullies people, no doubt....

Old 03-30-2018, 09:16 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Advertisers aren't afraid to be connected to any controversy. They don't want to be connected to the person who's on the negative end of a controversy. Ingraham crossed a line she shouldn't have, and she was on the negative end of the controversy. Hence her apology.

The advertisers may or may not come back. If they get more revenue advertising elsewhere, they won't come back.

Hogg is Hogg. He's a high school student from a school where his schoolmates were killed by a school shooter. He's speaking out about his experience, and what he thinks about the existing policies in our nation that are supposed to prevent school shootings, and how he thinks those policies can be improved. He most certainly has an agenda. And he's shown himself to be savvy about using the media to promote his agenda. That's all.

That gives him a pass to make up lies, without inquiry? Is this Marxist America, or what?
Pretty soon, blasphemy laws will be enacted.

Hogg wants us silenced, because he cannot compete with the truth we speak.

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Your statement isn't fair. YOU have ZERO knowledge of Hogg bullying anyone, but you GUARANTEE that he's done so. What bs.

Maybe Hogg is in over his head. He is just a kid. He's waded into the quagmire over gun control. But his perspective is the perspective of a student at a school where a school shooting occured, and many were killed or injured. That's a perspective that merits a voice in the debate. His rhetoric may be offensive, his arguments may offend you. They certainly offended Laura Ingraham. Who decided to strike a low blow. And got blow-back.
We will have to agree to disagree on him bullying. There is not a single kid out there that has not bullied another. He's even going after adults.

His BS does not offend me. I actually roll my eyes and laugh at him because he has a lot of growing up to do. His parents must be so proud...dad must also be so proud of the damage his kids are doing to themselves because of their social media posts. Dad should know better and have raised his kids to know better especially being prior military and FBI and working for a government contractor. Which ALL 3 do look at you personally and your family, along with searching you online so they can see what is out there (don't say they don't because they sure do). After all social media posts and articles posted online about you are looked at by colleges and employers which could be the reason he was denied.

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Munching tide pods and trying to figure out what bathroom to use.

I would remind everyone that Laura Ingram didn't start this business about Hogg's college rejections.
Hogg started it when he gave interviews about it 2 days before she tweeted and he tweeted about his rejections and his scores 2 days before she did anything.

He is a Brat and a pawn of George Soros and Media Matters.

Now he says he will accept the apology she made (which she should have never done) IF she will denounce on air and on twitter Fox News.
This is just like the argument that the birthers use when defending Trump's years-long efforts to discredit Obama.

She, like Trump, didn't have to repeat or run with the issue AT ALL. Doesn't matter where it originated.
She has free will. She could have chosen not to lower herself to personal attacks.

I know this may come as a shock to some people, but lots of people use twitter, like FB, to communicate with people in their PERSONAL sphere.
So he noted that he was disappointed by the rejections. Aren't people usually disappointed by rejections, be they from colleges, jobs, potential romantic interests...?

It was Ingraham who took this very personal communication and CHOSE to turn it into something nasty and condescending.
She CHOSE to disseminate this personal information that has absolutely NOTHING to do with his cause because she is a petty woman with no filters who has made a living off of being nasty and abusive and thought she could get away with it as she has done in the past.

Well, surprise, surprise.
Turns out that there are limits to what people find acceptable discourse.

People can defend her all they want.
It says nothing about David Hogg and everything about their world views.
Seems that there are a lot of people who are very comfortable dwelling in the gutter.
But then we knew that after seeing some of the abuse that was, and continues to be, heaped on the Obama family.

Old 03-30-2018, 09:17 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,197,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
He's a 17-year-old who is absolutely fearless. He is not afraid, of the NRA, Laura Ingraham, or anything else. This was all a ploy to try to find his Achilles heel, and it failed. He stood up and spit in the face of his attacker, and backed her down quickly.

That's what's really bugging all of you, isn't it...?
YES!

Old 03-30-2018, 09:23 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Bunch of hypocrites

Disgusting our society enables and puts these punks on some lofty pedestal.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/david-h...aura-ingraham/

Old 03-30-2018, 09:24 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,674 times
Quote:
We will have to agree to disagree on him bullying. There is not a single kid out there that has not bullied another. He's even going after adults.
Quite a lofty claim there. It begs the question of whether you understand the definition of bully and how you concluded every child has bullied another?

Quote:
His BS does not offend me. I actually roll my eyes and laugh at him because he has a lot of growing up to do. His parents must be so proud...dad must also be so proud of the damage his kids are doing to themselves because of their social media posts. Dad should know better and have raised his kids to know better especially being prior military and FBI and working for a government contractor. Which ALL 3 do look at you personally and your family, along with searching you online so they can see what is out there (don't say they don't because they sure do). After all social media posts and articles posted online about you are looked at by colleges and employers which could be the reason he was denied.
He wasn’t brought into the spotlight because of his social media, he is where he is because his school was gunned down by someone who should have been stopped long before it happened. Your complaints about his social media are baseless, that’s not the reason he has garnered attention. It’s his experience and his willingness to step out and be a vocal presence about it that has created a platform for him.

Old 03-30-2018, 09:24 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:

I suspect that his social media posts were rather mundane until the school shooting. And weren't the reason he was denied. He was probably denied because the schools were public universities in California who give preference to students in California. His grades and scores were very good, but not good enough to oust California students.

Old 03-30-2018, 09:27 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,197,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
It's ok for hypocrites like Hogg to insult Republicans and old people, but the moment someone mentions his whining about not getting accepted to the UC system, he throws a hissy fit.

I have lost ALL respect for Ingraham for 'apologizing' (wasn't a real apology but anyways) to Hogg. Trump would NEVER have apologized to a hypocritical snob like Hogg. This guy has narcissism and arrogance written all over him and I forsee more news from him in the future as he tries to extend his 15 minutes of fame.
Good point. President Trump has never displayed any narcissism and arrogance. Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies