U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2018, 01:37 PM

8,877 posts, read 2,756,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
I have no doubt that YOU and folks like Hogg, et al (or rather those propping them up) would love nothing more than confiscating all firearms from law abiding, tax paying American citizens. Deny it all you want, but that is the dream that some have.
I don't have a problem with people owning guns. I own guns. However I and folks like Hogg would like to see comprehensive background checks, assault weapons bans and digitized gun registration. Do we want to confiscate all firearms from law abiding, tax paying American citizens? Nah.

Old 03-30-2018, 01:37 PM

32,423 posts, read 16,605,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Laura should have known better than to apologize. I thought people on the right knew better than that now. It never helps, and it is just used as an admission of guilt that emboldens the accuser.
Admitting to fault is part of any proper apology. But of course Ingraham couldn't quite get herself to issue an actual apology, anyway.

Old 03-30-2018, 01:39 PM

1,522 posts, read 707,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't have a problem with people owning guns. I own guns. However I and folks like Hogg would like to see comprehensive background checks, assault weapons bans and digitized gun registration. Do we want to confiscate all firearms from law abiding, tax paying American citizens? Nah.
There is no such thing as an "assault weapon". It is not a military term, its a made up term designed to dupe fools into believing a certain way. And it works!

Old 03-30-2018, 01:45 PM

Quote:
There is no such thing as an "assault weapon". It is not a military term, its a made up term designed to dupe fools into believing a certain way. And it works!
After the violence I've seen by these types of weapons, yes, it works. Whatever you want to call it. And call me a fool, nazi, SJW, snowflake, whatever you wish, it won't stop me and others from continuing to push for gun reform.

Old 03-30-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
The weapons that have been used in school violence and other mass shootings need to be banned. I haven't been duped into believing anything. I see the news and see what these types of weapons can do.
Call me a fool, nazi, SJW, snowflake, whatever you wish, it won't stop me and others from continuing to push for gun reform.

Old 03-30-2018, 01:53 PM

5,720 posts, read 3,197,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Get away with what? Her job is to comment, and she has that right.
Commenting is one thing, and, yes, she absolutely has that right. But she doesn't have the right to go after kids.

Old 03-30-2018, 01:57 PM

1,522 posts, read 707,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Commenting is one thing, and, yes, she absolutely has that right. But she doesn't have the right to go after kids.
Can you not see that Hogg gave up the "kid" moniker when he called law abiding US citizens murderers??? He has entered the public realm.

Old 03-30-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
I have no doubt that YOU and folks like Hogg, et al (or rather those propping them up) would love nothing more than confiscating all firearms from law abiding, tax paying American citizens. Deny it all you want, but that is the dream that some have.
God, you people are obsessed. If you are so concerned about defense and in the right to own/carry weapons like AR-15 rifles, why don't y'all put on a uniforms and defend our country?

Old 03-30-2018, 01:58 PM

4,896 posts, read 1,359,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Sure she does. And people have the right to boycott her for it. And advertisers have the right to pull their support because of the people boycotting her and toxicity she generates.

Punching down is almost always in bad taste.

Old 03-30-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Can you not see that Hogg gave up the "kid" moniker when he called law abiding US citizens murderers??? He has entered the public realm.
He's a kid. Period. Besides, he called the NRA "murderers." The NRA is a big, powerful organization; they can take it. Or, do you think the NRA is made up of snowflakes for snowflakes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or